It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the money come from for unaccompanied minors?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So I was poking around checking on the numbers for unaccompanied minors for the last few years after reading a post in another thread about it. According to US Border and Customs it is as the graph shows:

source

Now that's a LOT of unaccompanied kids.

From a very small amount of research I gathered it costs anywhere from $1500 to $10000, depending on where in Mexico or Central America you are coming from. El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras being the majority of those unaccompanied minors, I figured an average of around $7500 per minor.

So...who is paying roughly $300,000,000.00 per year to smuggle these kids in? Certainly not the families as they would be WAY to poor to pay according to everyone.

It appears to me that the child trafficking rings are massive and who's got the money to pay for them? People in the US.

The more I think about this the crazier it sounds....the amount of money exchanged to smuggle these kids in is massive....where did it come from?

I mean 2014, according to the chart...was almost double that! And just look at reports from 2014 on child trafficking being on the rise...it lines up.

edit on 7/24/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Humans are a huge commodity. They not only make money for the coyotes but also the traffickers. Then once here they are entered into some type of servitude making very low wages with someone yet again profiting off of them.

Cartels know this all to well, drugs are just a side business, humans are where they make their money.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You know you are really on to something here.
I wonder how many of our members and visitors
will investigate what you are placing forth.

The journalist/sleuth who tackles this story
will win. But there will be a price.

S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

In many cases, the traffikers are paid by money being sent back home. It's often a very predatory business with females being pressed into prostitution to pay the fees. Their families are vulnerable back home and anything can happen to them. This happens in Europe and I can't think of any reason why it won't be a similar 'business model' Stateside.

As for the figures? Who really knows? People play up (or play down) the numbers to suit their own goals. It's like the police version of 'street drug prices' compared to actual street prices...often double and triple the real prices.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Plus you have to factor in the unaccompanied minors that DON'T get caught. What is the usual ratio of caught to uncaught illegal border crossers?

Is it 50? 70%?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Like any underhanded criminals,I'm sure they will negotiate price,depending on amount of people,everyone acts like there is a price scale

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
People in these countries will live on almost nothing and save money up.

I live in Mexico so I know.

I have seen people who make $10 a week save up money to pay coyotes.

Now I live near a railroad line that goes to the border. And I remember several times when passing by and seeing a train moving seeing it full of people coming from the south. And I don't mean passenger trains. People were packed on the top all the way across and on each side of the cars, hundreds of people hitching a ride up north, perhaps thousands on a single train.

I doubt any of them had any money.

Many of them would get off in our city and walk through the streets, begging for food, and robbing anything they can find. They are not rich people by any means. And most of them don't have much morals of what is right or wrong.

But I can see that is far underway in the United States already. The strange phenomena of SJWs, who have no morality and want to impose it on everyone, especially through the entertainment industry. You get the same class of nihilists from the millennials raised probably by hippies who had no morals. And that is why their story-telling in the movie industry is so bad. They have no morality, and that leads to movies like The Last Jedi.

There has been a long-term goal of eroding the morality of society that has been on-going for decades in the United States. That degregation has already been in the Central-South American societies for thousands of years. Where they were raised in societies that worshiped disgusting gods who demanded human sacrifice among other things.

It is all a sign of Satan and his superhuman demonic fallen angels' influence over human society.
edit on 24-7-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
let it be

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

As for the figures? Who really knows? People play up (or play down) the numbers to suit their own goals. It's like the police version of 'street drug prices' compared to actual street prices...often double and triple the real prices.

Sheeeeeeeeit. The cops will bust a half pound of schwag weed and say its "street value" is $50,000.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Sheeeeeeeeit. The cops will bust a half pound of schwag weed and say its "street value" is $50,000.

Indeed, a recent local story an old couple were busted with 2 small weed plants, the cops weighed soil and all called it a massive bust of 1.4kg, did them for supply and cultivate... I know who the crooks are and it ain't the old couple.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This makes separation of kids from the adults at borders even more important. The left would happily let everyone go their way believing they are parents or only have the best interest of these kids at heart.Kind of what the police did to the Jeffrey Dahmer victim with the holes in his head. They believed JD's story and send the poor victim on his merry [death] way with his murderer.

Never get complacent, never believe anything that comes out of someone who is committing a crime [illegal entering of another country]. Separate, check and double check before sending them all back together.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Plus you have to factor in the unaccompanied minors that DON'T get caught. What is the usual ratio of caught to uncaught illegal border crossers?

Is it 50? 70%?

I was thinking about that as well. I am pretty sure there are guesstimates at the number that make it through but I would guess over 50%.

And these are just the southwest border numbers.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AikoJWeston
let it be

Let what be?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
People in these countries will live on almost nothing and save money up.

I live in Mexico so I know.

I have seen people who make $10 a week save up money to pay coyotes.

Now I live near a railroad line that goes to the border. And I remember several times when passing by and seeing a train moving seeing it full of people coming from the south. And I don't mean passenger trains. People were packed on the top all the way across and on each side of the cars, hundreds of people hitching a ride up north, perhaps thousands on a single train.

I doubt any of them had any money.

Many of them would get off in our city and walk through the streets, begging for food, and robbing anything they can find. They are not rich people by any means. And most of them don't have much morals of what is right or wrong.

But I can see that is far underway in the United States already. The strange phenomena of SJWs, who have no morality and want to impose it on everyone, especially through the entertainment industry. You get the same class of nihilists from the millennials raised probably by hippies who had no morals. And that is why their story-telling in the movie industry is so bad. They have no morality, and that leads to movies like The Last Jedi.

There has been a long-term goal of eroding the morality of society that has been on-going for decades in the United States. That degregation has already been in the Central-South American societies for thousands of years. Where they were raised in societies that worshiped disgusting gods who demanded human sacrifice among other things.

It is all a sign of Satan and his superhuman demonic fallen angels' influence over human society.

That's just in Mexico. The larger number of unaccompanied children come from farther south.

Even at $10/week, it would take years to come up with the money. I dont think this is the norm as the kid would be old.

I get the thought of someone already in the US sending money back as that would be a lot faster, but it also doesn't make sense. I am talking about unaccompanied children. As a father, I cant think of any parent that would send their kid on a thousand mile trek with a likely predator (coyotes) that might just harm them.

None of it adds up.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've done a couple of thse threads and they always die cuz its not political enough.
I forget the exact number but something like 250k kids in the us go missing....EVERY YEAR! That is just the US. I swear the world is run by evil aliens. Whats that Denzel Washington and John Goodman cop movie???? Where the alien keeps moving to other peeps. Its just like that. And it wouldnt take more than a couple dozen of them to control the whole world.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I've done a couple of thse threads and they always die cuz its not political enough.
I forget the exact number but something like 250k kids in the us go missing....EVERY YEAR! That is just the US. I swear the world is run by evil aliens. Whats that Denzel Washington and John Goodman cop movie???? Where the alien keeps moving to other peeps. Its just like that. And it wouldnt take more than a couple dozen of them to control the whole world.

I always come back to the 2007 movie Trade....it was a great movie about child trafficking that got very little publicity.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I will check that out. If one were a reporter....wouldn't one want to blow the lid off a case like this? When was the last time a reporter really smashed a big story? Hmmm.....that guy that his mercedes blew up? What was his name?

The conspiracy world can be a dark and lonely place. Thank god for beer.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I will check that out. If one were a reporter....wouldn't one want to blow the lid off a case like this? When was the last time a reporter really smashed a big story? Hmmm.....that guy that his mercedes blew up? What was his name?

The conspiracy world can be a dark and lonely place. Thank god for beer.

I know....would love it if a real reporter would pop up at some point these days.

This story alone would have plenty of twists I am sure. One could make an entire career out of it. Sadly, I believe reporters and media just want that immediate satisfaction of a shooting or a fire or whatever. Nothing with any real meat on it anymore...no digging or research...just knee jerk.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The world has come down to clickbait. Great. At least it's getting close to College Football season soon, so I can put down ATS for a couple months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm sure that others may have touched on this, but sometimes these kids pay for their way in through illegal indentured servitude--they must work as basically slaves for a specified amount of time until the debt is paid off.

I don't know the stats on it, nor do I really want to think about the number of kids thrown into that situation, but I know that it exists and happens on a consistent basis.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join