It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets on the Florida shooting incident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: odzeandennz

You aren't a victim when you physically attack someone stop spreading that disinfo

The guy went after the victims wife... because he felt he could and the guy came out and shoved the man harassing his wife and kids

You are twisting that a bit. Words are going after some one?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I don't think anyone comes out and just starts pushing because someone is harassing your partner.

Doing that automatically escalates the situation from just words to physical. Don't you think it's better to keep things at the level of words until you know more about what's actually going on?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

under florida law if your in some kind of situation like this they post your name and address.....lol
which i dont think is the best option

Unless you're a cop, of course. Different laws for different jobs.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My observations:

- The reaction of the other shoppers walking in/out of the shop (particularly the guy in light blue shirt) makes me believe the shooter was more than likely being quite loud/imposing and perhaps threatening towards the lady in the car. In fact it almost seemed like the guy in the light blue shirt went in to warn the husband/victim of what was happening, as the husband looked to have come out already knowing that something was happening (notice his child stayed behind, probably told to do so).

- As the husband was fast approaching, the wife immediately began hopping out of the car. This to me seemed more like a case of her getting out to get in-between the shooter and the husband and keep the situation from escalating. The reason I mention this is because one of the previous posters indicated that her hopping out was supposed to be further justification for the shooter being "afraid for his life".

- While the shooter was pushed down to the ground quite hard - I didn't get the impression that he intended to do any further harm. But when the older guy pulled the gun, the husband immediately stepped back and it was quite obvious any potential threat was gone. There was absolutely no reason to have to fire the weapon at that point.

In my opinion the shooter should be tried and convicted of manslaughter at the very least. If you make a point of carrying a gun in public and getting into confrontations that put you at risk of a physical beat-down - then you better be able to control your temper when drawing the weapon. The mere sight of it in 99% of cases will be enough to scare the aggressor away and firing it should only ever be done as a last/desperate option.
edit on 23/7/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The wife should feel horrible for parking in a handicapped spot that got her husband shot. If they did not do that it would have NEVER happened. It is not about race, hate or guns.

It is about following the rules.

As far as fear of life, again, take color out of it. If it was a big ass white biker this would not be a thread.
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-23T23:56:50-05:001150 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't think anyone comes out and just starts pushing because someone is harassing your partner.

Doing that automatically escalates the situation from just words to physical. Don't you think it's better to keep things at the level of words until you know more about what's actually going on?

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You aren't a victim when you physically attack someone stop spreading that disinfo

The guy went after the victims wife... because he felt he could and the guy came out and shoved the man harassing his wife and kids

You are twisting that a bit. Words are going after some one?

The shooter went to the other party. None of this would have happened if the guy didn't feel confident with his weapon and went to enforce the law.

I see a stranger at the throat of my loved ones, yeah I'm reacting and protecting my ground. When someone deliberately gets into a situation where you need to stand your ground doesn't apply.

He went to them and subsequently killed the guy. I couldn't claim SYG if I'm the one starting the fight.

This only happened because of 1 person.

Why don't we bookmark this thread and see which reasoning will prevail in this case when it eventually goes to trial.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
The wife should feel horrible for parking in a handicapped spot that got her husband shot. If they did not do that it would have NEVER happened. It is not about race, hate or guns.

It is about following the rules.

So you see someone making a parking violation you go and confront them? Or any moving violations? Do you pull people over when they're speeding or running a red light? Do you follow people who make turns without turn signals ?

The worst case scenario had the guy not committed murder, that lady would have been just an a hole with a 200 fine. Worse case scenario some mentalist gets riled up because he's packing heat and feels like superman...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's tough to say who is at fault. Looked like black guy responded to a verbal argument with unneeded force and pushed the guy when he didn't cower to his manliness.
The wifes say's he dindu nuffin, she's entitled to pafk anywhere she wants.

Or maybe the guy said he would shoot him like he said to the trucker earlier in the same type of argument.

I need audio to decide.

But it did look like he shot him after he backed away as revenge for being pushed, not defense.

Who knows, it could just be another bs shooting story going after cc holders seeing the obvios anti-gun psyops going on lately.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

its why i think the guy driving the buick will be the key to this he saw all of it from the convo before confrontation and the shooting its self and what led up to in including the shove . both have no criminal reccords in florida i could find (am retired bounty hunter so im good at searching) so baring something crazy like shooter threatening the family or the victim saying im gonna kill you its still up in the air

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Sorry I did not explain it correctly. I was really trying to say she must feel like #e knowing that it was related to where she was parked. Not laying blame just saying if they were following the rules they would be home watching NetFlix.

If some is parked in a handicapped with no tag I could care less...karma will get them...

No guns over a parking space but it became more than a parking space when the physical started. Again not defending anyone but something got to give eventually...
edit on Julam31amf0000002018-07-24T01:27:58-05:000158 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I have been 100% sarcastic through this whole thread, but I'm not trying to actually be a jerk. It's not worth explaining. My humor didn't land and I'm fine with that. Sorry for wandering off topic. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

Heres how I avoid confrontation. I live in a very dangerous area.

I dont get in peoples faces about parking places.

I dont park in handicapped parking places.

I don't randomly attack strangers

I keep my headphones in and my eyes open and when people I dont know try to call me over.. I ignore them and continue along my path

Take those headphones out and you will be a lot safer!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Butt scoot grab the legs take his back rear naked

Without even a second thought

nevermind

i will just say i call bull# on a lot of your yammering
edit on 24-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23611829]TinySickTears[/post
Awe.. Poor guy.

But what do you know.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And if the person hadn't parked in handicap without the sticker/tag for it, they wouldn't have been harassed.

We can go around and around on that all day. You can say the guy only felt like he should enforce the law because he had a gun all you want, but you don't actually know that. I've seen irrational people do stupid things just because they felt justified to do it. In other words, I've seen people yell at others for rule breaking because they felt they were in the right and not because they had any kind of expectation of being able to back it up.

Yeah, sometimes you should step in when you see people doing the wrong thing, but stepping in to harass people over being dicks and parking handicap when they're not isn't that time.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The law says a person only needs to Reasonably believe they are in danger to inact SYG.

The deceased didn't walk away he was still facing him and was going after him up until the last second.

Sad that he is dead would have been better if he was paralyzed then they could use all the disabled spots he wanted.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

a reply to: [post=23611829]TinySickTears[/post
Awe.. Poor guy.

But what do you know.

Quite a lot

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How about put the guns down and settle it other ways peacefully......works every time.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

How about put the guns down and settle it other ways peacefully......works every time.

it works every time!!!

Chitcago

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
He was in much better physical shape/stronger and really pushed that guy down on the ground hard. I don't know what was said, but that's pretty threatening. Was the guy on the ground disabled?

Not saying the guy on the ground should have shot him, and with the guy stepping back he shouldn't have, but I can definitely see self defense here.

But just simple "self defense" is not the metric by which the SYG law is measured. The shooter must have felt that he was in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm.

I know that's subjective to the shooter, but that video is not very convincing to a reasonable person that he should have shot the guy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join