It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Ritter: US to Attack Iran's Reactors in June

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
all I make of that is Bush is having to really piling it on in an attempt to come up with some of the help he needs in Iraq......

sorry, but he is talking to europe, who he is hoping will take some of the burden off of us in Iraq.......ya know, white men speak with forked tongues!!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't think it has anything to do with the topic at hand, which is, Ritter's claim that we plan to attack Iran in June. Here's what Bush said today:

Somebody mentioned the scandal so I decided to address it. It's critical to understanding his flip-flop, in my opinion.

From reading this thread, one gathers that 1: Some folks believe there will be no attack of Iran, and 2: Other folks believe it's certain that we will attack Iran. I guess I'm in group 3: Not sure yet but it ain't looking good.

This man has a complete anti-Bush agenda, yes, so why would he risk predicting the date if he has no real recon on the situation? If he's wrong, he loses all credibility and the administration looks more peaceful. Why would he bother? Just to get attention? Why would he want this kind of attention?

Did Scott Ritter just flip-out and stop being a patriot or did his sexual scandal cause him to start telling the truth?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can't speak for Ritter's personal motives or agenda, I have no idea. But I am nearly 100% certain there will be no attack in June. There will have to be several U.N. security council sessions on it, and alot of red tape long before any attack. Bush would not make himself look so completely bad by announcing outright that it is "ridiculous" to assert we are planning an attack on Iran, and then turn around and do it in three months. Not even he can be that stupid. I think Ritter is dead wrong on his prediction.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In a related story, the US will give the EU until June to do something about Iran.

Boston.com

VIENNA (Reuters) - In its drive to stop Iran gaining any ability to make nuclear weapons, the United States is ready to give European allies only until June to cajole Tehran before Washington seeks U.N. sanctions, U.S. diplomatic documents show.

Something may happen by that time to make airstrikes the preferred option for the US instead of sanctions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join