It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What are you talking about? They're not going to charge him

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He certainly should be.

SYG doesn't mean you'll never be charged or stand in a court room.
edit on 25 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Perhaps not.

But he should be. The DA should certainly be looking at this.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If a black man approached a car with a white women and the same situtation happened , he would be charged with murder. no stand your ground defense. this is america

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My ex is a quadriplegic, nothing pissed us off more than a douchbag parking in the spot, they usually got a wheelchair carved in their hood.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

Arguing and yelling are not illegal.

Physical Assault is illegal.

That was the 1st action that created the chain of events where legality is concerned.

Does not matter whether we agree with the shooting death.

The law is blind to our emotions and opinions.

??????

That makes no sense.

Shoplifting is Illegal.

Can a store owner shoot a kid for shoplifting?

"That was the 1st action that created the chain of events where legality is concerned."

Being pushed does not make legal murder.

Again, if the assailant intended to do "mortal" harm, you would think he would have punched and kicked the man vs. an open handed shove of the man shouting at his wife/girlfriend.

A crazy man, known to start trouble in the parking lot in the past, in your wife or girlfriends face shouting?

The deceased could have claimed he was defending his wife/girlfriend from assault. If he was still alive.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Perhaps not.

But he should be. The DA should certainly be looking at this.

Agreed. Like I pointed out before, take this out of a parking lot and place it at a Trump rally.

An antifa shouting crazy things right in your girlfriends face? You shove him away, he falls down, pulls a gun and empties the chamber killing you.

Legal?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Find it interesting where liberals draw the line. If someone is abusing a handicap space and potentially violating the rights of the handicapped then confronting them should be your civic duty, but if a black man attacks you in the process of standing up for the rights of the disabled you are then a white racist homophobic zealot who deserves the beating and anything you do to preserve your life in that moment is null and void.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

I think you're getting a little carried away with that narrative ..several posters on this very page are hardly what I would call liberals(hate these dumbassed labels)
edit on 25-7-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If that was a cop doing the shooting, how people's tunes would change. There is no reason to shoot someone who is obviously aware you have a gun, and is moving away. The gun is a deterrent - just because you pull it out doesn't mean you now have to shoot someone with it.

The bravado and testosterone in these threads is typically overwhelming. "If you touch me you are going to die!" Pathetic. I have a feeling those of that mindset, are the type of people that carry out road rage attacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Are you a brit? Are you really taking to task over our laws and legal system? We beat your asses at the height of your empire, do not give is any # when londonistan wants to ban plastic baby pools because burglars could drown in tjem......

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

We beat your asses at the height of your empire

Well with the help of The French, Dutch and Spanish you did.

If it wasn't for our former " Empire " there would be no such country as The U.S. So please say thank you.

As for paddling pools, i would love to see you provide a link to that fake news.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden
Find it interesting where liberals draw the line. If someone is abusing a handicap space and potentially violating the rights of the handicapped then confronting them should be your civic duty, but if a black man attacks you in the process of standing up for the rights of the disabled you are then a white racist homophobic zealot who deserves the beating and anything you do to preserve your life in that moment is null and void.

I think the word "liberal" occupies a segment of your brain suffering from repeated identity politics propaganda.

Parking in handicap spots whilst not handicapped? Bad.

Confronting people that should not be parking in handicap spots? You do you I guess?

Shouting erratically in some woman's face over the issue? Kind of threatening. People are nuts.

Shoving a man away from your wife or girlfriend when he is in her face going ballistic? Meh?...I would have started with "back the eff up before you get hurt"...but still get the instinct.

Pulling out a gun and unloading a clip because someone pushed you and you fell down after you went nutzo on some woman in a parking lot? Murder.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thank you.

We still kicked you asses.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Czulkang

We beat your asses at the height of your empire

Well with the help of The French, Dutch and Spanish you did.

If it wasn't for our former " Empire " there would be no such country as The U.S. So please say thank you.

As for paddling pools, i would love to see you provide a link to that fake news.

sure, give me a few minutes to relocate the article

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That had me concerned some as well,the guy was backing away when
he was shot.I agree he should be charged with murder,once the guy
was backing away he was no longer a threat.If he was still coming at
him after he was knocked down,different story.
About this handicap parking,how can that be seen as standing your
ground?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

About this handicap parking,how can that be seen as standing your ground?

It is about the assault by knocking the man down, not the parking argument.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Being a Floridian, I have a couple thoughts on this. Stand your ground is pretty controversial. First problem in this story, the victim broke the law parked in handicap spot, then this old crazy guy that has a pretty crazy past towards minorities starts giving this guy’s girlfriend grief about parking in the handicap spot. So the victim, approached this guy and I guess one thing led to another pushed the guy down and from what I saw on the video was about to give him an ass whoppin. Then this guy pulled out his gun and shot him. Personally I think this would not be a story if it was not white vs black. But it is. Stand your ground is pretty cut and dry, if the guy felt like he was in fear of bodily harm he can shoot the guy. I think if it goes to trial its going to be hard to convince a jury that in the video, but with that being said it should be brought to trial and let a jury decide. I am not sure how I would have reacted either if some big guy shoved me to the ground and looked like he was about to beat on me. Yet was it excessive after he pulled out the gun the guy backed off.. shooting him then may be excessive.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you.

Your appreciation is welcomed and accepted.

If we can do anything else for you then please just ask.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: projectvxn

What are you talking about? They're not going to charge him

Looks like they are gonna charge him with manslaughter: WFLA

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join