It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know WMD were found in Iraq?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

All of my sources were siprnet or jwics, so nothing you'd have access to.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm clearing up with your revisionist definition. Incompetent waste disposal doesn't constitute a WMD attack, does it?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
An Aircraft carrier is a weapon of mass destruction basically.
It's just a broad statement; ''weapons of mass destruction''.

Somehow a biological weapon or an gas attack is considered as truly evil/bad. Seems to me that after ww2, gas just got a special place still.

Bombing a city in ruins, not so bad?
So when lets say 100 people die from a gas attack = the most evil thing.
Bombing whole city's with just bombs with even more casualties and every home destroyed basically is something better...

Or what about depleted uranium ammo used.. how is something like that better than some chemical weapon attack?

edit on 23-7-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I'm clearing up with your revisionist definition. Incompetent waste disposal doesn't constitute a WMD attack, does it?

Revisionist definition? Are you actually arguing chemical weapons aren't WMD?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why does everyone leave off the Ricin ?
Does it look all nice like rice ?
It is natural . But not when produced and stored in 50 gallon drums.

And the UNs persistent declaration that Iraq was secretly working on nukes ?
Kept asking the US to force Hussein to let the IAEA in to inspect.

Some folks forget history too readily when they are easily propagandized. That type of folk make good "cannon fodder" for a certain demographic.

See also :
"Wizard's First Rule"
The Wizard Zed from the Terry Brook's book of the same name.

"The Big Lie"
Hitler.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

All of my sources were siprnet or jwics, so nothing you'd have access to.

Jaden

Are you aware of anything in public domain? I've read it in a book or two that Saddam's generals said during interrogation that Saddam intended to restart his nuclear program, but I can't remember exactly where I read it. I'd like to have a good source for it, if I can find one.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

We found some rusty old abandoned stuff they probably forgot about. There were no WMD found that would justify the war or fake intelligence. Anyone who was exposed did not follow procedure.

Saddam had in fact followed the Spirit of the UN sanctions. War should not have occurred and Bush was gullible and caused needless deaths. Like him or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The people who hated the CIA for feeding lies to Bush took only 8 years to learn to love the CIA and believe that questioning them is somehow undermining them.

Its a helluva display of cognitive dissonance.

Yes, i knew they found WMD's. The narrative on that was they were "old and in poor condition". Or some nonsense.

Lmao you can't be serious.

This thread is a joke and your comment is the icing on the cake...and you accuse others of cognitive dissonance.

How much of Curveball's bs did you actually fall for or are you purposely being obtuse and towing the party line in complete disregard of facts and logic?

It's like you have to be a brainwashed monkey to be a mod on here wtf is wrong with you man.

(post by JosephKnecht removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The people who hated the CIA for feeding lies to Bush took only 8 years to learn to love the CIA and believe that questioning them is somehow undermining them.

Its a helluva display of cognitive dissonance.

Yes, i knew they found WMD's. The narrative on that was they were "old and in poor condition". Or some nonsense.

Lmao you can't be serious.

This thread is a joke and your comment is the icing on the cake...and you accuse others of cognitive dissonance.

How much of Curveball's bs did you actually fall for or are you purposely being obtuse and towing the party line in complete disregard of facts and logic?

It's like you have to be a brainwashed monkey to be a mod on here wtf is wrong with you man.

Which part is a joke? Can you refute anything I said?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Anyone who was exposed did not follow procedure.

What are you basing that on?

Saddam had in fact followed the Spirit of the UN sanctions.

The ISG would seem to disagree with you.

Saddam Hussein never abandoned his intention to resume a CW effort once sanctions were lifted and conditions were judged favorable.

The way Iraq organized its chemical industry after the mid-1990s allowed it to conserve the knowledge base needed to restart a CW program, conduct a modest amount of dual-use research, and partially recover from the decline of its production capability caused by the effects of the Gulf War and UN-sponsored destruction and sanctions.

Iraq constructed a number of new plants starting in the mid-1990s that enhanced its chemical infrastructure, although its overall industry had not fully recovered from the effects of sanctions, and the country had not regained its pre-1991 technical sophistication or production capabilities prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF)

The ISG uncovered information that the Iraqi Intelligence Service had maintained, from 1991 to 2003, a set of undeclared covert laboratories to research and test various chemicals and poisons, primarily for intelligence operations.

They did destroy a large majority of their CW, but kept some, kept some of their infrastructure, and had every intention of producing more once they conned the UN into lifting sanctions. The idea that they were cheating wasn't unique to the Bush administration:

In August 1998 Iraq unilaterally declared that all outstanding CW-related disarmament issues were resolved and ceased cooperation with UNSCOM. This decision led to UNSCOM's withdrawal in December 1998, followed by Operation Desert Fox in which the United States and United Kingdom bombed a number of facilities thought to have been used in reviving Iraq's WMD programs.

And as I posted earlier, some of the intelligence used to justify the invasion was gathered during the Clinton administration. This narrative that it was all cooked up under Bush is just false.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the CIA and MSM and Bush Government said

- Saddam had stockpiles
- Saddam had large scale production facilities
- Saddam was selling and supplying them to terrorist groups

It was all total BS

Back in the 80's Saddam produced a lot of them, yes. And many of them were unaccounted for..

to claim 20years later when the odd lost mustard gas mortar round is mistakenly exploded or stumbled upon is a far reach to say ''saddam had WMD's''

no more than saying ''agita8dchop'' has gold on his land because i found a tiny nugget with a metal detector

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
the CIA and MSM and Bush Government said

- Saddam had stockpiles
- Saddam had large scale production facilities
- Saddam was selling and supplying them to terrorist groups

It was all total BS

Back in the 80's Saddam produced a lot of them, yes. And many of them were unaccounted for..

to claim 20years later when the odd lost mustard gas mortar round is mistakenly exploded or stumbled upon is a far reach to say ''saddam had WMD's''

no more than saying ''agita8dchop'' has gold on his land because i found a tiny nugget with a metal detector

Another one that didn't read the OP.

We're not talking about 20 years later stumbling across an odd mortar round. Thousands of rounds were found, in the mid-2000s, not long after the invasion, and hundreds of troops were affected.

There was no active production program. I stated that in the OP. I also stated that Saddam had indeed turned over MOST of his stockpile. Thousands of shells hardly constitutes an "odd lost" round.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What in the hell is Hicks doing on here as someone that knows unless he is CIA?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What in the hell is Hicks doing on here as someone that knows unless he is CIA?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
never mind misread
edit on 20Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:01:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I have been called a liar when I told people that I saw a place there where chemical gas was being mixed up. They were mixing this stuff up in a neighborhood. 😞

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DieGloke
These where old weapons from 1991. After 1991 they where sealed up in bunkers.

The USA and international community knew about these and these were not WMD bush was referring to. Bush and his bandit blair where talking about new and ACTIVE WMD's which Iraq never had. The only WMD they had where the old deactivate weapons sitting in steel bunkers and rendered usable.

Chemical weapons have a short shelf like .When these stockpiles where found and unsealed they had all corroded there casings and the chemicals decomposed. Yes they where still toxic but not to the level of being usable Weapons.

Fact is No Active WMD's where found only decayed antique WMD that where leftovers from 1991 and everyone knew about these.

Mustard gas has a short shelf life?

Guess you need to tell that to German farmers who were still digging up pockets of it in their fields and gassing themselves 50 years after WW2...

/facepalm

Nerve gas has.

But yes the mustard gas itself might not decay but the weapon itself does being corrosive.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join