It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets on the Florida shooting incident

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
How about put the guns down and settle it other ways peacefully......works every time.

Unless it doesn't.

You never know the intent in another person's heart.

That said, diplomacy should always be the first effort--and probably the second and third, if possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

On that, most of us can agree, but the argument here goes back further.

This is a tragedy of things that stacked up to lead to the shooting.

1. People parking where they shouldn't.

2. Guy harassing those people out of perceived sense of justification.

3. Guy escalating verbal conflict probably unnecessarily by shoving harasser.

4. Guy who got shoved shoots first guy who dies.

There are four steps in the chain, and each step provides an opportunity for someone to have decided not to be an idiot.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: amazing
He was in much better physical shape/stronger and really pushed that guy down on the ground hard. I don't know what was said, but that's pretty threatening. Was the guy on the ground disabled?

Not saying the guy on the ground should have shot him, and with the guy stepping back he shouldn't have, but I can definitely see self defense here.

But just simple "self defense" is not the metric by which the SYG law is measured. The shooter must have felt that he was in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm.

I know that's subjective to the shooter, but that video is not very convincing to a reasonable person that he should have shot the guy.

I agree, but he really did throw him to the ground hard. And then was standing over him in a threatening manner until the gun was drawn. I'm saying that you could make the case that he thought we was in danger of great bodily harm.

Do we know what was said?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I haven't heard a transcript or audio yet, and I think that will be the deciding factor for the prosecutor, if it even exists.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You almost sound like my comment in the other thread about this incident.

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

The main takeaways that I get from this are:
    - Don't be a douche and park in a handicap spot

- Don't be a douche and yell at a woman with a kid in the car about parking in the handicap spot

- Don't assault someone for being a douche and yelling at your girlfriend while your son is in the car

- Make damn well sure that you really feel a need to use a firearm before you pull the trigger

- Reaching for your firearm should rarely be your first instinct during an altercation, especially when you started it

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've learned in life that you have no idea who you are dealing. You can be dealing with a mafia hitmen getting coffee in the morning dressed in a nice suit with a great smile. You can be dealing with someone who just got divorced, lost their house and hasn't seen their kid in six months. You can be dealing with a SF/ Ranger who just came back from his 5th deployment in 3-4 years who is ready to snap.

You have no idea. It's best to mind your business unless there is an obvious situation that requires help like someone being stabbed or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
How about put the guns down and settle it other ways peacefully......works every time.

I take it you've never been on the receiving end of a beat down before?
If there were no gun I do believe the guy would have been beaten down and possibly gotten his head stomped. The other man behind him that came out of the store behind the victim looked like he was getting ready to join in. I don't know why but it seems to be a thing where everyone around jumps in join in the assault. I believe this was likely on the shooter's mind.

Note the victim continued towards the man on the ground after the push until he saw him pulling his weapon. I think that makes his intent pretty clear, though backing away should have ended the altercation. I agree the shooting was unnecessary but I wasn't in his shoes or afraid for my life. His adrenaline was probably sky high, making a situation where thinking goes out the window.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

All that is very true. I, too, think it likely that the pushee was about to receive a beat down from at least one person.

...and, had the guy taken one step towards him after the gun was drawn, then, and only then, did "Stand Your Ground" apply.

I didn't see that...quite the opposite, in fact.

Should be charged, but I'm not sure he will be.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Michael Drejka, who fatally shot Markeis McGlockton after McGlockton shoved him in a Clearwater, Florida, convenience store parking lot, has been charged with manslaughter, officials said Monday.

Link

The man charged with manslaughter after shooting another man in a Clearwater, Florida, convenience store parking lot, has a history of threatening drivers, according to documents from the Pinellas County Circuit Court.

Link

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
"I know the guy who initiated the violence was a black man.
I am betting that the guy with the gun is a white man"

stopped reading their.

Why?

If it was a black man and a black man it would have never made the news.

Otherwise we would have a whole news channel in Chicago. They would be busy.

I guess you are missing the point that shootings only get in the news if it fits the left's narrative.

You are so right! This one fits two narratives. The oppression of the black man by those with "white privilege", particularly a white male and the guns are bad narrative.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Michael Drejka, who fatally shot Markeis McGlockton after McGlockton shoved him in a Clearwater, Florida, convenience store parking lot, has been charged with manslaughter, officials said Monday.

Link

The man charged with manslaughter after shooting another man in a Clearwater, Florida, convenience store parking lot, has a history of threatening drivers, according to documents from the Pinellas County Circuit Court.

Link

Sounds from all that he deserved an ass beating. And murder in the 1st

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Wrong.

The shooter was in the wrong and looking for an excuse clearly......

Read the reports

You know do reseaech

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
When we start making "bets" about someone being killed you know something is seriously wrong with our society. SMH.

+1

I'm for protecting yourself , your family and for gun rights. I don't know the circumstances of this incident or if it was justified, but it appears that nowadays everyone is to quick to kill someone else from civilians (young and old) to police officers.

The issue also appears to have enough blame to go around on all sides.

Might be time to start doing Public Service Announcements on how to be courteous to others , how to avoid getting shot by the police, and how to not escalate things as a civilian or police officer .
edit on 32831America/ChicagoTue, 14 Aug 2018 07:32:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think his history of behavior with guns and aggression toward others hurt his case of self defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join