It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Trump Looking At Revoking Security Clearance From Obama-Era Officials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

that's not necessarily how it works

news.clearancejobs.com...

Guideline A: Allegiance to the United States
Belonging to a terror group, advocating the unconstitutional overthrow of the government, associating or sympathizing with terrorists, terror groups or those seeking the overthrow of the government.
Guideline B: Foreign influence
Association with foreign citizens, business interest in foreign countries, potential that the individual could be coerced for some reason by a foreign government.
Guideline C: Foreign preference
Dual citizenship, service in a foreign military, accepting benefits such as scholarships or retirement benefits from a foreign country.
Guideline D: Sexual behavior
Criminal sexual behavior, sex addiction, sexual behavior that suggests a “lack of discretion or judgment.”
Guideline E: Personal conduct
Refusing to cooperate with the clearance investigation, refusing to complete requested paperwork, refusing testing. Associating with known criminals, adverse reports from past employers, neighbors or friends. Providing false information or concealing information from investigators.
Guideline F: Financial considerations
Pattern of not meeting financial obligations. White collar crime. Unexplained wealth.
Guideline G: Alcohol consumption
Alcohol-related incidents at work or away from work. Medical diagnosis of alcohol abuse or dependence. Continued alcohol use after a rehab program.
Guideline H: Drug involvement
Use of illegal drugs. Drug-related incidents at work or away from work. Medical diagnosis of drug abuse or dependence. Continued drug use after a rehab program.
Guideline I: Emotional, mental, and personality disorders
“a condition or treatment that may indicate a defect in judgment, reliability, or stability”. failure to follow prescribed treatments, including taking prescription medications. “A pattern of high-risk, irresponsible, aggressive, anti-social or emotionally unstable behavior”
Guideline J: Criminal conduct
Allegations or admissions of criminal conduct with or without charges being pressed. Conviction for a serious crime or multiple lesser crimes.
Guideline K: Security violations
“Unauthorized disclosure of classified information.” Deliberate security violations. Multiple violations. Negligence.
Guideline L: Outside activities
“Any service, whether compensated, volunteer, or employment with a foreign country, any foreign national, a representative of any foreign interest and any foreign, domestic, or international organization or person engaged in analysis, discussion, or publication of material on intelligence, defense, foreign affairs, or protected technology.”
Guideline M: Misuse of information technology systems
Illegal or unauthorized access to a computer system. Unauthorized actions to alter, restrict or deny access to systems. Unauthorized removal of software or hardware from systems, or adding unauthorized software or hardware to systems.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Revoke Brenan first.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I had a TS most of my career, and a TS is active for 10 years unless revoked. In fact, I got my TS renewed just before I retired as it is attractive to lots of employers. So, do we know for sure their clearances have been revoked?????

No...we dont know for sure about any of them.

I'd trust what the WH knows before any "unnamed sources".

I had mine for a while as well and they dont just go away when you leave a job...as far as I know they dont even when fired unless there was some extenuating circumstances that called for it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

A Top Secret is good for 10 years. It gives you access just to the stuff that you are cleared to see. I had a TS, but it did not mean I could access Nuclear codes. It meant I could only see or work on very specific things related to my job. It can be revoked for criminal behavior, but normally it is good until it expires, or it gets renewed.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Having a clearance doesn't mean your privileged to information that's usually on a need-to-know basis as well

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Exactly, peeps gotta ask questions before going nuts. I know I have been guilty of that myself before!!! Thats why I like ATS, you learn a lot and get put in your place a lot! LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If fact, Comey and Rice should be immediately prosecuted - they both signed off on the VERIFICATION of sources for the FISA warrant.

The sources were never verified - Steele is NOT a source - he's a PURVEYOR - the sources for the dossier contents are anonymous.

May the gates of hell be unleashed upon all their asses.......

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Having a clearance doesn't mean your privileged to information that's usually on a need-to-know basis as well

Exactly.

You have the clearance but also need to be cleared to be involved. The clearance just means your background was clean enough that they trust you for the most part.

I believe a "sponsored clearance" can be revoked by the sponsor company though. Not sure if this applies here or not as I dont know how the Intel agencies handle their clearances.

As far as I know, they keep them unless specifically revoked.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

If they were getting access to updated info after they left, then whoever was giving them info would be in serious doo-doo, as well as whoever received said info. You cannot possess or give out info to anyone who hasn't been read int a particular job.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It is. Very very close. For rod rosenstein.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, he's already had Russian prostitutes urinate on the bed the Obama's slept in. What next? Send one of his misguided suck-ups out to cut his tires? Put chewing gum in Michelle's hair? I wonder why he never developed emotionally? hm. Daddy issues I guess.

And yes. Donald Trump is the President. We elected Donald Trump. He is the POTUS.
Donald Trump. Manhattan playboy, petty mobster, king of bankruptcies, and not paying his bills. A man who can barely construct a literate, coherent sentence, and has never read a book. Yep. Sho is.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You got Daddy issue. Or was that sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is me...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You strung a whole bunch of slander together and made a post. Good job!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He's not having their memories wiped.
They still know what they know.
This is just theater.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here is a nice little exchange.....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey just saw that twelve of the tapes grabbed from Michael Cohen have been turned over to the feds.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

If they were getting access to updated info after they left, then whoever was giving them info would be in serious doo-doo, as well as whoever received said info. You cannot possess or give out info to anyone who hasn't been read int a particular job.

Correct. Even if you have the required clearance, if you don't have a need to know because you're not involved in whatever project the information belongs to, you have no right to said material. It's not like on TV where you get to be like "I have top secret clearance, show me what you got". It doesn't work like that. So for example Clapper, who is no longer involved with the CIA in an official capacity, has no need to know anything even though his clearance is still active. Anyone that has been passing him classified info is subject to prosecution.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Words

A Top Secret is good for 10 years. It gives you access just to the stuff that you are cleared to see. I had a TS, but it did not mean I could access Nuclear codes. It meant I could only see or work on very specific things related to my job. It can be revoked for criminal behavior, but normally it is good until it expires, or it gets renewed.

Could you use it outside of your official capacities?

(post by Sublimecraft removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join