It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
We share a similar outlook to such emotional ideas. I say 'Love ya' to everyone who I do after a phone conversation or whatever. It's not minimised by overuse, it is deep to me.
On a lighter note, here's a funny track from my childhood about a similar crazy typical family, it's called 'Our House'...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I say I love you too now because who knows when we'll kick the bucket and with that thought in mind it is never overused. I owe my sis a big hug today.

Well, I've been waiting for the water softener rep. and it looks like he/she isn't coming and now off to the mall for my daughter because she needs a new cell phone for her new job.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Off to the mall, lol I live miles away from any malls! It's all small/medium size stores in streets here.
Biggest malls I've ever been in were Kuala Lumpur, and they blew me away.
...my cell phone cost £9.99 it makes calls and texts and has a rudimentary internet access so I can read text and see pictures on pages, has an alarm, a torch, and a low res camera, oh and the snake game, I love that if bored for a few minutes haha.
Battery lasts for ages, and I can drop it without breaking at work or whatever.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Families...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Families...

So nice, thanks for posting this song

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

LMFAO!

Now i will have to spend a few of my remaining eye cycles on that book

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We share a similar outlook to such emotional ideas. I say 'Love ya' to everyone who I do after a phone conversation or whatever. It's not minimised by overuse, it is deep to me.
On a lighter note, here's a funny track from my childhood about a similar crazy typical family, it's called 'Our House'...

On my family it is extremely imposible to show feelings, like you have to be very strong and any sign of weakness will for sure turn against you later on

So for example if i say "love you mom" she will say "thank you" but you never hear the actual words back. Same for my brother, I can tell him all i feel and whatever and he listens and even helps to get through, but i know i will never hear the words, he's just like "same" or "take care" or "be careful out there"

Empathy or showing love and be able to talk about it freely it's seen as a weakness in my family, because we are supposed to deal with it and show it through other means but don't be all lovely and talk about it.

If someone dies we pay respect, we don't cry, we don't bend down, we show strength and keep going because that's how we honor what they did for us, not by falling down and crying but by standing up hard as a statue and don't show any emotions even if you are dying inside. Be a soldier and keep moving! LMFAO, that's why i could not keep going along with them and skipped country, ridiculous attitude, we are not machines

edit on 12-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Haha I have an original hardback copy of that book!
...family portrait by pink makes me cry every time lol, I think so many people can identify with it.
Can't sleep haha, in bed on phone waiting for angry American replies in my tax funded healthcare thread

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My family is like that, I'm the emotional one...was why I ran away all those years ago.
< 3

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Haha I have an original hardback copy of that book!
...family portrait by pink makes me cry every time lol, I think so many people can identify with it.
Can't sleep haha, in bed on phone waiting for angry American replies in my tax funded healthcare thread

LMFAO, you should add a new comment to it, talking about student loans and stuff, i bet it will get people even more triggered

I am fortunate enough to not having to deal with that aspect of life, i get enough cash to go through school with no loans, and even if i had, i would get very much the same education but at like 70% less than they do back on the US, without the college name to throw around later on lmao but i don't even care about that anyway

I don't have free health care but i do have international health care, very expensive since i only use it once or twice and i just got it recently, before i was having to pay for private doctors and it always went into my american aunt's pocket lmao, she hated i had to get sick every now and then lol, but now i have my card to prevent asking for it and just go and let it waste some cash every now and then

Universal health care across all the world should be a thing
I wonder how would that work though, new world order and stuff

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
New world order # haha I'm loving your tin foil hat wearing conspiracy slant!
I still owe the UK government about 15 thousand for my degree, my instalments are just a tax to me paying it back lol
...I get paid cash by most people so I don't even think about it half the time haha.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I still owe the UK government about 15 thousand for my degree, my instalments are just a tax to me paying it back lol
...I get paid cash by most people so I don't even think about it half the time haha.

Learned all about that NWW thing here on ATS, maybe i'm being brainwashed LMFAO!

Suddenly have a feeling to go look for UFO stuff too, and then i'll get into the Mandela effect and how we are all created by some repitilians and there's a random planet out there, and hell and the underworld and earth is a plate and there is a gazillion turtles stacked on each other supporting the flat earth and the sky is just some curved class ceiling

LMFAO i may have spent too much reading through other forums on ATS, now i know why i'm kind of not having enough time to sleep the past years or so

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So expensive, i get to have more or less a free career, i know it is costing some cash but i don't have to pay for it and i don't have a loan to pay later on as well. Being very honest, i don't get why it has to be like that but i don't know the inner details on how it came to be so i won't try to assume anything

But still how can people just place so hard a debt on other's that just have started living after college and can barely get a job?

As a side note, one of my friends here on the same path as i am, pays about 200/250 dollars total a month in her expenses for the same course i'm taking, so she will average about 12,000 dollars for the entire 4 year career, how come people get into 50,000 thousand or more debts? WHat's wrong with the US? They are all about the money, because clearly it can be done with the same education but with a lot less money

I spend about 1200 dollars at least, per month, i could never ever figure out how to go ahead with 250 dollars, it's like magic, i don't get it but she makes it along and everything is going well, i think i'm going to steal her brain or something because how come lmfao

But truly honest, how do you even go about having so much debt? It is ridiculous, then they tell you that you need experience to get a job, but if you don't have experience and every one asks about it, how can you even get a job in the first place lmfao, egg and chicken and stuff

edit on 13-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

Edited to add, last month when my friend died and i tried to reach home and failed i spent about 4000 dollars while just trying to reach there and the Spain trip and all that. That's like crazy, but thinking about it is just nothing compared to how the US student loans are, i just looked into it and i can't believe it can go up to 60/70+ thousand dollars, amazing for sure

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Have a very nice day guys! Going out to school now, i hope you all have a great day and i leave with this song which i hope will never turn true but seems day by day that it will eventually :/

I really really hope we can all love each other and be nice and be together all across whatever the world has for us later on, i love you all very much < 3

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Ah my student loan covered my living expenses as well as my tuition fees so it's not too bad to be honest. I only pay a small amount back every year though, the repayments are pretty easy, just I'll be paying it until I die lol, I don't know why people moan about student loans in the UK because if you don't earn much you don't have to pay anything back at all.

Suddenly have a feeling to go look for UFO stuff too, and then i'll get into the Mandela effect and how we are all created by some repitilians and there's a random planet out there, and hell and the underworld and earth is a plate and there is a gazillion turtles stacked on each other supporting the flat earth and the sky is just some curved class ceiling
LMFAO! You have been on ATS too long!!!! I love ATS for that crazy crap! But who knows...

Nice tune, the world will keep turning though and we will be okay.
Work hard at school, remember you can be anything you want to be if you want it bad enough!
< 3 back

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sing song "Born free, as free as the wind blows" etc. etc. Free only if you pay your taxes, don't drink and drive, don't speed, don't take illegal substances, pay your dues etc. etc.
So inreality you aint free. That goes for the UK and the USA.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

In the words of Norman Stanley Fletcher:

"Born free, 'til somebody caught me".

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Ha I found it!

...and I'm free as #, I break any stupid laws which don't agree with my ethical and moral codes all the time, always have.
Freedom is a concept of the mind facing control from the hardest gang in town...right now it's the government on paper, but in my daily life it is non governmental. Laws are just guidance depending on the penalty if I take the risk breaking it or not lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree. Tread lightly my friend and go silently into the night. Do you like that bit of philosophy? It means don't make too much noise when you come out of the pub cos someone might turn the spotlight on you.
I'm off to a pub quiz now. I'll be seeing you.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I agree. Tread lightly my friend and go silently into the night. Do you like that bit of philosophy? It means don't make too much noise when you come out of the pub cos someone might turn the spotlight on you.
I'm off to a pub quiz now. I'll be seeing you.
Haha I get ya!

I'm open with my objection to 'authority' though, always have been, and have the lame fines to prove it. I'll never change mate, jail time is not the end of the world, and fines are just paid in installments lol

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join