It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Trump Looking At Revoking Security Clearance From Obama-Era Officials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Are you somehow unaware of what they've done?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Civilians can obtain security clearances.

Would it be false to say companies that work with the USA on intelligence matters and military hardware specifically hire retired / honorable discharged individuals because of their security clearances? I am guessing the people listed do have a security clearance that allowed them to work as consultants or contractors in some capacity. Revoking the clearances limits their value as a consultant or contractor.
edit on 23-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixex

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think Gen. Hayden (Retired) explained it best - "I don't go back for classified briefings".
This would indicate that circumstances warrant post-assignment input from those with previous (and still active) security clearance on subject matter(s) relevant during his/her tenure when he/she was on active duty.

Twisted
Still seems like a sour grapes move
anything to shut people up

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Civilians can obtain security clearances.

Would it be false to say companies that work with the USA on intelligence matters and military hardware specifically hire retired / honorable discharged individuals because of their security clearances? I am guessing the people listed do have a security clearance that allowed them to work as consultants or contractors in some capacity. Revoking the clearances limits their value as a consultant or contractor.

Correct. This is another reason why, as I indicated here, most of the time when people leave government service, they are allowed to keep their security clearance, as it makes it easier for them to get through the application process for other government jobs or jobs with government contractors that require a clearance.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Actually he's wrong ts/sci needs to be renewed every 5 years secret is every ten.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yes they say on average a secret is worth 10 to 15k a year and a ts is worth 15 to 20k

It can cost companies at least that to obtain that for potential workers and you can never be sure they'll qualify even for an interim.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This sounds like abuse of power to me, I wonder if that's an impeachable offense?

As for making money off the government that's all Trump, his family and his entire administration have done and you guys don't give a damn. They should all be impeached and imprisoned.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Really Glad someone made a thread About this SUBJECT.......i. was Complaining about this on another thread...

3 Day's Ago....! I personally Think THAT if..... you ARE no longer WORKING there, YOU'RE Security.......

CLEARANCES are DONE.... unless You're ask BY the CURRENT Administration ( at THE time ) so They can Tap some...

Useful information THAT ( you ) may have inVolving a CURRENT Conflict......! I think It's like being ( laid OFF or Fired )...FROM your old Job...and STILL having the Key's.... too the FRONT DOOR........! AND no One CARES?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This sounds like abuse of power to me, I wonder if that's an impeachable offense?

As for making money off the government that's all Trump, his family and his entire administration have done and you guys don't give a damn. They should all be impeached and imprisoned.
Got a link for that? Probably not, you don't know what you're talking about, dismissed.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Make no mistake here, the thing we "don't give a damn" about is placating your histrionics and ridiculous accusations.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This sounds like desperation since the Russian collusion narrative has fallen apart and the obstruction narrative is going nowhere either.

You poor thing. At least 2 more years of this. Probably 6 based on the way the Democrats are doubling down on everything that lost them 2016.

Are you gonna make it?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

Do you understand how many civilians and companies are entrusted with military secrets that have clearances? The women and men at NASA? Telecommunications and satellite operations and designed? The women and men that manufacture military jets and missiles. It’s low level, but I am guessing you have to pass a background check and have clearance to work a fast food restaurant on most military bases and posts?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

Do you understand how many civilians and companies are entrusted with military secrets that have clearances? The women and men at NASA? Telecommunications and satellite operations and designed? The women and men that manufacture military jets and missiles. It’s low level, but I am guessing you have to pass a background check and have clearance to work a fast food restaurant on most military bases and posts?

Background check maybe, clearance no. Unless they've got a Burger King at Groom Lake.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It's crazy. It's madness. People don't listen to him, really. They don't care. All his immorality, dictator-wanna be is all just white noise to them. It's honestly all a disgrace. I'm truly ashamed for our country.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: CB328

Make no mistake here, the thing we "don't give a damn" about is placating your histrionics and ridiculous accusations.

This goes both ways.

Make no mistake here, the thing we "don't give a damn" about is Trump's whining and his Trumpets crying about this being fake news and a witch hunt. The proper people are looking into it and in the end, it is up to them what happens.

So cry and whine about this investigation, it is not going away anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There is no way Trump is going to be re-elected. LMAO Well, unless they cheat and when it comes the Republican party and Trump, I would not put it past them.

If Trump does make it to the next election without more scandals, he just might finish out his term but Trump and scandals go hand in hand. America's embarrassment will go down in history as the worst president in history.

Are you gonna make it? Until investigation is over, he is not in the clear, so that is two more years of watching Trumpets whine and cry about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

About Time , it should have been Done the Day he was Sworn In as President . The Stench of the Obama Administration was Evident Even Then............

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Senator Mark Warner needs to have his security clearnance revoked. Investigators are learning that he's in deep, with regards to the deep-state coupe attempt against President Trump.

Meanwhile, after March 17th, 2017, Senate Intelligence Chairman Mark Warner also knew the substance of the Carter Page application as it was distributed to his committee. Yet he too continued to push a narrative what was fundamentally different from the first-hand information he reviewed.

We always knew Warner held a conflict; however, we had no idea the scope of the conflict he was concealing. Consider this statement from May of this year:

According to Mark Warner, it would be “irresponsible” and “potentially illegal” for congressional oversight to keep demanding records from the FBI and DOJ about their spying and surveillance activity against the campaign of Donald Trump… wait, what?

Senator Mark Warner was caught text messaging with DC Lawyer Adam Waldman in the spring of 2017 (his first assignment). Waldman was the lawyer for the interests of Christopher Steele – the author of the dossier. Warner was doing this at exactly the same time he was requesting and receiving the Carter Page FISA application.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com... orter-ali-watkins/#more-152076

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join