It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know WMD were found in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I thought they invaded Iraq because they were supposed to be sheltering bin laden and Al Qauda?

Why did they leave until 2003 to invade if it was solely over WMDs?

I have a feeling it was all part of some grander plan somehow, but I suppose I’m just some crazy conspiracy nut.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Absolutely, Saddam had vast stock piles of mustard gas which is considered a WMD. Mustard gas was used by Saddam back in 1988 in a Kurdish village.

The attack killed as many as 3200 people and injured 7 to 10 thousand in one felled swoop. I know we uncovered those stock piles and that US soldiers were exposed to them.

Not something the media really reported at the time, at least not as WMD since it kinda supported the war or at least the Bush narrative. We didn't blink much in 1988 however when they were so effective against the Kurdish village.

In fact, at the time of the attack, Saddam was considered a friendly partner to the US. The attack took place after Iran over ran their defenses and our lovely CIA actually blamed Iran for the attack even though they knew differently, it was considered fact well into the 90's.

And we wonder why our Intelligence community has trouble with people believing anything they say.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I thought they invaded Iraq because they were supposed to be sheltering bin laden and Al Qauda?

I have a feeling it was all part of some grander plan somehow, but I suppose I’m just some crazy conspiracy nut.

Because it took them that long to craft a Bullsh!t reason to do so.

Remember the protests?

Ultimate proof that protesting is worthless these days...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

We didn't blink much in 1988 however when they were so effective against the Kurdish village. 

That's because the majority of civilians weren't very informed at that point in time.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not likely they don’t give a sh#t about civilians, it was because it suited them to actually support Iraq in the Iran Iraq war.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Everyone knew including the UN but it was not part of the narrative at the time as Saddam was considered a good guy.

The Kurds to this day are continuously craped on by the world, even though they continue to support every step we have taken in regards to terrorism and the wars against Iraq in the 90's and more recently.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
These where old weapons from 1991. After 1991 they where sealed up in bunkers.

The USA and international community knew about these and these were not WMD bush was referring to. Bush and his bandit blair where talking about new and ACTIVE WMD's which Iraq never had. The only WMD they had where the old deactivate weapons sitting in steel bunkers and rendered usable.

Chemical weapons have a short shelf like .When these stockpiles where found and unsealed they had all corroded there casings and the chemicals decomposed. Yes they where still toxic but not to the level of being usable Weapons.

Fact is No Active WMD's where found only decayed antique WMD that where leftovers from 1991 and everyone knew about these.

All of this is covered in the OP.

At this point I'm convinced all you guys do is read the titles.

The media loves it when you only read the headlines by the way.

edit on 23 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

There were numerous reasons behind the invasion. That's why this thread was meant to stay away from the issue of whether the invasion was a good idea or not. It's an extremely complex issue and will completely derail the thread.

I knew it was futile to hope for that though. I just hope one or two people read this and learn something they didn't know.
edit on 23 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

We knew they didn't have nukes, but we found lots of stock pile of chemical weapons. I always said any time people claimed Iraq didn't have wmds that they were smoking crack.

But I was military intelligence and the media wasn't reporting.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

We knew they didn't have nukes, but we found lots of stock pile of chemical weapons. I always said any time people claimed Iraq didn't have wmds that they were smoking crack.

But I was military intelligence and the media wasn't reporting.

Jaden

I've read that some of Saddam's generals told our intelligence that he planned to restart his nuclear program if sanctions were ever lifted. Do you have any sources on that I can read?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The USA and international community knew about these and these were not WMD bush was referring to. Bush and his bandit blair where talking about new and ACTIVE WMD's which Iraq never had. The only WMD they had where the old deactivate weapons sitting in steel bunkers and rendered usable.

Chemical weapons have a short shelf like .When these stockpiles where found and unsealed they had all corroded there casings and the chemicals decomposed. Yes they where still toxic but not to the level of being usable Weapons.

Fact is No Active WMD's where found only decayed antique WMD that where leftovers from 1991 and everyone knew about these.

Mustard gas has a short shelf life?

Guess you need to tell that to German farmers who were still digging up pockets of it in their fields and gassing themselves 50 years after WW2...

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Mustard gas has a short shelf life?

Guess you need to tell that to German farmers who were still digging up pockets of it in their fields and gassing themselves 50 years after WW2...

/facepalm

Yeah not to mention

When the Iraqis produced chemical munitions they appeared to adhere to a "make and use" regimen. Judging by the information Iraq gave the United Nations, later verified by on-site inspections, Iraq had poor product quality for their nerve agents. This low quality was likely due to a lack of purification. They had to get the agent to the front promptly or have it degrade in the munition. This problem would have been less severe in their mustard rounds because of less aggressive impurities. The problem of degradation inhibited their ability to deploy and employ nerve weapons but probably did not have a great effect on their use of mustard.

Federation of American Scientists

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Not exactly true when it comes to the blister agent or vesicant we know as mustard gas.

It is a persistent chemical, easy and cheap to manufacture in both small and large quantities. In hot weather, mustard gas can last for days to weeks depending on it's quality.

In cold weather it can last for months. As far as it use on munitions, it's shelf life is decades. German munitions dug up from WW1 are still found intact and quite dangerous.

While not usually deadly, it's very unpleasant and the weapons uncovered were in no way degraded or not functional, and the UN inspectors found it to be of a high purity.

There was also a significant amount of VX found, along with Sarin, and liquid anthrax. All of these have a shorter shelf life than mustard gas but were still very active substances.

Just as the OP stated, it's not a justification argument and it is widely believed Saddam abandoned the manufacture of the WMD's in the 90's there are still unaccounted munitions to this day believed to be scattered across Iraq.It is also believed that Saddam was intentionally hiding these weapons from inspectors.

As an interesting side note, no country has a larger stock pile of mustard gas than the United States. They are stockpiled in Colorado and will take a very long time to destroy which they are supposed to do somewhere in Arkansas.
edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We had a good number of bunkers that were very contaminated. They were empty but very fresh activity and not a place anyone would want to walk into without full chem gear

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yep. The US invaded Iraq and brought all kinds of WMD with them.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
04/05/2016

Recently Donald Trump broke with the Republican convention and roiled the party base by boldly stating “You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They [the Bush administration] lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction [in Iraq]; there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.” He also stated “We spent $2 trillion, thousands of lives. Obviously, it was a mistake. George Bush made a mistake. We can make mistakes. But that one was a beauty.
We should have never been in Iraq. We have destabilized the Middle East.” This typically brash Trump statement went against an unwritten rule in the Republican establishment which states that it is taboo to bring up the subject of the WMDs that were not found after the invasion and occupation of secular-Baathist Iraq (all of the strands of intelligence, from Iraqi killer drones to mobile weapons labs to nuclear centrifuges fell apart after the occupation of the country and “exploitation” of its bases and facilities).

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yep. The US invaded Iraq and brought all kinds of WMD with them.

So you ignored everything in the OP. Well done. Go on being ignorant if you insist.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

WMD's? Looks like a useless term to me if you use it that way.

[...]
Iraq's history with chemical weapons is well known. The Hussein regime developed blister and nerve agents, and then used them against Iran and Iraqi Kurds in the 1980s. Tens of thousands of munitions and nearly 700 metric tons of warfare materials were destroyed in the years after the first Gulf War, but suspicions in Washington persisted that Baghdad had not fully dismantled its arsenal, according to the Nuclear Threat Initiative.

The U.S.-led 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified partly on the threat posed by the regime's alleged WMD activities. No indications of existing unconventional weapons operations were found after the war (see GSN, March 20). Iraq joined the Chemical Weapons Convention earlier this year.

The declaration contained no surprises, OPCW spokesman Michael Luhan indicated. The production facilities were "put out of commission" by airstrikes during the 1991 conflict, while U.N. personnel afterward secured the chemical munitions in the bunkers, he said.

NTI

That should clear things up for you, eventually.

The Army exploited their recruits regardless of the consequences, that's conspiracy fact by now. Look it up?

A US federal court has awarded more than $85 million (£53 million) to 12 Oregon National Guard soldiers who alleged that military contractor Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) knowingly exposed them to hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)), a known carcinogen. Their exposure occurred at a water treatment plant they guarded in Iraq in 2003.

Multi-million dollar payouts for US soldiers exposed to hexavalent chromium

[...]
Since last fall, the United States military has acknowledged that American soldiers found thousands of abandoned chemical weapons in Iraq, and that hundreds of troops notified the military medical system that they believed they had been exposed to them. The military acknowledged the exposures after years of secrecy — and of denying medical tracking and official recognition to victims — only after an investigation by The New York Times.

NY Times - 12 Years Later, a Mystery of Chemical Exposure in Iraq Clears Slightly

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

WMD's? Looks like a useless term to me if you use it that way.

[...]
Iraq's history with chemical weapons is well known. The Hussein regime developed blister and nerve agents, and then used them against Iran and Iraqi Kurds in the 1980s. Tens of thousands of munitions and nearly 700 metric tons of warfare materials were destroyed in the years after the first Gulf War, but suspicions in Washington persisted that Baghdad had not fully dismantled its arsenal, according to the Nuclear Threat Initiative.

The U.S.-led 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified partly on the threat posed by the regime's alleged WMD activities. No indications of existing unconventional weapons operations were found after the war (see GSN, March 20). Iraq joined the Chemical Weapons Convention earlier this year.

The declaration contained no surprises, OPCW spokesman Michael Luhan indicated. The production facilities were "put out of commission" by airstrikes during the 1991 conflict, while U.N. personnel afterward secured the chemical munitions in the bunkers, he said.

NTI

That should clear things up for you, eventually.

The Army exploited their recruits regardless of the consequences, that's conspiracy fact by now. Look it up?

A US federal court has awarded more than $85 million (£53 million) to 12 Oregon National Guard soldiers who alleged that military contractor Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) knowingly exposed them to hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)), a known carcinogen. Their exposure occurred at a water treatment plant they guarded in Iraq in 2003.

Multi-million dollar payouts for US soldiers exposed to hexavalent chromium

[...]
Since last fall, the United States military has acknowledged that American soldiers found thousands of abandoned chemical weapons in Iraq, and that hundreds of troops notified the military medical system that they believed they had been exposed to them. The military acknowledged the exposures after years of secrecy — and of denying medical tracking and official recognition to victims — only after an investigation by The New York Times.

NY Times - 12 Years Later, a Mystery of Chemical Exposure in Iraq Clears Slightly

I actually linked to NTI in the OP. It appears you just rehashed stuff I already posted, with the exception of the soldiers exposed to hexavalent chromium. What exactly were you trying to clear up to me?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yup

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join