It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

you can commit murder and get away with it over something as trivial as parking a car

Human life has no value to gun worshippers, only their ego.

and all democrats are stupid. Oh wait, generalizing an entire group is a really idiotic thing to do, I guess I should rethink that. Perhaps only some democrats are idiots, and some aren't.

Empirical statements, Not just for boneheads anymore.....well, perhaps not.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am gobsmacked that the use of a firearm is allowed in a simple assault case. I don't see that as "stand your ground." That's murder. But maybe that's what they want. Just a little culling of the heard.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The shot mans family instantly use race (as seen in the video) yet ignore the fact that they were already breaking laws before the shooting happened but decided to ignore that bit. The other guy ASKED the people to move who KNEW they used a handicapped spot but because they could not BE BOTHERED the argument erupted but the first assault was by the family already in the wrong.

I do not CONDONE the shooting, sadly its so easy for anyone to be shot now almost any where but going around and attacking a person because they point out you are both lazy and rude isn't a good move and the guy was clearly bigger than the other and I don't blame him for being worried as the usual tactic by any thug (as proved with the unprovoked attack) is to go and get more thugs to do the job for them.

The shooting bit I'm not so sure of, perhaps he thought after being attacked he was sure to get re attacked..?

But this washing themselves of any blame and playing race is just annoying..

If you steal parking spaces from needy people then expect to be asked to get out of the space, if your only response is to attack then all bets are off. If your response when asked is to say "I wasn't prepared to go at the time" then that is just IGNORANT...

To play the race card is just CHEAP...

This very surreal idea that is gathering momentum where some (notice the some) black people seem to think its racial to kill a black person but said same black people can kill each other or in some cases target as a race and then demand they don't get tried using some historical clause that has NOTHING to do with that person directly or invoke the race card...

Its absolute BS and being championed by the liberals as some arse kissing exercise to apologise to anyone who kills people especially if they target a countries population based upon them being from that country and / or religion / colour..

Deliberate Criminality should not pay...Deliberate Criminality should be excused...Whoever does it PAYS and does not get PAID..
edit on 24-7-2018 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is simply a case of two idiots intersecting. Unfortunately, one of the idiots is dead. However, the other idiot may wind up spending the rest of his life in jail.

There was no justification for shooting the victim. Whether the old guy got pushed down or not, he was no longer immediately threatened. Most likely stating "Back da f' up, get in your car and leave" would have ended the situation.

Quite frankly, had the victim not been such a "tough guy", most folks would have probably just got in their car and left to avoid a confrontation with a loud mouth geezer. Especially, if the issue is simply over parking in a handicap spot and in spite of the fact, the victim clearly shouldn't have been parking there.

My dad was a cop and used to say "An armed society is a police society..."

The point is that when you don't know who is packing, it makes you think twice about getting in confrontations with people. Just say, sorry, thank you, or whatever and move on. Getting loud and angry with people when everyone could be packing is a sure fire way to get your ass shot whether you are wrong or not.

This is why I don't confront road ragers or people driving like idiots. Why I don't confront people who can't seem to park between the lines or in handicap spots. Or people just doing stupid stuff. As long as their stupidity isn't affecting me directly or causing any serious safety issue, I let them be stupid.

My co-worker is a CCW holder and is always packing his pistol. He got into a car accident recently and basically drove off because the other car driver was acting like an idiot. He drove about 1 mile down away from the accident and called the cops to let them know where he was and that he was a CCW holder and didn't want to put himself in a volatile situation with the other driver who was being belligerent.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Some confusion arises due to the fact the shooter may have legitimately feared for his life. The attacker was clearly way younger, bigger and more aggressive. He may even have said, "I'll kill you". In this we meet the legal requirement for lethal self-defense.

However, the video tape provides an unflinching record. The attacker was indeed breaking off the attack, but was shot anyway.

So, which standard to we apply, the dizzy vision of an old man knocked on his ass, or the unblinking hindsight of a 20fps video camera? I think the police applied the appropriate standard, through the eyes of the shooter.

I strongly disagree with the shooter, and doubt the judgement call of the police, but I understand it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Looks like a murder

The threat was over, yet he still fired.
Probably a little adrenalized from being pushed to the ground so hard.
But the threat was over, and he had control, being a weaponized self appointed hall monitor.

TO me it looks like a murder.

No warning given either.

imo, the "warning shot" is an under appreciated device, but American LEO are trained not to use one. In other countries, this is not the case, and a warning shot is quite effective....trust me.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Parking Nazi dude is either crazy or looking for a fight.

It looks like he was "complicit" in the whole thing, and bears some responsibility, especially since he was the only one who knew there was a loaded gun in-play.

In effect, he baited a confrontation....because he had a gun.

Chilling.

The flip side of that is he likely DID have to right to express his feelings about the parking spot row, and need not be attacked for it.

edit on 24-7-2018 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The best solution to this tragic incident, would have been for the chap who was shot; to have waited until the occupants had left the car and then let the tyres down.

That may have given the driver second thoughts not to park in a disabled parking bay in future, Nothing like having to exert energy and sweat pumping your tyres back up.

Instead we have a pointless loss of life and a possible murder charge.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: WarPig1939

if you punch me I'm going to beat your ass, plain and simple. I don't carry but I'm also FULLY capable of defending myself in a physical confrontation so I have no idea what it's like to be the weaker person

the average person who doesn't have 15 of competitive combat sport experience under their belt, well I have no idea what's going through their head

am24.akamaized.net...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Perhaps only some democrats are idiots, and some aren't.

Thank you.

I agree, generalized declarative statements like that one, do no one any good...what so ever.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I think it was unjustified, as the guy backed away when he pulled the pistol. That said he was assaulted as the guy blind-sided him with basically a football hit. Given the man's previous history of hassling people in the parking lot I think he should be charged with homicide. He was looking for trouble and eventually found it.

I do find the coverage bothers me in how they often represent the victim as completely blameless; he was defending his "family" - one of his kids was in the car but the woman was not his wife. Other details are impossible to find, there were other children but it's unknown if they were his or not.

Look like the stand your ground rule is why he isn't being charged. If he did it once he'll likely do it again and this may encourage others to go further than they might otherwise in a tight situation.

I disagree the guy that attacked the shooter did not back away and was in a aggressive stance making him a threat at very close range.
The only thing different i would have done was told the aggressor that he was under arrest and to get face down on the ground.
If he did not and came at me then i would have fired.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm betting the shooter will end up shot in a drive by.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It appears all the people who were saying this guy will be charged are wrong.

SYG appears to be a valid defense according to the authorities down there in Florida.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Really? You guys are trippin.

If someone knocked me to the ground and I drew a gun on them and they backed away....problem solved.

If he comes at me again im shooting. That's self defense.

What this guy did was retaliation. He was not in threat anymore since the guy backed away.

The guy who shot should be charged with murder. plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard the name McGlockmore before?

Sounds very recent to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: roadgravel
More then just illegally parking.

The bigger part is that the shot man assaulted the man who shot him.

Is being pushed to the ground justification for committing murder ?

Get ready for gunfire on soccer fields across the nation.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Seems rather unlikely.

Most little league parents, and yes, that's most definitely a thing, I've encountered aren't smart enough to load a gun, much less use it to commit murder.

Having coached soccer at a couple of different levels for about 15 years, I've found the louder that sort of parent is, the less intelligent they are.
edit on 7/25/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was talking about the trend of trying to draw fouls when one player pulls, pushes or otherwise brushes into another player and one player then flops to the ground in a dramatic fashion looking at the ref.

Being shoved (even if you flop to the ground) is not cause for killing someone.

Stand your ground would seem to mean there is not an obligation to retreat, but it is not a license to open fire either.

It would seem if the deceased was mortal threat to the shooter, he would have walked up and cold-cocked him, not shoved him away from his wife/girlfriend/whatever.

If there was a MAGA rally in Florida and some Trump supporter shoved an Antifa away from some girl he was shouting at, could the antifa draw a gun and empty a chamber into the Trump supporter and simply go home for dinner?

I'd say the law needs some tweaking.

edit on 25-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It appears all the people who were saying this guy will be charged are wrong.

SYG appears to be a valid defense according to the authorities down there in Florida.

SYG is a valid defense, but you have to be able to defend it in court.

I'm guessing, if he's charged (and he should be) he will lose an SYG case.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
After he shoves him to the ground, he takes 2 steps towards him while pulling up his pants, he did not back away until the gun was pulled.

Sorry, but the advancing steps seal the deal for self defense.

Doesn't matter what we think after the fact.

Arguing and yelling are not illegal.

Physical Assault is illegal.

That was the 1st action that created the chain of events where legality is concerned.

Does not matter whether we agree with the shooting death.

The law is blind to our emotions and opinions.

We will see how it turns out, however, I expect some kind of outrage, rather than any understanding or backing the interpretation of the law, and anyone saying the law is antiquated and stupid, you know the process to change it....vote.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join