It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Trump Looking At Revoking Security Clearance From Obama-Era Officials

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CigaretteByrnes

LMAO

RE: Ficticious #walkaway movement

You realize that movement is largely videos of people renouncing their democrat party leanings, right? So the russians are doing what exactly? Paying people to make videos they don't believe? You realize that goes against russia's typical motives, right? They want division, not unity. The russians don't try to weaken the opposition, they try to strengthen it so they can further decrease faith and trust in the government of the US.

Here, watch this

Now after watching it what in there is hard to understand? What is russian? What is wrong? Is it really unbelievable that many people would leave when coming to such realizations?

On the other side, i keep hearing stories of how Republicans (mostly in Washington) can't get dates and no one wants to # them. There are also stories of Republicans being shun/disowned by their family members. Y'all are being ridiculed out of Mexican restaurants. Do you guys ever stop and think? How about self-reflexion? (Hint: if you do any of that you certainly hide it well) Is there not something in your mind urging you to do so? That maybe tou guys aren't "winning" in the way you think you are. That maybe everyone else outside your bubble (the "base") sees it for what it is and you just can't? This is a dangerous game.

That's hilarious. Let me try to show you how absurd your thinking is with a simple edit:

On the other side, i keep hearing stories of how Blacks (mostly in Washington) can't get dates and no one wants to # them. There are also stories of blacks being shun/disowned by their family members. Y'all are being ridiculed out of White restaurants. Do you guys ever stop and think? How about self-reflexion? (Hint: if you do any of that you certainly hide it well) Is there not something in your mind urging you to do so? That maybe tou guys aren't "winning" in the way you think you are. That maybe everyone else outside your bubble (the "base") sees it for what it is and you just can't? This is a dangerous game.

I can really only laugh about a leftist talking about self reflection. I've never met one that had more than the most basic self-awareness, and even those ones are pretty rare. It's even present in your post. You talk about how the walk away movement is 'largely ficticious' yet you ignore the evidence before your eyes and believe whatever the media tells you about it (is this guy russian too?). Those on the right are forced to endure self reflection because the media ensures we are all called racists, bigots, islamaphobes, fascists, nazi's, white supremacists, etc. We constantly have to justify our opinions and beliefs both internally and externally. On the other hand, the left basically runs unchecked. They are told by the media that they are the paragons of virtue, caring, loving, wonderful people who are only trying to make the world a better place, and therefore all of their positions are correct. It is this vacuous reinforcement that robs you (and most on the left) of your critical thinking skills.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

He's being petty because these people are not getting briefings nor do they have access to any classified information.
Except the things they already know which unfortunately he can't revoke memories. It's theater only. I bet he doesn't even do it because his people will once again talk him off the ledge.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

could you, would you, answer mine?

Read a lot of Dr. Seusse do you?
What was your question? I'll answer.
edit on 7242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Does your's burn you with cigarette butts??

What kind of # question was that? Hello?

On the worldwide web, as we speak, there's a largely fictitious #walkaway movement making the rounds. It was either created out of thin air by a sad Trump voter who saw a chart that one time or one of those confirmed Russian (or others as your idiot prez would say) troll farms we keep hearing about to sew confusion among democratic voters. You following so far?

Where are you getting that from? This should be good.

Google it simpleton. Im not doing your work for you. Read a few different sites. Avoid your bias. Get facts, read them. If it makes you uncomfortable - keep reading. Youll feel better having done so.I refuse to play your games. Im here to laugh at stupid people, and maybe engage some of you if i think a dialog will be worth it. I don't play that #. Ive been around this site for long enough to know who is to be taken seriously and who isn't.

So you can't present any solid evidence? Gotcha. Pathetic. You just have to believe it's not real because you don't want it to be real.

I'll give you some of your weak "evidence":

CNN cites Hamilton68 to "prove" #walkaway is compromised, claiming Russian bots are using the hashtag to hurt Democrats

The problem? Hamilton 68 has pushed back on dishonest media like CNN misrepresenting their work

Hamilton 68 tracks 600 known Russian propaganda Twitter accounts. Let's take a look at how influential they are. I just took this off Hamilton 68's website right now:

Those 600 Russian propaganda accounts have used #walkaway a whopping 71 times in the last 48 hours. That's an average of less than 2 times per hour. Across 600 propaganda accounts. Meanwhile, I just looked on Twitter now and #walkaway has been used almost 900 times just in the past hour. These Russian propaganda accounts constitute a fraction of 1% of the usages of the hashtag. Even if Hamilton 68 is only seeing 10% of the propaganda, say there's actually 6000 accounts using it 20 times per hour, it's still next to meaningless.

#walkaway is real. You got lied to.
edit on 24 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The accusation of #walkaway is so intellectually devoid it's almost sad that people believe such things.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: face23785

The accusation of #walkaway is so intellectually devoid it's almost sad that people believe such things.

It's the same thing we saw before 2016. "No, nobody who voted for Obama will vote for Trump!" Millions of Obama voters voted for Trump.

It's denial. They're in trouble and they're just sticking their heads in the sand.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Pictures say a thousand words.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DJW001

Pictures say a thousand words.

Indeed
Trump looks very cowed
I wonder, did Putin show Trump his dirty dossier !?!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If their clearances are revoked for sounds reasons, I see no problem with it. That should be acceptable and expected in cases in which there are justifiable reasons to do so.

If their clearances are revoked for political reasons, that is a problem.

Unfortunately, going off of the info being given in this thread, it sounds like the reasons are the latter and not the former.

Indeed.

Such an act out of political motivation would indicate the willingness to use their position of power to go after political "opponents".

Huh, sorta like using the IRS in the same manner. Brennan for one lied about spying on senate staffers. What else has he lied about? There is no reason for him to still have clearance.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Are you high?

You guys? who exactly are you referring to?

Ok. Cool. Gonna play stupid. Nvm.

Please don't do that. Speak your mind, C.B.. This is a discussion forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I hear impeachment is imminent.

More fake news by Liberals.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sorry Trump is not guilty of collusion which even isn’t a crime in the context presented. I guess Strzok was right in there is no big there there?

You're right. Collusion would be voluntary. "Blackmailed into submission" is the correct phrase.

Got proof of that or is it your personal opinion?

Read the body language.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Abuse of power he is the president if he wants to revoke so clearances of some morons because they talking smack about him oh well they no longer are in their previous positions so he has every right to pull them as they are actively interfering with the activities of the executive branch. And no it is not an impeachable offense.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Who and where did you hear it? I'll be fascinated by your response.
edit on 24-7-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Does your's burn you with cigarette butts??

What kind of # question was that? Hello?

On the worldwide web, as we speak, there's a largely fictitious #walkaway movement making the rounds. It was either created out of thin air by a sad Trump voter who saw a chart that one time or one of those confirmed Russian (or others as your idiot prez would say) troll farms we keep hearing about to sew confusion among democratic voters. You following so far?

Where are you getting that from? This should be good.

Google it simpleton. Im not doing your work for you. Read a few different sites. Avoid your bias. Get facts, read them. If it makes you uncomfortable - keep reading. Youll feel better having done so.I refuse to play your games. Im here to laugh at stupid people, and maybe engage some of you if i think a dialog will be worth it. I don't play that #. Ive been around this site for long enough to know who is to be taken seriously and who isn't.

So you can't present any solid evidence? Gotcha. Pathetic. You just have to believe it's not real because you don't want it to be real.

I'll give you some of your weak "evidence":

CNN cites Hamilton68 to "prove" #walkaway is compromised, claiming Russian bots are using the hashtag to hurt Democrats

The problem? Hamilton 68 has pushed back on dishonest media like CNN misrepresenting their work

Hamilton 68 tracks 600 known Russian propaganda Twitter accounts. Let's take a look at how influential they are. I just took this off Hamilton 68's website right now:

Those 600 Russian propaganda accounts have used #walkaway a whopping 71 times in the last 48 hours. That's an average of less than 2 times per hour. Across 600 propaganda accounts. Meanwhile, I just looked on Twitter now and #walkaway has been used almost 900 times just in the past hour. These Russian propaganda accounts constitute a fraction of 1% of the usages of the hashtag. Even if Hamilton 68 is only seeing 10% of the propaganda, say there's actually 6000 accounts using it 20 times per hour, it's still next to meaningless.

#walkaway is real. You got lied to.

Bravo! Now that's how you respond to such things.

I'd give you a super nova if I could.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Look at how the Left views any inward look upon itself...............its obviously the Russians.

Part of the reason I left Facebook. It's hard to debate someone who is without flaws and never in the wrong, even though they just lost a Presidential Election in a historical manner. Even when you point out flaws they don't acknowledge them.

.........But I'm the intolerant Nazi Fascist because I want our already existing Immigration laws enforced or I question if huge trade deals are really in our country's best interest as they are currently designed?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sorry Trump is not guilty of collusion which even isn’t a crime in the context presented. I guess Strzok was right in there is no big there there?

You're right. Collusion would be voluntary. "Blackmailed into submission" is the correct phrase.

Got proof of that or is it your personal opinion?

Read the body language.

Lmao.

Read the body language? Lol

People make memes and tabloids out of awkward still-shots, they dont actually use them for opinions ffs.

Tell me your joking...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Debating closed-minded people is a waste of your valuable time, Pavil. Just deliver the facts, and move on to the next productive endeavor.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That was just your wishful thinking getting louder.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Zoyd23

Why? They shouldn't have had any access to their old jobs and any classified info. If they did they and/or whoever allowed them to access it should be prosecuted. Having a clearance, and having access to info are 2 seperate issues.

For as long as its been done, former officials have kept their security clearances because they often consult for the people who replace them in their positions. I've read a number of articles about it but this is the one I found quickest..

Former high-ranking officials in defense, intelligence, diplomacy and law enforcement usually maintain their clearances to advise those still in government, former officials said.

Source

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join