It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets on the Florida shooting incident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Your comment about escape is probably why the guy shot - he was on the ground, 1 step and either could be on him while he's down; the woman had stepped out of the car. He was looking at 2 people (with a 3rd guy who came out right after the other guy) who seem intent of kicking his ass. I would be very scared in his situation after that hit to the ground. Much depends on who said what at that point; until we know if anyone threatened the other verbally "Im going to kill you" it's impossible to judge this if you look at both sides. '

Why did the woman step out of the car? You don't do that if you're scared. Add to that the chaos of probably a car full of screaming kids. Tragedy due to anger and a lack of self control on both paties went down in less than 3 seconds. If people took this as a lesson about escalating situations some good may come from it.

If the media goes Trayvon with this it wouldn't surprise me. The scenario is a copy of what happened with Zimmerman.

And my first searched link has picture of trayvon martin in the article. Imagine that.
www.cnn.com...
edit on 23-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The guy was an agile to run his mouth. That kind of white knight stuff pisses me off as much as when I see people littering.

That being said once you attack someone... Well... All bets are off

If I'm teaching someone self defense I usually teach people to act first and fast. Especially when you are in a situation where you don't know whats about to happen.

These situations happen REALLY fast

As easy as it was for that guy to just go full on attack mode in assuming this has happened before and he's quick to get into a confrontation.

Thats not a good enough reason to be killed however but when you lead that lifestyle your days are numbered

I woulda wrapped that guy into a pretzel if I got put on my ass like that

Butt scoot grab the legs take his back rear naked

Without even a second thought

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I wonder what was being said. Its clear from the video the situation was about to get more aggressive I can tell then he pulled the gun out

This couple has obviously been involved in this kind of aggressive controntation before

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Your comment about escape is probably why the guy shot - he was on the ground, 1 step and either could be on him while he's down; the woman had stepped out of the car. He was looking at 2 people (with a 3rd guy who came out right after the other guy) who seem intent of kicking his ass. I would be very scared in his situation after that hit to the ground. Much depends on who said what at that point; until we know if anyone threatened the other verbally "Im going to kill you" it's impossible to judge this if you look at both sides. '

Why did the woman step out of the car? You don't do that if you're scared. Add to that the chaos of probably a car full of screaming kids. Tragedy due to anger and a lack of self control on both paties went down in less than 3 seconds. If people took this as a lesson about escalating situations some good may come from it.

If the media goes Trayvon with this it wouldn't surprise me. The scenario is a copy of what happened with Zimmerman.

You have some valid points here but I wouldn't say it's a copy of Zimmerman. The attack on Zimmerman was more prolonged and violent than this was.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This is nothing like other cases... the shooter had no business in harassing the victim's wife. The victim just came out and did what anyone would do if a stranger is shouting at his partner and children.

The guy went out of his way to instigate the other party. This happened because of 1 person

I wish she was carrying and shot the guy as soon as he started harassing her at her parked vehicle with children.
edit on 23-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You're making a lot of assumptions about the victim... typical..

Why did the shooter go harrass the lady in her car...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You aren't a victim when you physically attack someone stop spreading that disinfo

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

1. Don't park in handicapped spaces when you're not entitled to.

2. Don't physically attack strangers.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Heres how I avoid confrontation. I live in a very dangerous area.

I dont get in peoples faces about parking places.

I dont park in handicapped parking places.

I don't randomly attack strangers

I keep my headphones in and my eyes open and when people I dont know try to call me over.. I ignore them and continue along my path

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If you're the kind of person that parks in handicapped spaces you're a pos.

If you attack people that you assume are easy targets you're a pos.

If you pretend to be a tough guy when someone appears weaker than you but, abandon your girl and your kids once real danger appears you're a pos.

It's a shame this pos on the hunt for easy prey died. It would have been so much better if he caught one in the spine.

Then he really would have to use that handicapped spot for the rest of his life.

One less pos in the world. Florida is a safer place now.

Too bad he didn't put one in that second pos that was coming up from behind to join in the beating of a man already on the ground.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yes!

That is correct.

Your next assignment is to compose a one-sentence essay on the definition of sarcasm.

I guess I am not quick enough to understand what you're going for with that response. Was my post too wordy for you? What?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: KansasGirl

To me it seems like a couple of assholes being what they will be and one of them wound up dead. If we all minded our own business, less of this crap would happen.

Right on and well said.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

www.vox.com...

Based on surveillance video and reports of the encounter, McGlockton and his 5-year-old son were in the Circle A Food Store in Clearwater, Florida, on Thursday when Drejka approached their car, which was parked in a handicap space. McGlockton’s partner, Britany Jacobs, was in the car with the couple’s other kids. Drejka and Jacobs began arguing over whether McGlockton and Jacobs were allowed to park there.

McGlockton then came out of the convenience store and pushed Drejka to the ground. As McGlockton began to back away, Drejka pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton in the chest. McGlockton then ran into the convenience store. He was taken to the hospital, but he was pronounced dead.

If this is what actually happened, then there's no reason for this to become an issue of race, the shooter should face charges. He should have STFU about worrying over whether the man's car was parked illegally or not, minded his own damn business, and don't face front someone else's woman. I'd have choked slammed the guy, too, had I come out of a store and caught him arguing with my wife... difference is I carry, so he'd have been the one SOL drawing on me over it.

I find it interesting the shooter has a history of threatening people using handicapped parking spaces. Guy seems to be a white knight and the sheriff is wrong not to charge him with aggravated murder.

Does the dead guy have any history of attacking folks?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

History of fighting with handicapped poachers.

I read he threatened to shoot a trucker fot the same reason earlier.

Glad I finally got out of Florida. I had all kinds of run-ins with psychos.

Good place to carry.

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wonder how differently this story would be portrayed in the media and the public discussion if the shooter were a police officer.

I think I can safely say that the officer would not be named in the media, but they would quickly have the complete criminal record of the man who was shot. I would also venture to guess that very few in the media would fault the officer for pulling his gun and firing.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
from the video i posted from when he got shoved to when he shot the guy was about (2:49-2:54) about five seconds not the longest ammount of time to show that he was in fact "retreating" you can sort of see the man shot semi posture up until dude draws and fires about 2 seconds later . dude had about a foot of height and 20 years younger then the man who shot him
www.bradenton.com... watch it on full screen as sad as it is im sure the guy who shoved him had roughly two seconds to be like "oh crap" then bang . the best witness to this is not the camera its the white guy driving the buick as he watched it before the ladys bf came out tell the end when he noped out and backed off . if the police can find that man they can perhaps get more context for the issue as he presumably heard what was being said to guys gf.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

1. Don't park in handicapped spaces when you're not entitled to.

2. Don't physically attack strangers.

1. No one should be killed over it
2. Dont harrass and threaten people parked in handicapped spaces and you won't get shoved
edit on 23-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

under florida law if your in some kind of situation like this they post your name and address.....lol
which i dont think is the best option

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

You aren't a victim when you physically attack someone stop spreading that disinfo

The guy went after the victims wife... because he felt he could and the guy came out and shoved the man harassing his wife and kids

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Damned right he should face charges.

Holy crap, there was no reason to shoot the guy...none.

The shooter had no business getting in that ladies face like that, a simple push is reason to shoot someone, especially when that someone is moving away?

I carry, too. Dude thinks he's a white knight, or some such thing. What he is, after that little episode, is a murderer.

The shooter got in the woman’s face, but didn’t physically touch her. As soon as the victim pushed the shooter to the ground, it was assault. He had every right to shoot the victim if he felt his life was in danger. I fully am onboard with this. Too bad the guy lost his life though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join