It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the arrogant wealthy think they deserve their $$ and this they are superior

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...and I've never even been inside a strip club so...

Me neither!!!!!!!

As a guest or...as the entertainment? Or am I thinking DB's second job here?

I go by "Stormi Potted Meat" now.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: neo96

it's really easy for you guys to degrade others and engage in a circle jerk pat on the back who can make fun of the OP with the funniest shortest quip but you are seriously degrading the quality of the forum

Everyone makes the world go round.

The furrier may think the rich guy who buys his coats treats him like crap and doesn't pay him commensurate with his perceived worth, but if the rich man were cut down to size, then who would be able to afford the coats and pay the furrier commensurate with his perceived worth?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If people really wanted a living wage.

They'd tell the state to stop taking half their earned income.

Income tax comrades!

^^^^ this is what I'm saying get the government and Kensyian's out of our damn business and we will have more wealth than we can stand

wouldn't mind a return to the gold standard either

c'mon sparky...gold standard????.....America has a 20 trillon dollar economy....the entire world only contains 7.5 trillion in gold...the problems are too many to list

onlygold.com...
edit on 23-7-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
c'mon sparky...gold standard????.....America has a 20 trillon dollar economy....the entire world only contains 7.5 trillion in gold...the problems are too many to list

onlygold.com...

It's a cute trope that people who don't really have a full grasp of economics like to trot out.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Considering I was posting on my phone during a 30 min lunch break with limited refresh capability ... no, I did not read the edits.

But considering my extended family ranges from one uncle who got in on the ground floor of a successful Silicon Valley venture in the '80s after his stint in the military on down through the various stages of middle class to my sister and her brood who are really sort of scraping the bottom at present, I still stand by what I said:

Rich folks are people the same as everyone else - good, bad, and otherwise.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
ich folks are people the same as everyone else - good, bad, and otherwise.

So true.

I like to think I put on my $1,200 designer jeans on the same way as everyone else, with the help of my personal assistant.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

onlygold.com...

It's a cute trope that people who don't really have a full grasp of economics like to trot out.

just to be clear, are you agreeing with him or me?.....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You. A gold standard is not possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

You. A gold standard is not possible.

I read a personal blog about an ex-pat who lived in Argentina during that countries 2001-2002 financial crisis, he said that out on the street and for many businesses, silver coinage was the only "currency" used for a while, due to it's rather limited value and ease of transportation...small pieces of gold and silver jewelry were also used by people that could be trusted....gold coins were rarely used due to businesses and others not having "change" for low cost necessities.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

A $20 tip on a $70 bill is already quite generous. The standard is 15% which would be $10. I personally tip 25% in most cases, which would be $17.

They're averaging $55/hour, that's a 6 figure salary for no education. That's not bad.

I'm not seeing the issue with your story.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sounds like you've got an idea. Now implement it. Or were you too busy complaining about others to pick up the skills to follow through on your ideas?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a lot of the problem in society is that they see others as valueless pleebs for not acquiring my skills... if these losers wanted to make money they would do what I do, I'm awesome of course

but the awesome person sure does appreciate the services many of the losers provide... wonder what their life would be like if we eliminate all of the positions of lower skill and EVERYONE had the skill they have to offer... hmmmm...

Never set foot in San Francisco as a Software Engineer have you? Every single person who lives in that city knows how to code. The software people still seem to do alright.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
ich folks are people the same as everyone else - good, bad, and otherwise.

So true.

I like to think I put on my $1,200 designer jeans on the same way as everyone else, with the help of my personal assistant.

I know you're joking, but I've been making a nice wage for about 1.5 years now and I'm just hitting that position where I want to buy designer clothes. I've bought a few things, but man is it hard to dress nice. I miss the days of a walmart tshirt and jeans. I'm not quite up to $2000 jeans yet, maybe with my next promotion, but I have been buying $1500 suits.

Starting next summer, I'm getting a personal assistant/intern too. I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a lot of the problem in society is that they see others as valueless pleebs for not acquiring my skills... if these losers wanted to make money they would do what I do, I'm awesome of course

but the awesome person sure does appreciate the services many of the losers provide... wonder what their life would be like if we eliminate all of the positions of lower skill and EVERYONE had the skill they have to offer... hmmmm...

Of course they don't appreciate it, that's why they have their calculators out working out what the maxumum amount the plebs are worth tipping.
edit on 23-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I know you're joking, but I've been making a nice wage for about 1.5 years now and I'm just hitting that position where I want to buy designer clothes. I've bought a few things, but man is it hard to dress nice. I miss the days of a walmart tshirt and jeans. I'm not quite up to $2000 jeans yet, maybe with my next promotion, but I have been buying $1500 suits.

Starting next summer, I'm getting a personal assistant/intern too. I can't wait.

Welcome to the big leagues. Next we'll teach you how to properly treat the help in restaurants by snapping your fingers and loudly yelling, 'Garçon!', whenever you need something.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Of course they don't appreciate it, that's why they have their calculators out working out what the maxumum amount the plebs are worth tipping.

If someone needs a calculator to figure out what 'zero' is then they aren't rich-ing properly.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Truth be known they are just writing boobless..

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Truth be known they are just writing boobless..

I would take an 80081355 tip.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
A $20 tip on a $70 bill is already quite generous. The standard is 15% which would be $10. I personally tip 25% in most cases, which would be $17.

They're averaging $55/hour, that's a 6 figure salary for no education. That's not bad.

I'm not seeing the issue with your story.

I mentioned the tipping aspect multiple times to the Original Poster and asked for clarification on what they thought a good tip was but you'll notice I never got an answer because it's obvious they cannot math.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join