It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people in major cities need to all have scooters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Events of national disasters that require roads to escape will become clogged and go nowhere. A family with scooters have the best chance of getting out quickly. A scooter on average will get you 2 hours of travel time going 40 km an hour. Actually it will get you more, but I always look for a gas station after 2 hours on the road.
I hope people realize that a car is a trap. Yes a bicycle is best, but to escape a danger zone, the scooter with a family that has a few on hand have the best chance of getting out of a danger zone. Most scooters as you know clock out at 60 km so I'm being conservative here. Guys and gals buy them scooters, have a gallon or more of gas on hand, and "yes" water and some can food. A fishing pole also may come in handy.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I can't imagine riding on a scooter, but then again I don't live in areas that they are common. I watched a doc recently somewhere in asia with a guy from America trying new raw and live foods on his youtube chan. Some of it beyond my tastebuds but yeah, it was pretty congested in the streets trying to manuever around.
edit on 24-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

I can't imagine riding in a scooter, but then again I don't live in areas that they are common. I watched a doc recently somewhere in asia with a guy from America trying new raw and live foods on his youtube chan. Some of it beyond my tastebuds but yeah, it was pretty congested in the streets trying to manuever around.

You know I never thought of street food vendor catching on in the States either, but with the food trucks, that is all it took.
Yes, here in Asia, the scooter in most places are tops, but the motorcycle too is catching on in many countries.
But really, the scooter is the best way to get out of a stalled traffic jam in any major city of a current disaster.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I imagine it would be. Most of the time I reside outside of the City and toward mountainous areas. People in North America still prefer cars to scooters though, so I honestly can't see that catching on here for some time.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

We are getting more bike rental programs in cities if anything...

smaller cars even, are not the rage let alone a moped/scooter

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Specifically by age. And only during weather that favors riding bikes and scooters.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

How well do you expect a scooter to travel off road, over broken roads, rubble and debris?

Not very well.

A good jeep or a horse will be much more effective.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If Iived in a city I wouldn't need a scooter, I'd just need my neighbor to have a scooter. And I'd hit him a second time if he didn't have it gassed when the SHTF.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Details man, details. City/Scooter type/Gas/Violent Impact .. nail gun/ hammer/ saw/ hatchet?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
come on guys
I only thought this would be a good suggestion since most people these days live in mega cities

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
Details man, details. City/Scooter type/Gas/Violent Impact .. nail gun/ hammer/ saw/ hatchet?

D) All of the above.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a dirtbike maby but yea u wana be on a road in a situation like that ... i dont think the scooter can hold the amount of ammo it would take to keep the scooter

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

E ) Who are you, Dr. Kill Em All?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There are definitely cities in the US where this would be an advantage during the warm part of the year. Scooters are not commonplace in northern areas that get bad/long winters.

The day of the last total solar eclipse in US many people were trying to get out of the city where I live to travel to towns in the line of totality nearby. It was an absolute mess and most of the people I talked to never made it and had to watch the partial eclipse while stuck on the freeway. I hate freeways and avoid them at all costs so I made it to the eclipse okay.

I think most of America is still unpopulated enough that just seeking out back roads instead of major highways would be enough to get you out. Just don’t use the route your phone maps out for you.

reply to: musicismagic

edit on 24-7-2018 by gr8skott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Friends? PLEASE READ.

From Homeland Security's training...and I don't want scare you but....most people won't/can't/aren't getting "away"..

Crowded roads are the least of your problem.Use this formula we use in disaster scenarios:

On a map, look what is 50 miles in all directions from your home say. Now mark those spots.

Now, look 50 miles from those and realize THOSE people are heading YOUR way...or at minimum...will be moving alongside of you trying to flee.

Next...every airport ...even small ones... will be cordoned off/commandeered for/by the military.

We have as much chance of "getting away" as we did when I was in grade school and we trained to get under our desks to avoid a nuke attack.

The gov HAS to provide some sense of prepardness info for us....but in reality? Scooters won't get you far before other folks take it from you....

Still...everyone should have a plan...most importantly..know WHERE you're fleeing to, what's there, and that you won't be alone.

1st Responder
EMT/Advanced Disaster Life Support
FEMA/Dept. of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Michigan, U.S.A.

edit on 24-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Friends? PLEASE READ.

From Homeland Security's training...and I don't want scare you but....most people won't/can't/aren't getting "away"..

Crowded roads are the least of your problem.Use this forula we use in disaster scenarios:

On a map, look what is 50 miles in all directions from your home say. Now mark those spots. Now, look 50 miles from those and realize THOSE people are heading YOUR way...or at minimum...will be moving alongside of you trying to flee.

Next...every airport ...even small ones... will be cordoned off/commandeered for/by the military.

We have as much chance of "getting away" as we did when I was in grade school and we trained to get under our desks to avoid a nuke attack.

The gov HAS to provide some sense of prepardness info for us....but in reality? Scooters won't get you far before other folks take it from you....

Still...everyone should have a plan...most importantly..know WHERE you're fleeing to, what's there, and that you won't be alone.

1st Responder

Thank you
I guess I'm basing it on my stay in this country where a scooter really will get you into the countryside. Then again, people don't have guns here.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Friends? PLEASE READ.

Crowded roads are the least of your problem.Use this forula we use in disaster scenarios:

On a map, look what is 50 miles in all directions from your home say. Now mark those spots. Now, look 50 miles from those and realize THOSE people are heading YOUR way...or at minimum...will be moving alongside of you trying to flee.

1st Responder

Thank you
I guess I'm basing it on my stay in this country where a scooter really will get you into the countryside. Then again, people don't have guns here.

Think about this.How many others are leaving too within 100 miles?

You won't be alone if/when you get to where you THINK is the direction or place to go.

Guns? For sure they'll pop up when the 1st sev. hundred or thousand get away. Its not like the bad (and good) guys don't have a single gun in your whole country.

Thinking that is just naive'.
edit on 24-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join