It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the arrogant wealthy think they deserve their $$ and this they are superior

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If people really wanted a living wage.

They'd tell the state to stop taking half their earned income.

Income tax comrades!

^^^^ this is what I'm saying get the government and Kensyian's out of our damn business and we will have more wealth than we can stand

wouldn't mind a return to the gold standard either

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is why I'm a stingy bastard where tips are concerned.

I draw the line at tipping at the McDonald's drive through.

A person gotta stick to their beliefs.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 23-7-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Real life documentary footage

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: toysforadults
you can pretend all you'd like but it's nothing more than status quo

Oh, you caught me! I really did have my PA order a batch of expensive olive oil to be used strictly for wrestling purposes.

I just squeeze my Gunther when I need oil.

Or tears.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Some people are so arrogant and stuck up that they think only what they deem is worthy of being called a career, and anyone who doesn't work in those fields is a loser.

our society would crumble without these positions filled and all the luxuries they provide would vanish, they are apart of the greater good of society

like I said, moral implications have been totally decoupled from everything business related and it's all about economic models taught in books at school

You know I was being sarcastic right - about them being losers.

You know what we need to do is start a tippers database. It should be extremely easy now with the ubiquitous of camera phones & other cameras. We take pics of the patron and the software will make a uniquie ID for the person. The person posting the pic reports the behavior.

Then someone esle uploads a picture and the software does a facial recognition analysis and it should be able to tell with high accuracy if it is the same person (names could even be a possiblity), and then we keep track of people who are $hit tippers.

Before long, when someone walks in, the program takes the pic, references the database and you can see their past history. While I'm not sure if this should be used to determine what service to offer a person (I think it shouldn't give them benefit of doubt), but there are options of adding gratuity on bills in many places, a mandatory 15% or whatever. If they tip 5-8% standard, then give them the mandatory or have the manager not server them.

Most places stick up for their employees who work on tips, w/o the employee, they have no business. Businesses don't survive on $hitty customers.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
...or drive up to the entrance and get a valet. Tipping is EXPECTED for this. Ask to have your car "cleaned" is not standard, it is something specifically asked for - cleaning supplies are paid for by valets - and a tip is EXPECTED when this is requested.

Since you didn't answer on my first two requests in regards what constitutes a good tip I'm starting to think we need to attribute your lack of reply to your inability to grasp basic math; i.e. that $10-20 on a $70 expense is 15-30%.

Now, what I can tell you is that us evil rich people are usually good at math, either that or we hire accountants that are, so that we are able to properly tally each penny we steal from the pockets of the hardworking peons we unfortunately have to interact with when we leave our gated mansions. Honestly, it would be much easier on all of us if you poor folk just tossed the cash over the walls of our compounds thereby limiting our exposure to your financial suffering.

Now excuse me, one of my favorite films, The Ever-Widening Wage Gap, is on and I just love the part where the hero refuses to tip the lowly delivery boy so he could put that $3 towards an Italian exotic automobile.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

you can pretend all you'd like but it's nothing more than status quo

Oh, you caught me! I really did have my PA order a batch of expensive olive oil to be used strictly for wrestling purposes.

Or tears.

I just hire an illegal immigrant for a few dollars, and come here.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Or tears.

He's like Charmin. In more ways than one, right? *wink*

edit on 23-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a lot of the problem in society is that they see others as valueless pleebs for not acquiring my skills... if these losers wanted to make money they would do what I do, I'm awesome of course

but the awesome person sure does appreciate the services many of the losers provide... wonder what their life would be like if we eliminate all of the positions of lower skill and EVERYONE had the skill they have to offer... hmmmm...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

it's really easy for you guys to degrade others and engage in a circle jerk pat on the back who can make fun of the OP with the funniest shortest quip but you are seriously degrading the quality of the forum

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well.

I don't buy in to class warfare snip.

Since that is what degrades this community.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

we have nothing that really brings us together in our, every man is island based society where everyone is seeking personal enrichment over all else. I would consider us to be in a technological dark age

Ya no senergy at all. Even when I ask what is a living wedge everyone says it is pay for a single person to live alone on their little island.

Honest broker is a hard thing to find these days.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Truth be told.

Every man is an island.

Your never going to eff yourself over for a vote.

And why has it been systemically brainwashed into the minds of modern Americans they can't make it on their own?

You can.

edit on 23-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Back to denigration.

This kind is perfectly socially acceptable.

How the arrogant wealthy think they deserve their $$ and this they are superior
edit on 23-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I knew a few very wealthy people as customers and while most were great to work with there were a couple who were never satisfied, wanted designs redone but then refused to pay for extra work. The worst was an author that wrote fictional ninja stories, despite have 10's of millions a couple hundred dollars were out of the question.

Entitlement doesn't seem limited to any single economic class. People at every scale of income think they deserve more than they're getting. I'll admit to it myself, certain skills should pay certain rates and when plumbers and electricians are pulling twice the hourly wage you are you tend to be kind of resentful. The only way out of that was to be self-employed and set your own rates, if people don't want to pay it they don't get your work.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I can tell you that the best way to judge a person's character is how they deal with an impending death, and the help they get for it. And the rich do not do it very well.
in SW Florida's wealthy neighborhoods -- and I DO mean wealthy, as in the islands primarily -- have a hell of a sense of entitlement from atop their very high gilded towers.

My mother used to work for a hospice center (one of the few jobs she didn't flake out on) and they had patients that after their HH stays, often simply went home to die. Her job was to deliver medications on a schedule, and on-call, to the patients who went home.

Many times, her boss would look the other way with me accompanying her, since her shift was the evening one and I was a minor. And I'm pretty sure he was risking at least fines, I don't think I was supposed to be allowed anywhere near anything she delivered. Either way, it's neither here nor there, he allowed it, and I got a hard lesson in how unfair life can be in the end. The terminal 12 year old that died 10 minutes before we arrived with the pain medication sticks with me, that was f#ing sad as all hell

She only had ONE ultra-rich patient that was down to earth. Miss K was an incredibly kind, lonely old woman dying quickly of cancer, with no family giving any s#s about anything but their massive inheritance. Nobody ever visited her, it even left the doorman upset. She griped about this often, and how it enraged her that she meant less than her money to her family. We really felt bad for her, she was desperate for that family connection in her final days.

If my mother knew she was on the delivery list for that day, we both went and picked up her meds early to spend time with her for a light dinner. She was a wonderful cook, we shared quite a few pre-work meals with her. She even palmed my mother "pits" ('tips' spelled backward, because nobody was allowed to accept them, except Miss K refused to adhere to that rule)

The rest of the very wealthy patients, man, talk about ungrateful as f#. It was a massive imposition to so much as clear her to enter at the gates or building doors. Sarasota & adjacent islands in particular was absolutely rife with this in the super wealthy areas. "Sir/Ma'am, I've already given your gate/door security my employee number and they've already called the center, AND they've already confirmed this to you. How much more proof of who I am do you need?" "I don't see why I have to let you in the gate, just leave it with gate/door security." "Sir/Ma'am, I can't do that, it must be given to the patient or whomever is managing their care, I can't just leave it with anyone, these are narcotics." "WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT!" 45 minutes and god knows how many phone calls later, and they would finally relent and take the damn meds either by coming to get it or letting her in, and the "burn holes through your skull" level glares were unreal. Look lady, I'm sorry that you have to touch a bag an hourly wage worker touched, but your husband needs his goddamn Oxycodone RIGHT NOW or it wouldn't be on the delivery list for the day.

And god forbid she have to deliver something on-call overnight (emergency meds) to one of those places, no gratitude, no "thank you for doing this so late", nothing but "You can leave. NOW." Rude bastards to the hilt, my god. The poor patients or their family NEVER acted like this, they practically fell all over themselves expressing sincere thankfulness regardless of when the meds were delivered.
edit on 7/23/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You're speaking Greek to me right now. I've never had another human being clean the outside or inside of my truck. I've never taken a taxi anywhere (not sure what a sky-cap is, had to google that one), load my own luggage when I do travel, fill out my own paperwork, and I've never even been inside a strip club so...

how many service jobs have you had

Zero, people are cancer and I have no interest to serve them or be in a situation where I'm expected to treat them with any degree of friendliness.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Get a tissue, wipe your nose.

Now, get a trade, or get an education in something that pays well with longevity and stop bitching because other people have done it and are now living the life they want.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...and I've never even been inside a strip club so...

Me neither!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...and I've never even been inside a strip club so...

Me neither!!!!!!!

As a guest or...as the entertainment? Or am I thinking DB's second job here?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join