It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Completely unnecessary.

There's enough stupidity both sides should get a generous helping of.

Mostly on the side who couldn't just find a different parking space instead of confronting others...

I get out of a store I see some random guy next to the car with my witlfe and kids looking like he's about to assault them, I should be the one standing my ground.

The shooter came to them, he instigated it, the victim rushed to his family's car where he saw the instigator and agitator, and he came to his family's defense whom were sitting inside a vehicle while the instigator approached them under his own volition.

Only an idiot would see how stand your ground applies here. He has no defense here, stand you ground is relevant here only by proxy, that's all.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Are you implying that you don't think that individuals should be able to defend themselves by whatever means necessary if someone else illegally assaults them

Here in The U.K. we have something called " Reasonable Force"

Shooting someone dead because they pushed you over is way and above " Reasonable Force "

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

you guys also banned knives

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So 4 pages and nobody asks/posts some info/faqs/history on Florida's 'Stand your Ground' law ?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No, I'm not, nor are the vast number of CCDW folks in America.

That was my point--these types of people who start sh*t and then when they get attacked are quick to pull out a gun and shoot someone are very few and far between in the CCDW-permit world.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
so, for all you black people in florida, if some white guy pushes you to the ground and threatens you, shoot the white guy, after all, the law says you can stand your ground....I wonder how that would go over in a court of law?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I agree, and that's why I think that the prosecutor may still charge the shooter. I don't see any clear evidence that a reasonable person should have feared for their life or been legitimately concerned about great bodily harm at that point.

But just like 'fearing for one's life' is a subjective thing, so is 'reasonable force.'

But to be honest, Britain errs too much on the side of not being able to properly defend yourself, IMO, under threat of prosecution.

edit on 23-7-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
So 4 pages and nobody asks/posts some info/faqs/history on Florida's 'Stand your Ground' law ?

May as well rewrite it, maybe to something like " park in my spot MF and I'll pop a cap in your ass " or similar.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

No we didn't ban knives.

Who told you that ?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Why should we? If you do more than look at the severely lacking link in the OP and actually search the incident online, most stories cite the SYG specifics.

Plus, people can just search for it--it's not hard. Hell, you could have searched it and posted a quote and link instead of berating others for not doing it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not to prokoke anything bad, but what would you do if you were the older guy, and you had a gun? Would you pull it out and threaten with it? Would you leave it in the holster and take the ass whipping? Would you have shot the guy?

I don't know. I sure don't want to kill someone over something stupid, but I'm not a fan of being beaten to a pulp.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Here in The U.K. we have something called " Reasonable Force"

The US is not part of the UK anymore
Not for 200+ years
I did not hear the sound , but if the guy stated anything like " I am going to kill you" then it is "Reasonable Force"

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Completely unnecessary.

There's enough stupidity both sides should get a generous helping of.

Only an idiot would see how stand your ground applies here. He has no defense here, stand you ground is relevant here only by proxy, that's all.

I wouldn't necessarily call them idiots. Just misinformed, and the media is mostly responsible for that. This is not a case that demonstrates anything wrong with Stand Your Ground laws. In Stand Your Ground states, you still have to have reasonable fear for your life to shoot someone in self defense. If the local prosecutor feels the shooter legitimately feared for his life here, that's not SYG's fault.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: toysforadults

No we didn't ban knives.

Who told you that ?

Alex Jones probably...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/0776.html florida statute

that i think could be one of the factors missing , if the shooting victim said something along the lines of stay down or im gonna kill you etc (again all hyperbole as we have no audio) it could end up being the deciding factor,it seems other then the victims family only one person outside saw the incident from the push to the shooting and he seemed to nope out quickly

another factor is we have no idea currently the health of the shooter in question ,did he have a bad hip or other previous injury that may help explain his reason to shoot or not shoot . even with out outstanding health issues there is the age difference the African American gentleman was 28 the white guy was 48 and some times that can be a factor like this unrelated case that resulted in a fatality from a single punch www.cnn.com...

The 17-year-old player, police said, turned around and punched Portillo in the face. At first, authorities thought Portillo suffered only minor injuries. But at the hospital, doctors discovered serious internal head injuries. For seven days he remained in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.
so some times a single punch is all it takes to put some ones lights out permanently,in the video you can see when he was shoved he landed on his side on concrete/asphalt

www.bradenton.com... this link has the entire confrontation almost 4 minutes worth ,after the shooting the shooter stays on the ground for about 20-30 seconds then gestures at the parked car of the victim of the shooting (not really sure but hes not gesturing with the fire arm at least) and slowly makes his way to his feet and approaches his car with to my untrained eye appears to be a slight limp

www.pcsoweb.com... police report on the matter with time line

and hes getting death threats(the white guy) on facebook that have been reported to clear water police with a 1000 dollar bounty apparently being offered so seems to be escalating as far as the community goes down in florida www.bradenton.com... but this is facebook so who knows

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: Gothmog
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/0776.html florida statute

that i think could be one of the factors missing , if the shooting victim said something along the lines of stay down or im gonna kill you etc (again all hyperbole as we have no audio) it could end up being the deciding factor,it seems other then the victims family only one person outside saw the incident from the push to the shooting and he seemed to nope out quickly

another factor is we have no idea currently the health of the shooter in question ,did he have a bad hip or other previous injury that may help explain his reason to shoot or not shoot . even with out outstanding health issues there is the age difference the African American gentleman was 28 the white guy was 48 and some times that can be a factor like this unrelated case that resulted in a fatality from a single punch www.cnn.com...

The 17-year-old player, police said, turned around and punched Portillo in the face. At first, authorities thought Portillo suffered only minor injuries. But at the hospital, doctors discovered serious internal head injuries. For seven days he remained in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.
so some times a single punch is all it takes to put some ones lights out permanently,in the video you can see when he was shoved he landed on his side on concrete/asphalt

www.bradenton.com... this link has the entire confrontation almost 4 minutes worth ,after the shooting the shooter stays on the ground for about 20-30 seconds then gestures at the parked car of the victim of the shooting (not really sure but hes not gesturing with the fire arm at least) and slowly makes his way to his feet and approaches his car with to my untrained eye appears to be a slight limp

www.pcsoweb.com... police report on the matter with time line

and hes getting death threats(the white guy) on facebook that have been reported to clear water police with a 1000 dollar bounty apparently being offered so seems to be escalating as far as the community goes down in florida www.bradenton.com... but this is facebook so who knows

Certainly the health of the individual can be a factor. I've explained this to folks on here before. I have asthma. Just tackling me to the ground and starting a tussle can put my life at risk. I could easily get a doctor to explain that in court. So a relatively minor-seeming altercation could in fact give me reasonable fear for my life and justify me shooting someone in self defense.

This is, again, why you should exercise some adult-level self control and not assault random people, no matter how much of an asshole they are. You may feel justified, but you're legally not, and you could potentially be putting your own life at risk because you don't know all the factors of the situation.

That said, once the assailant starts to back away, that completely changes the situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

you can commit murder and get away with it over something as trivial as parking a car

Human life has no value to gun worshippers, only their ego.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

you can commit murder and get away with it over something as trivial as parking a car

Human life has no value to gun worshippers, only their ego.

You've been brainwashed. It's ironic too, because people like you actually make it harder to have a dialogue on gun issues and reach some kind of agreement to help save lives. Most people, no matter which side of the issue they're on, are turned off by your extremist rhetoric. Keep it up.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Even the gangs back in the day use to at least fight without guns.
This is today’s pussy coward world where they shot and kill in a run of the mill fight.
This is equivalent to shooting a guy in the back. We used to duke it out not shoot each other.
It’s the age of the coward with a guy who can’t fight

And stand your ground is a cowards law
edit on 23-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Stand your ground may not apply, and doesn't to my eyes. The man was walking away, and certainly hadn't made any overtly threatening moves towards the man.

As soon as the gun appeared, the man began to move away. Then he was shot. Stand your ground shouldn't apply here, that was, again, mho, a murder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join