It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Seeing as this is the Banter Cafe we should have some funny banter...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Welcome to the cafe! Fresh out of the oven for ya...

Cool tune, the video is a mad one with the limbs without bodies lol.
Biltmore looks a nice place, it would be my second home, summer retreat of course

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I have given up lots of times. Go to Greece, Marlborough Gold £2 a pack or whatever, OK we'll just smoke on holiday and wer'e off again.

Have you tried vaping? No fags since Monday and its not hard. We have got the Smok Priv V8 things and use Zeus Juice (3mg nicotine - go higher and you will find it too much). We like The Black which is blackcurranty minty. Cant recommend these enough. Previously had a go with boxes that were all singing all dancing with adjustable temp/wattage etc but too complicated for us.

These ones are just fill, fire and off you go. Easy fill too, no unscrewing tanks. About £40 a pop. They don't leak either. Well worth a go. You will save a fortune on the fags.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Haha good sketch

I raise you with...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Love that. Here is some more banter, isn't it, though?

Armstrong & Miller WW2 Pilots

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The coke reference was mainly to explain that I have suffered addiction issues in my life and going cold turkey is the only way I know how to do it. Take the anguish and emotional/physical withdrawal symptoms and deal with it in all it's biochemical reaction beauty lol. I don't want to smoke anymore though, like a switch has gone in my head. I'm craving it badly thoughI'll be honest, but nothing like the feelings I've experienced quitting other chemicals in my life.

Lock-ins are common here, my son had his first with me at our local bar down the road. The window blinds came down, ashtrays appeared on the tables and I told him if anyone asks then all drinks are free at this private party lol.
He was 16, legally in the bar because they served plates of fries so he could legally drink alcohol so long as I bought it with his food for him.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Has anyone here given up smoking?
I'm on my 3rd day, I just stopped and gone cold turkey, it's crazy, feel all light headed.
Totally craving a hit of nicotine now though, I feel like a right junkie lol

Yes, I finally, totally gave it up in 2000 after 7 unsuccessful tries and I started smoking cigs at age 12. I got the monkey off my back and I'm loving it.

Well done you!
How long was it before you stopped craving the drug? Did you use a replacement nicotine thing or go cold turkey like I've forced on myself lol

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Cold turkey for me mate, same with any addiction I've ever had. Vaping to me is just still being an addict, like a heroin addict using methadone as a substitute.
I'm not enjoying the experience though, but I have actually laughed out loud talking to myself when experiencing a full-on craving.
I've noticed physical changes already, the veins in my arms are almost popping out with the increased oxygen, crazy how cig's can affect us so much isn't it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I tried last year on New Year's Eve at midnight. I did okay for about a week and then my ex at the time had left a half a smoke on the back deck. I found it while I was cleaning up.
I thought, what the hell...just a half a smoke.
LOL!!! I went across the street the next day and bought a pack.
It's definitely not good for my outdoor play and work as I can feel it much more now than if/when I smoked years ago.
Good luck to you if it's what you want to do. I'm currently watching the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle and unhealthy choices with my sister in law at the moment and none of it looks fun so...I've been giving a lot of thought to the future and end of life plans.
I want things in place so that my girls don't have as much to worry about when the time comes.
I'm old so, the time is right.

(sorry for the 'not fun' comments) in your cafe.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Haha don't apologise, the cafe is a 'broad church'of thoughts!
I am absolutely gagging for some nicotine right now haha, I totally recognise the addict I've become, couple of weeks should be easier, but it has been such a habit for so many years I'm having to find stuff to occupy my hands lol#
Totally cleaned my house today, it needed doing though to be fair, proper man cave lol

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I thought, what the hell...just a half a smoke.

Cigarette addiction is a sneaky SoB. I blew a few months of non-smoking after watching a Humphrey Bogart movie. Guy's been dead for decades and the movie was black and white. Just the way he was smoking his cigs made me crave one so much I bought a packet and smoked for another few years.

A couple of minutes with a cigarette is no bargain for health and the worry of loved ones. We should all be like you and consider the bigger picture (he says putting his cigarette out).

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

No mixing of heavy creamy French food with alcohol in this cafe! You have been warned

LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Black books -

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That Monty Python clip is a true classic

Life of Brian has always been my favourite though.
Never seen 'Black Books' before, I miss a lot of stuff because I don't have a TV anymore, just my laptop. It looks quite funny though.

I tell you what, this giving up smoking thing is a challenge, I keep automatically turning to my left where my cigarettes and ashtray would be to have a puff lol
I think I'll have a calming cup of valerian tea to take away the jitters! It's available in the cafe, ony £1.00 a mug.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Has anyone here given up smoking?
I'm on my 3rd day, I just stopped and gone cold turkey, it's crazy, feel all light headed.
Totally craving a hit of nicotine now though, I feel like a right junkie lol

Yes, I finally, totally gave it up in 2000 after 7 unsuccessful tries and I started smoking cigs at age 12. I got the monkey off my back and I'm loving it.

Well done you!
How long was it before you stopped craving the drug? Did you use a replacement nicotine thing or go cold turkey like I've forced on myself lol

I tried cold turkey and nicotine replacement for the 7 attempts and failed, then on the 8th time I asked my doctor for a drug that would stop the cravings, which it did for 3 months, and that was the total time I had to take it, and it worked very well.
edit on 17CDT01America/Chicago05610131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Ah some friends have had mixed success with some anti-craving drugs, some fantastic, other said mood swings and depression with it.
I can't take it because I'm on a drug controlling unexplained blackouts I have, tests, CT scans etc so it could interfere with that. I won't take the risk because up until a few weeks ago I was covered in bruises/cuts/grazes from hitting the floor and being unable to stop myself lol.

So cold turkey it is, and not as bad as I'd imagined after so many years smoking, I've got ants in my pants though, don't think I could clean my house any more than I have haha. Massive appetite as well, so I made a yuge cooking pot of healthy vegetable/noodle soup and take a cup full when I get cravings.
I'm drinking tons of water as well because I've given up alcohol until I am totally off nicotine, the drug I'm on makes me feel drunk after only two pints so I don't want to make a bad decision and think 'oh I'll just have one smoke, it'll be okay' lol

Well done you giving up

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You do know that there are trigger foods with cigs, such as if you have a coffee and cig in the morning - trigger, or if after a meal you light up a cig - trigger, so what you have to do is actually change your routine and/or habits where cigs played a major part. I took to eating raw carrots to deal with the increased appetite and found other things to do to change the times when I would have a cig; a sort of replacement therapy, if you will.

I wish you all the best of luck because it is difficult addiction to overcome. I am sorry to hear of your ill health, and hopefully you will overcome that too.
edit on 17CDT02America/Chicago02720231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes totally agree, I won't drink coffee either now, it is a massive trigger, same as alcohol, so I'm on valerian tea and cammomile tea, or water.
Carrots is a good shout, I'll get some tomorrow, even chopping them up uses the idle hands which want to smoke haha!

Thanks for the kind words, I was just massively pleased there was no brain tumour or anything, even if it is unexplained, the drug has controlled it so staying off the floor is life changing in itself!

...oh quick story, I posted on facebook that the CT scan had found nothing obviously abnormal with my brain, so of course all my mates have taken the piss like "The scanner must be broken" and "Ask for a second opinion coz we all know there is something wrong in your head" etc, proper funny banter!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I patched a stranger's wound.
He crashed his bike and had a split in his forehead.
Everybody over reacts to a little split.
I used my now ruined shirt to staunch the bleeding.
Washed the wound clean with some bottled water and sealed the leak with some medical tape.
On the house.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Did they also scan your neck just in case it is a vascular problem?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join