It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just seen this on BBC News.

Two chaps in Florida get into an argument over a car parking space. End result, one of them in shot dead.

However, because of some ludicrous law, the shooter won't or can't be charged. End result, you can commit murder and get away with it over something as trivial as parking a car in the wrong place.

Utter madness.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It's called stand your ground law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read the law before commenting on the story and assuming you know the entirety of what happened. I honestly don't know what to think....
edit on 23-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
double post. Ignore
edit on 23-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think it was unjustified, as the guy backed away when he pulled the pistol. That said he was assaulted as the guy blind-sided him with basically a football hit. Given the man's previous history of hassling people in the parking lot I think he should be charged with homicide. He was looking for trouble and eventually found it.

I do find the coverage bothers me in how they often represent the victim as completely blameless; he was defending his "family" - one of his kids was in the car but the woman was not his wife. Other details are impossible to find, there were other children but it's unknown if they were his or not.

Look like the stand your ground rule is why he isn't being charged. If he did it once he'll likely do it again and this may encourage others to go further than they might otherwise in a tight situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I see both sides of this issue

1. Keep your hands to yourself and you won't get shot
2. Once he was seen backing away it's time to stop pulling the trigger and honestly he was pretty quick to fire a # of shots

so I see both sides, if our country wasn't filled with entitled brats thinking they can do whatever they want and get away with whatever they want because they can call the police and they will prevent someone from giving you the well deserved ass kicking this kind of crap wouldn't be happening

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
More then just illegally parking.

The bigger part is that the shot man assaulted the man who shot him.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Look like the stand your ground rule is why he isn't being charged. If he did it once he'll likely do it again and this may encourage others to go further than they might otherwise in a tight situation.

I can see that but if you keep your hands to yourself you won't get shot, so are they both wrong (although no one deserved to die)?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If you're Florida Man be sure you're always in Florida!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I was surprised to see that shot fired despite the man backing up when he saw the gun. That might complicate the shooting.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There was a row of parking spaces and they were fighting over one? Or did they both want the whole row?
edit on 23-7-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
More then just illegally parking.

The bigger part is that the shot man assaulted the man who shot him.

Is being pushed to the ground justification for committing murder ?

If it is, then stop the world i want to get off.

Next time i run along the street and accidentally bump into someone and knock them over, i had better make sure i am wearing a bullet-proof vest.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I didn't say that or imply it. The escalation was the shove to the ground.

I think the shooter is out of line but the DA may well have final say.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Wasn't it about her parking in handicapped instead of a normal spot and got called on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Is being pushed to the ground justification for committing murder ?

Well if it is self-defense then it wasnt murder. Its just assholicide.

edit on 23-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Just seen this on BBC News.

Two chaps in Florida get into an argument over a car parking space. End result, one of them in shot dead.

However, because of some ludicrous law, the shooter won't or can't be charged. End result, you can commit murder and get away with it over something as trivial as parking a car in the wrong place.

Utter madness.

www.bbc.com...

It may take awhile for it to sink in culturally, but people are going to start to realize that you don't mess with strangers.

I think the shooter should have been charged as it was an over reaction. The guy backed away, so no need to shoot. However, the victim was also in the wrong. He didn't need to run up and knock the guy over either.

Just get in the car and leave. No need to push the guy, even if the shooter was being an idiot.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The shooter should be charged with murder. After watching the video, there was no reason to shoot someone for pushing you. I don't see how the law applies even after the assailant backed away clearly showing he disengaged from the confrontation. Now a father is dead because of a stupid parking space and his kid now is fatherless and traumatized watching his own father die in front of him..

All over a damn parking space.

link   
Hey hey ho ho Stand your ground has got to go!

Yes people your right to self defense should go.

What a dumb snip.

link   

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Wasn't it about her parking in handicapped instead of a normal spot and got called on it.

The girlfriend/baby mama parked in a handicap spot. The old guy called her out on it. They were probably exchanging words.

Boyfriend comes out the store and sees old guy mouthing off at his baby mama, so he just runs up and knocks the guy on his azz. It looked like he might then go for the knock out punch, but the old guy drew his weapon.

The victim sees the gun and clearly is backing away. Old guy then shoots him which to me was not called for in that situation from the video of the incident I saw.

They both were wrong, but the old guy was more wrong imho. I think he should be charged with murder.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Ok, he fired a single shot. I thought it was multiple shots. Don't put your hands on people and you won't get shot. It's that simple.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join