It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Completely unnecessary.

There's enough stupidity both sides should get a generous helping of.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The video wasn't loading for me.

I edited my post after it did.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Remember in the Trayvon Martin case, Zimmerman walked mainly because he shot Trayvon while he was beating Zimmerman's azz. Basically, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman pounding on him when he was shot. As such, Zimmerman was within in his rights to shoot him. Had Trayvon got off Zimmerman and stepped back, Zimmerman would have probably been found guilty.

In this case, the victim has clearly disengaged. Absolutely no reason to shoot him at that point.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: WarPig1939

when someone is attacking you there is no reasonable way for you to assume the attack is going to stop

it's great to see that in hindsight but I've been in dozens of crazy scenario's growing up and once it escalates to physical force the entire dynamic changes, you are not sitting there discerning the situation you act or don't and when you don't you pay

it's that clean cut

So you would still pull the trigger if you clearly see him/her backing off?

edit on 23-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

link   
That’s cool Toys, I think if everyone watches this video in full screen mode they might change their mind

You need to watch this video before commentating as it obviously shows how this occurred

link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Are you implying that you don't think that individuals should be able to defend themselves by whatever means necessary if someone else illegally assaults them?

And in your scenario, there is mob mentality involved, so fearing for one's life would be appropriate.

You must understand, though--most people, including me, who carry a concealed firearm to most places are not prone to taking it out and using it as a first response. The majority of us see it as a tool of last resort, but one best had on your person if needed than not have it.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Agreed. I don't think this is over for the shooter.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm not even going to respond to that.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For those thinking he got away with something - he's completely screwed in all ways many times over.

As someone who carries, I'm going with bad shoot.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: alldaylong

Are you implying that you don't think that individuals should be able to defend themselves by whatever means necessary if someone else illegally assaults them?

And in your scenario, there is mob mentality involved, so fearing for one's life would be appropriate.

You must understand, though--most people, including me, who carry a concealed firearm to most places are not prone to taking it out and using it as a first response. The majority of us see it as a tool of last resort, but one best had on your person if needed than not have it.

you are probably not running around starting unnecessary argument playing hero citizen police either let's be honest

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm not even going to respond to that.

Of course you won't. You know good and well anyone with half a brain wouldn't outright kill someone else for an act of a one off physical altercation as an example.

If it was a Treyvon Martin scenario - I would agree with you on shooting to kill 200%. Not this one. Agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I rewatched the video and replied in the thread but it's not convenient to keep up

but I will stand behind my statement that when you get attacked or attack someone don't expect a rational response either

from me sure, from a marine sure, but random regular people you have no idea how they can react
edit on 23-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My husband's comment on this:
"Gee, what happened to the days when you got knocked on your ass for BEING an ass, re-considered your actions, shook hands and called it a day? Now you get knocked on your ass for harassing a woman and kids waiting in a car, and it's ok to kill over it? It seems my own kids are more Adult than adults are."

He HAS a point. I say string the guy up by the nunus, and leave him for the gators. As soon as the guy backed off when he drew the gun, the threat was over. He had zero legit reason to shoot after that.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hot weather, people tired after doing shopping, angry because they can't find a parking space.

The sad thing ... Mad TV did a comic sketch in one of their magazines over the very same scenario around 20 years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wish you could "knock someone on their ass" in todays world and not get serious charges for it but if you attack someone also expect to be attacked back

they are both in the wrong for it, one guy paid with his life and eventually the other guy will as well

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I rewatched the video and replied in the thread but it's not convenient to keep up

but I will stand behind my statement that when you get attacked or attack someone don't expect a rational response either

from me sure, from a marine sure, but random regular people you have no idea how they can react

Point taken. I was trained to assess the threat and deal with it on a manageable level depending on the threat. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

if we have experience in or training in the environment you should expect a manifestation of that training if done correctly but when you attack someone they become irrational

I still think they were both wrong

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

if we have experience in or training in the environment you should expect a manifestation of that training if done correctly but when you attack someone they become irrational

I still think they were both wrong

That I agree on.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

I wish you could "knock someone on their ass" in todays world and not get serious charges for it but if you attack someone also expect to be attacked back

they are both in the wrong for it, one guy paid with his life and eventually the other guy will as well

The videos I watched didn't have audio. Neither I, NOR YOU, know what the situation sounded like, so it could have sounded extremely threatening. And if an alarming verbal altercation was at hand, I cannot fault him for knocking him on his duff.
edit on 7/23/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heated words are not a legal reason to assault someone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join