It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me this?

If a cop in Florida did what that guy did would someone be justified in shooting the cop?

Or if a cop slaps you, can you shoot him in Florida and claim stand your ground?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Not to prokoke anything bad, but what would you do if you were the older guy, and you had a gun? Would you pull it out and threaten with it? Would you leave it in the holster and take the ass whipping? Would you have shot the guy?

I don't know. I sure don't want to kill someone over something stupid, but I'm not a fan of being beaten to a pulp.

If he didn't want to get beaten to a pulp, he should have parked somewhere else and not harrassed the woman. He's not handicap, why is he relegating who parks where? That's Leo's jobs ,no?

The woman should have been carrying and stood her ground...

Sh!t society
Stand your ground isn't go look for trouble then stand your ground

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Even the gangs back in the day use to at least fight without guns.
This is today’s pussy coward world where they shot and kill in a run of the mill fight.
This is equivalent to shooting a guy in the back. We used to duke it out not shoot each other.
It’s the age of the coward with a guy who can’t fight

And stand your ground is a cowards law

You were doing so well until you called SYG a coward's law. You obviously don't know what Stand Your Ground is.

All Stand Your Ground does is removes your duty to retreat before you use deadly force to defend yourself. It has absolutely no bearing on whether you're justified in using deadly force or not. These pussies, as you call them, who shoot over a run of the mill fight, are not protected by Stand Your Ground. If their life was not in danger, it's not a legal self defense shooting.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If a cop in Florida did what that guy did would someone be justified in shooting the cop?

Or if a cop slaps you, can you shoot him in Florida and claim stand your ground?

No. Nor can you do this if a civilian slaps you. Stand Your Ground does not give you the freedom to shoot anyone who assaults you. I don't know how many times this has to be explained.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No. Nor can you do this if a civilian slaps you. Stand Your Ground does not give you the freedom to shoot anyone who assaults you. I don't know how many times this has to be explained.

Then how is this guy getting away with the stand your ground defense?

If I’m not mistaken some cop on the video said he isn’t arrested because of SYG

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Even the gangs back in the day use to at least fight without guns.
This is today’s pussy coward world where they shot and kill in a run of the mill fight.
This is equivalent to shooting a guy in the back. We used to duke it out not shoot each other.
It’s the age of the coward with a guy who can’t fight

And stand your ground is a cowards law

You were doing so well until you called SYG a coward's law. You obviously don't know what Stand Your Ground is.

All Stand Your Ground does is removes your duty to retreat before you use deadly force to defend yourself. It has absolutely no bearing on whether you're justified in using deadly force or not. These pussies, as you call them, who shoot over a run of the mill fight, are not protected by Stand Your Ground. If their life was not in danger, it's not a legal self defense shooting.

So is this a legit SYG defense?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Then how is this guy getting away with the stand your ground defense?

If I’m not mistaken some cop on the video said he isn’t arrested because of SYG

Cops don't always know the law. It will be up to the prosecutor to charge him or not. Stand Your Ground is not a defense in this case.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I hope your right bro. I don't claim to be an expert or a lawyer.

Ill yield to your certainty.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I recall a guy was tailgating me once on a highway and at a turn, he hit my car.

I got out of the car and immediately cold-cocked the guy, NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Of course in the state I was in, NJ they don’t have barbaric laws so I wasn’t worried about getting shot.

So somebody on the highway ratted me out and went and called the cops. I guess that right hook was seen by somebody or was it a left hook, I don’t remember.

Now believe me in Florida I would have exercised more sense and he wouldn’t have even gotten up to even be able to shoot me, believe me.

I'd have done like on TV. Knocked the guy cold. Roust him and look for a gun and if I found one like James Bond Id have taken the bullets out and thrown them on the highway.

Anyway, the cops come and they're pretty good guys. The guy was probably an illegal alien; he spoke foreign or something weird. So the cops said, look the guy doesn’t want to press charges, so just go on your way.

Now those were some good cops

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You think it's barbaric to have laws that allow you to defend yourself but it's okay to assault someone over a fender bender?

This whole story explains a lot with you. Real life isn't like TV.
edit on 23 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I mean I didn't shoot the guy!
Yeah, your right. I'm trying to be a little comical here if you know what I mean. CHill out

I didn't express any moral sense of righteousness, did I?

OF COURSE, IT'S NOT RIGHT TO COLD COCK A GUY.
unless...

The guy was shifty-eyed. He was into something weird.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
He was not shot over a parking space. The parking space may have been what they were arguing about, but the man was shot because he ATTACKED what appeared to be some frail old man. And you can see that the perp was rushing in to get more, once the guy was on the ground, until the pistol came out. He was going to attack this man while on the ground, probably the usual head stomping game. Glad this guy had a pistol.

edit on 23-7-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

He didn't need to shoot the guy though, he shot him in cold blood because he had his ego bruised, anyone who considers this guy getting shot as justified should not be allowed to own or carry a weapon and considered dangerous.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

He didn't need to shoot the guy though, he shot him in cold blood because he had his ego bruised, anyone who considers this guy getting shot as justified should not be allowed to own or carry a weapon and considered dangerous.

Something said so well with so few words is rare.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

from the video i posted from when he got shoved to when he shot the guy was about (2:49-2:54) about five seconds not the longest ammount of time to show that he was in fact "retreating" you can sort of see the man shot semi posture up until dude draws and fires about 2 seconds later . dude had about a foot of height and 20 years younger then the man who shot him

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don’t want to change the subject but I think this is an important related issue.

Are we forgetting something here?

As soon as I saw this on ATS I immediately went to the MSM blogs expecting a big furor, a racial one of course.

But nothing.

So why is the MSM not playing this up?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: alldaylong

It's called stand your ground law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read the law before commenting on the story and assuming you know the entirety of what happened. I honestly don't know what to think....

One mans life was worth ending because of a dispute over a parking space. The law can be a law but that doesn't mean the law in practice in retarded for the scenario. Anybody who says "he shouldnt be charged because of the stand your ground law" has some pretty bad mental issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

because he got in a disagreement with a white dude a few weeks/months back that thankfully didnt end in violence

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

he can cite fear for his life or serious bodily harm i think he will go with the latter due to his age unless witness testimony proves he started it by saying threatening comments to the guys gf then he was commiting a crime and cant use syg

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Don't think stand your ground should apply because the dude didn't seem to be a traffic / parking enforcement officer and it's not any of his business to harass people parking. I've seen lots of busy bodies worrying about what other people are doing, At most he should have notified police but they are not usually going to roll over a parking spot. Mind your own business and get on with life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join