It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Trump Looking At Revoking Security Clearance From Obama-Era Officials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Trump should've made this move weeks ago IMO. Better late than never. This "Russian Collusion" conspiracy is getting old, with NO DIRECT PROOF that Trump conspired with the Russians. Sorry if this offends some Liberals, but if Mueller has anything on Trump, why wait this long to charge him with something? Is it because, his case against the president, is falling like a house of cards? It's about time the president swept the trash into the garbage.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Monday said that President Trump is exploring whether to remove the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan and other top Obama-era intelligence officials.

“They’ve politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances,” Sanders said during the daily briefing. “Making baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia, or begin influenced by Russia against the president is extremely inappropriate and the fact that people with security clearances are making these baseless charges provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence.”

thehill.com...

During the daily press briefing, Sanders told reporters that the president was considering taking away clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former CIA Director John Brennan, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice and former Director of National Security Michael Hayden (who worked under President George W. Bush).

www.foxnews.com...

A triggered reporter asks, 'is this presidential?'

edit on 7/23/2018 by shawmanfromny because: added info

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I hear impeachment is imminent.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Trump should've made this move weeks ago IMO. Better late than never. This "Russian Collusion" conspiracy is getting old, with NO DIRECT PROOF that Trump conspired with the Russians. Sorry if this offends some Liberals, but if Mueller has anything on Trump, why wait this long to charge him with something? Is it because, his case against the president, is falling like a house of cards? It's about time the president swept the trash into the garbage.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Monday said that President Trump is exploring whether to remove the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan and other top Obama-era intelligence officials.

“They’ve politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances,” Sanders said during the daily briefing. “Making baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia, or begin influenced by Russia against the president is extremely inappropriate and the fact that people with security clearances are making these baseless charges provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence.”

thehill.com...

During the daily press briefing, Sanders told reporters that the president was considering taking away clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former CIA Director John Brennan, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice and former Director of National Security Michael Hayden (who worked under President George W. Bush).

www.foxnews.com...

Good....he should remove them. They have been given way too much rope already.

Will likely result in their losing some serious money as well since they still use these clearances for whatever current endeavors they are involved.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If their clearances are revoked for sounds reasons, I see no problem with it. That should be acceptable and expected in cases in which there are justifiable reasons to do so.

If their clearances are revoked for political reasons, that is a problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If their clearances are revoked for sounds reasons, I see no problem with it. That should be acceptable and expected in cases in which there are justifiable reasons to do so.

Unfortunately, going off of the info being given in this thread, it sounds like the reasons are the latter and not the former.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Comey was fired. He should have lost all security clearances at that time.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert

Unfortunately, going off of the info being given in this thread, it sounds like the reasons are the latter and not the former.

Indeed.

Such an act out of political motivation would indicate the willingness to use their position of power to go after political "opponents".

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Comey was fired. He should have lost all security clearances at that time.

He did

At least two of the officials — Comey and McCabe — do not currently have clearances.

Comey hasn’t had a security clearance for many months, according to a person familiar with the matter.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Seems to me that anyone who does not direct relations with Potus of the time should lose their security clearance. It also seems to me that any retired person who had security clearance should lose it when they are out of the job, only getting a temporary clearance if they are called in to help with something. I think our government should seriously look into this clearance issue, years ago these people were mute, now some are telling everything to media sources. Heck, they even write books.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Australian intelligence officials are bound by a 50 year secrecy act and can only speak on geopolitical developments within the context of what is in the public domain,the exception to this is if they are testifying in a Royal commission this just seems like a slap on the wrist surely these people have broken some oath of office?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Trump should've made this move weeks ago IMO

*Years 2 of them.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lol, their clearances (for almost all ofthem) have already been revoked. The humor to be found here is the administration think's they've still got them, and is making big news waves by revoking non-existent clearances.

A++, would president again!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
bout time

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I had a TS most of my career, and a TS is active for 10 years unless revoked. In fact, I got my TS renewed just before I retired as it is attractive to lots of employers. So, do we know for sure their clearances have been revoked?????

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

“They’ve politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances,”

Sounds like a great case for revocation.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
He should have revoked their security clearance the day he was sworn in. And if they did monetize sensitive security info, they should be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh my! Just a few hours ago we had this thread:

Rand Paul calls to revoke John Brennan's security clearance

and now Trump is doing it!

Is Rand Paul in control of Trump?????

Is Rand Paul a Russian double agent!?!?!?!??????$$$$&***&@%^@&

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Is Rand Paul in control of Trump?????

No.

Trump knows a good idea when he sees one.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Does an official have security clearance for life, even if he is no longer employed by the bureaucracy? How does it work?

Answered:

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I had a TS most of my career, and a TS is active for 10 years unless revoked. In fact, I got my TS renewed just before I retired as it is attractive to lots of employers. So, do we know for sure their clearances have been revoked?????

edit on 23|7|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

Why? They shouldn't have had any access to their old jobs and any classified info. If they did they and/or whoever allowed them to access it should be prosecuted. Having a clearance, and having access to info are 2 seperate issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join