It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 years from now people won't be able to live in Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: musicismagic

Subway is doing badly too lately.

I don’t know what’s happening

I guess pretty soon we'll all just be ordering stuff from Amazon, sitting in our homes like prisoners.

It's a similar thing here in the UK. The only permanent jobs in my area are management jobs. Even an entry level "engineer" job is required to have two years experience leading a team. Everyone with technical skills has either been in a company for decades or is working as a contractors now simply because it's the only way to make sure they get to use the core skills they wish to develop.

But as contractors/freelancers money flow isn't constant. So the only solution is cut spending to a minimum. Other countries in Europe safeguarded their technical workers and don't have this problem.

What really killed the economy is "Temp Agencies" that hire on contract. No job security really these days. Glad I've been self employed for most of my working days.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the look into life in Japan! I really hope the crazy weather leaves you alone for at least a little while.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

We don't know global warming is real and we especially don't know that it's anthropogenic.

Ducking retards can't even read all you have to do is look at failed predictions and the emails from the dip shots that were fudging data.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Showing how the temperatures in the last 60 years have risen from the average temp of 30c in summer to now temperatures reaching as high as 41c.

Not to downplay their current heatwave but seems a bit deceiving to compare average temps with record highs. What's the current average temp? That'd be a lot more revealing as to the extent of the warming I'd think?
edit on 23/7/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Good point about the data fudging and I would have added the fact that the Carbon Point's scandal was also rigged to make money for a very small elite whom were moving there money from the petroleum industry to the artificial Carbon point's0 industry were they were going to act as brokers selling point's between nation's.

However the fact is that despite your own skepticism Global warming is most certainly real and happening.

How much of this is down to human activity?.

Deforestation - tree's soak up a lot of Carbon of course forests can also release it but the net is more absorb than release or of course coal would never have formed now would it.
Human's are rapidly deforesting the planet often driven by poverty which is in turn driven by the corrupt elite whom rule our world and funnel our national assets into there own bank accounts robbing the rest of us (just to rephrase that the Ultra Elite rich tiny minority whom have control of almost all the wealth in the world and have mostly gotten there through dirty rotten evil activity's, fraud, insider trading and owning country's in there back pockets - not just the rothschilds in fact the rothschilds are really not the elite I am talking about they just broker for them).

Fossil Fuel's, these resources are a natural carbon store, the carbon within them used to be atmospheric carbon long ago, guess what there were no ice cap's back then, we are busy draining that carbon store back into the atmosphere so as the old saying goes, Go figure.

I could of course go on and on and on and on and on like a demented 1980's Ariston advert (a home appliance brand that claimed it's machines were reliable and so of course went on and on and on).

Now global warming is not cut and dried as for example 50.000 years ago during the last Glacial minimum the temperature in England for example was a lot warmer than today and of course natural global temperature fluctuation do and are expected to occur, in fact it USED to be a fact as recently as the 1980's that over 60 percent of the carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere yearly came from natural sources mainly from Volcanic activity BUT of course forest's and HEALTHY unpolluted ocean's full of marine life acted as super efficient carbon sump's, that is sadly today not the case with self serving @ickheads happily burning the house that not only they but the rest of us have to live in to the ground.

I actually believe there is a war coming and it won't be the type you would imagine, not resource war though that WILL happen and is inevitable - in fact all wars ARE resource wars (except those few fought on moral, defensive or nationalist ground's and even they have a resource element behind them usually), no a war in which billion's will die as a result of the global changes and in which old enemy's will then unite to face off the one's that they will see as having done that to them and they will NOT be fangless either, god help the coming generations when that happen's because it is always the innocent that suffer and once again the scum bag's that profiteer from the misery will still be the one's walking away with there pocket's jangling.

edit on 23-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I would like to see any source to this post.
We all have our opinions.
All respect.

Currently Japan is getting temperatures in line with the central valley of California. Nothing new and not off of usual temperatures. They are around the same latitude line (if I remember correct).

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Crazy hot in the Netherlands as well, this week 32-37 celcius.
It's the hottest and most dry spring and summer ever recorded.
This country is a water country but even so people are told not to use water for their gardens and just take short showers and such!

Anyways I think it may be sooner then 100 years. When the ice melts in the artic and the ice in Siberia there will be a crazy amount of methane going up in the atmosphere (already happening) which is about 80X times more powerful in the short term then co2 as a greenhouse gas.
Then average temperatures could rise very fast so then the Q comes if we can survive this really.
This will happen about in 2050 (plus/minus).

Of course we can invent things like sucking up co2 from the atmosphere but we must act fast and from the looks of it, they ain't doing that much still.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I would like to see any source to this post.
We all have our opinions.
All respect.

Currently Japan is getting temperatures in line with the central valley of California. Nothing new and not off of usual temperatures. They are around the same latitude line (if I remember correct).

Actually the wife is from this country and as a child she told me it rarely went over 30c. Now we get deadly heavy flash flooding and temps that are topping 41c and people collapsing on the streets. Maybe the news and her are right.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Between Fukushima and more future damage done by the ring of fire I would not be surprised by that in 100 yrs time.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

www.skepticalscience.com...
skepticalscience.com...
climate.nasa.gov...
phys.org...

My opinion we are heading toward a natural Glacial minimum a period between glacial maximum's which have come and gone in the past several million years multiple time's, however human activity is almost definitely accelerating the process and with potentially catastrophic result's.

Now do not misunderstand me I am very PRO human and believe that not only could our planet support a far huger human population but that it could also support vast managed arcology's to boost the ability of our planets surface to support both nature and humanity but in order to do so we would have to mature as a species and start to act more sensibly with our planet and it's resources.

And there are far more sensible way's to create job's than destroying the world we all have to live in.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

WOW...you can eat sushi for $12...for TWO????

Holy cow, around here I can't walk out of a sushi place for under about $60-70 and that barely covers two!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I wonder if the whales have that long.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Well I guess since everything is beyond the point of no return, no use worrying about it now huh?

That explains why our media reports on things like this: Trump Notes

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Thought this was about that fukishima disaster.

It seems to be heating up all over the planet. Not sure if this is just a cycle or it's to do with the Industrial and Tech age.

I do know that here in England, we havn't had a Summer like this for over 30 years. Just saw on the news that Greece is having some of it's worst wildfires ever with 60 people dying and may more injured.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It seems to be heating up all over the planet. Not sure if this is just a cycle or it's to do with the Industrial and Tech age.

I do know that here in England, we havn't had a Summer like this for over 30 years. Just saw on the news that Greece is having some of it's worst wildfires ever with 60 people dying and may more injured.

What's the situation in England? Is it worse than summer of 2003? It was miserable that year.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Weren't the polar caps supposed to be melted by now?

No. They've been melting, but there is a lot of ice to melt and that takes time.

The absolute worst-case prediction in any study was for sea ice in the Arctic was between 2013 and 2019 for a summer minimum extent less than 1 million sq km. That doesn't mean there won't be ice, or that there won't be more ice at other parts of the year. Other studies put it as late as 2029.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

We don't know global warming is real and we especially don't know that it's anthropogenic.

Ducking retards can't even read all you have to do is look at failed predictions and the emails from the dip shots that were fudging data.

Jaden

We very much do, and we certainly do. Greenhouse gases redistribute energy closer to the surface, CO2 is a greenhouse gas, we have burnt so much carbon that CO2 levels have risen over 40%, thus it's us.

Many of the projections have been underestimating climate change. The emails you refer to are using language you do not understand, apparently. For example, when they say they were using Mann's trick, they were reducing the warming trend. They were fudging data lower.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What's the situation in England? Is it worse than summer of 2003? It was miserable that year.

By 'worse', do you mean in 'temperature' wise? Well, we've had a good many weeks of Sun and temps in the high 20's to 30's going up to mid 30's this week and possibly reach 37 or so. Some fires did break out on grassland.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: face23785
Weren't the polar caps supposed to be melted by now?

No. They've been melting, but there is a lot of ice to melt and that takes time.

The absolute worst-case prediction in any study was for sea ice in the Arctic was between 2013 and 2019 for a summer minimum extent less than 1 million sq km. That doesn't mean there won't be ice, or that there won't be more ice at other parts of the year. Other studies put it as late as 2029.

So only 10 more years before they can claim they fixed their models (again) and have new predictions?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Japan's biggest problem will be the effects of radiation for decades. Hot weather.... I live in SC it is 90+ for May through September. Five months. It can get up to 120 degrees we have had extreme weather of hurricanes, tornados, draught, 1000 year flood.... but we just keep on surviving. Solar and wind power for the planet should be heavily utilized. Stop driving so much. Errands only on one day, car pool to school or work. Recycle. Pick up plastic and cans roadside trash and recycle. Pour the liquids out of these containers. Reduce consumption. Reuse and repurpose items. Donate to charities. Take shorter or less showers. I mean just stop being a lazy consumer. Everyone can make changes that add up in a big way. I admire the French for being so ecoconscious! They are way ahead of everybody! Japan will be just fine.
edit on 24-7-2018 by frugal because: Not finished typing

edit on 24-7-2018 by frugal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join