It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops called on women breastfeeding their kids, then dozens of breastfeeding moms show up to protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

IDK if it's the same in the States but here women have the right to go topless. If it's not an issue of coverage what's the dillio? No one wants to be reminded what boobs are REALLY for?

I'm not from the States I'm from where you are from and how often do you see women going topless? I have never see any women going around topless.

Maybe but women still have that right.

Do they because it seems the cops here don't know it? Here's what happened to two young women bicycling in public on a hot day.

"We passed by a cop in an SUV and he immediately makes a U-turn after seeing us from the front," she told CTV Kitchener over the weekend. "He says, 'Ladies, you're going to need to put shirts on.'" As the sisters began to argue with the officer, Brilla pulled out her cellphone and recorded the interaction. She said the conversation changed when she began recording. "What are you stopping us for?" she can be heard asking. The officer asked her whether she had lights on her bike. "He would have seen our lights shining on him and our helmets and everything," she told CTV. Brilla said they told him they had a legal right to be topless, and shouldn't have been stopped at all. Women have had the legal right to expose their breasts in Ontario since 1996. Guelph, Ont. student Gwen Jacobs was arrested for walking home from class while topless in 1991. Jacobs was charged with committing an indecent act, but fought the charge and won five years later.

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

IDK if it's the same in the States but here women have the right to go topless. If it's not an issue of coverage what's the dillio? No one wants to be reminded what boobs are REALLY for?

I'm not from the States I'm from where you are from and how often do you see women going topless? I have never see any women going around topless.

I have an IP tv account that all the channels come from Canada.

Im amazed at some of your commercials that we would never see in the states.

Movies on your regular channels dont even get edited . They cuss and show nudity then go to commercial.

States are prude as hell..

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That was over 20 years ago. However:

Jacobs was charged with committing an indecent act, but fought the charge and won five years later.

It's a right.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Movies on your regular channels dont even get edited . They cuss and show nudity then go to commercial.

You should see the "blue" movies they put on the French channels weekend nights.
Basically soft core pron.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If you want to see a boob or hear a cuss word on a movie here you have to pay for HBO or one of the premium channels.

They will edit every cuss word and just ruin a movie here.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That was over 20 years ago. However:

Jacobs was charged with committing an indecent act, but fought the charge and won five years later.

It's a right.

The article is dated 2015, so that is 3 years ago.
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago04490931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You should see the "blue" movies they put on the French channels weekend nights.
Basically soft core pron.

Yes, I've seen those movies two decades ago and to me they were hard pron, so if they are now soft pron then somebody must have complained.
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago04690931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Trust me. That's soft core.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Trust me. That's soft core.

Okay you win because I know nothing of pron, soft or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, in the UK it's illegal to prevent a woman breastfeeding in a public place, such as in a cafe, pub, a shop or a train, or any public place. A summary of the law is that "... a business cannot discriminate against mothers who are breastfeeding a child of any age". Businesses are required to ensure staff are trained and women are not discriminated against.

Now I know the US is a land of rights, but in this case it's wrong to prevent breastfeeding. Any waffle to justify is just that; waffle.

However, let's look at this in context. There are many nations, societies and cultures that won't even let a woman out of the house, so while the US may have some way to go before people stop being afraid of women doing what comes natural, they are pretty much there. They way to normalise is to debate and "do".

edit on 24/7/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

edit on 24-7-2018 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'd do the same. I'm not showing my genitals in public when I want to piss and I'm tired of boob fest in commercials, games, movies, everywhere.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think every state is different but in OHIO it's A OKAY to go topless as a woman! Let them bounce I say!

Lol, but yes at any rate I can see where that law may not stretch into a business "no shirt, no shoes, no service" kind of deal. Any how, if I was her I would have gladly left, I wouldn't want to contribute to the success of any place that would shame someone breast feeding like that!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think every state is different

Yep.

California they get to snip in their streets.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in the UK, even in a private establishment.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

According to the CDC, only 19.12% of people surveyed in 2015 opposed public breastfeeding. Obviously the numbers are trending in the right direction.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I assume any men at the pool were wearing full. Victorian style swiming costume with their chests fully covered.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

We need burkas in this country for all the puritans who are terrified by the human anatomy. The Sharia-ists are right, the female body makes people loopy.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

This happens in countries where people live cushy (boring) lives.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ScepticScot

We need burkas in this country for all the puritans who are terrified by the human anatomy. The Sharia-ists are right, the female body makes people loopy.

It's quite the logic they use.

They can't control their 'sinful' thoughts on seeing a little bit of female flesh so women should be forced to be modest. How about they just wear blindfolds instead, or better yet stay at home where they won't bother anyone else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join