It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets on the Florida shooting incident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
One man shoved another man down. The man on the ground pulled a gun. The guy that shoved took two steps back. Then the video jumps to the guy running away shot.

The ATS betting window is open

I know the guy who initiated the violence was a black man.
I am betting that the guy with the gun is a white man

I did see a picture of the guy who got shot. Also, none of the media is saying he attacked the other man. Does anyone else find that interesting? Most accounts does say shove or push, those adjectives does not imply the proper violence that the now dead guy utilized.

Is it because the man who started the violence was black or because he got shot(and guns are evil).

That brings me up to the 2nd bet. The race of the 2nd guy. If you want to stereotype by the name, he sounds like he will be a white Eastern Europeaner . Is the media bringing this up because a white guy shot a black man or because you know, guns are bad?

Is the MSM trying to make this a racial issue to divide people or are they just straight hating on guns? Do you think if the both people were white or black, that this would be a story? If a white guy assaulted a black man and the black man shot the white man, would that be a story?

PS
While the guy who got shot took two steps back, he was still engaging the guy on the ground. I would love to hear the audio(doubt if there is any). The guy who got shot, look at his hands before the video cuts. He makes a gesture, it wasn't "don't shoot me", it was more like, "what are you gonna do now, *ATS Edit*" Keep an eye/ear out for what was said.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"I know the guy who initiated the violence was a black man.
I am betting that the guy with the gun is a white man"

stopped reading their.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What, no betting pool on the number of days the trial runs on for? There should be a football squares sort of thing with days long on one side and media circus metrics on the other side.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
When we start making "bets" about someone being killed you know something is seriously wrong with our society. SMH.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He was in much better physical shape/stronger and really pushed that guy down on the ground hard. I don't know what was said, but that's pretty threatening. Was the guy on the ground disabled?

Not saying the guy on the ground should have shot him, and with the guy stepping back he shouldn't have, but I can definitely see self defense here.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
"I know the guy who initiated the violence was a black man.
I am betting that the guy with the gun is a white man"

stopped reading their.

Why?

If it was a black man and a black man it would have never made the news.

Otherwise we would have a whole news channel in Chicago. They would be busy.

I guess you are missing the point that shootings only get in the news if it fits the left's narrative.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

www.vox.com...

Based on surveillance video and reports of the encounter, McGlockton and his 5-year-old son were in the Circle A Food Store in Clearwater, Florida, on Thursday when Drejka approached their car, which was parked in a handicap space. McGlockton’s partner, Britany Jacobs, was in the car with the couple’s other kids. Drejka and Jacobs began arguing over whether McGlockton and Jacobs were allowed to park there.

McGlockton then came out of the convenience store and pushed Drejka to the ground. As McGlockton began to back away, Drejka pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton in the chest. McGlockton then ran into the convenience store. He was taken to the hospital, but he was pronounced dead.

If this is what actually happened, then there's no reason for this to become an issue of race, the shooter should face charges. He should have STFU about worrying over whether the man's car was parked illegally or not, minded his own damn business, and don't face front someone else's woman. I'd have choked slammed the guy, too, had I come out of a store and caught him arguing with my wife... difference is I carry, so he'd have been the one SOL drawing on me over it.

I find it interesting the shooter has a history of threatening people using handicapped parking spaces. Guy seems to be a white knight and the sheriff is wrong not to charge him with aggravated murder.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I lived in the Tampa area for quite some time, Clearwater and St Pete have some very evident racial tensions under the surface, so I wasn't particularly surprised at this. "This" being a white guy shooting a black guy. I assumed as much before reading beyond headlines, and was not thinking the black guy was some random thug, either.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Warning: Don’t assault random people, especially in FLA where a Stand Your Ground law exists. They may have a CCW and packing, and you could get shot. This has been a PSA.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Actually, according to other articles, Drejka has a history of confrontations and racial outbursts. It very well could have been a racial targeting if his history of confrontations is anything to go by.

link   

It will be both, white man evil, guns also evil.

From what you’ve said I personally don’t think deadly force was necessary, the man took two steps back after the gun was pulled but decisions made in real time are rarely perfect. Also it’s not clear what words were exchanged at what time so maybe the situation will become more clear as more info comes out.

One thing that’s clear is that the media will play the race card when it agrees with their narrative so these men will be boiled down to skin color, so much for people being individuals.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Warning: Don’t assault random people, especially in FLA where a Stand Your Ground law exists. They may have a CCW and packing, and you could get shot. This has been a PSA.

It's sort of perceived as a bane down there to some. My husband let his First Responder certification lapse in FL because he wasn't willing to risk getting shot trying to help someone as a FR passerby. The SYG law makes everyone suspicious of each other because you're given a wider berth for excuses to shoot.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
What, no betting pool on the number of days the trial runs on for? There should be a football squares sort of thing with days long on one side and media circus metrics on the other side.

There’ll be no trial, but plenty of riots and property damage.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When I teach Self Defense. I teach two main concepts first. A. You don't put your hands on someone unless it's actual self defense. This guy broke that rule. That's only a problem because Rule A leads to Rule B. B. You never know what weapons someone is carrying or their mental state. Always assume they have a weapon and/or a friend close by and are scared enough to use the weapons they have on them.
edit on 23-7-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Actually, according to other articles, Drejka has a history of confrontations and racial outbursts. It very well could have been a racial targeting if his history of confrontations is anything to go by.

The articles I've seen indicated he's got a history of confronting white people over handicapped space usage, as well, including threatening to shoot a couple of them. The convenience store manager says he'd called the cops on him for doing exactly that to a white couple just a month earlier.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
With that level of blind conjecture, how can justice lose? You should be on the jury down in Bumb Fuch Flo-Rida...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

SYG is not a license to shoot anyone who assaults you. This is a common misconception the media perpetuates, especially after the Trayvon Martin incident. You have to be in reasonable fear for your life, whether you're in a SYG state or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sorry.

I have better things to blow my $$ on.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

SYG is not a license to shoot anyone who assaults you. This is a common misconception the media perpetuates, especially after the Trayvon Martin incident. You have to be in reasonable fear for your life, whether you're in a SYG state or not.

That's just it. He may have been in fear of his life. I'm not saying he should have shot him. The backed up. He shouldn't have, but you should never put your hands on someone because you never know who is carrying and if they're going to pull the trigger.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join