It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BoneSay
Definitely know who to back here haha, I'd be on your side lol

I was thinking about the guy on the streets drug thread and all that stuff, right now here outside i hear some crazy guys talking drunk and it came to mind, how someone can assume the cops will take care of things when they are like 20/40 minutes away and things can turn very bad in 5 minutes, i don't even know how people like that can be alive in this world lmao

I wanted to go to the store to buy a couple things but obviously i can't because i'm pretty sure if i go out there they will cause problems and no one is out there to help out, and there are like 4 drunk guys. How could i go out there?

that guy on the other thread is a complete fool

Now i think i'm "triggered" lmao just like US triggery people

Because of this www.abovetopsecret.com...

How do just don't bag the stuff and move the guy forward and instead spend 20+ hours complaining about it instead of 20 seconds just helping him out and moving on with your life? I don't get it at all

Guys gets triggered and complains that other guy got triggered and it turns into an entire day of triggering and excuses about why is being triggered... What is going on.......

And then i've been told i'm immature and unable to handle real world and relationships and mature enough to take care of other people lmao

To me, the world is complete turned around, when talking about the US
edit on 1-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Haha triggery world! I think the guy in the drug thread just doesn't like me for whatever reason and wants to argue.
You are right, when cops are an hour away citizens need to look out for each other, I wouldn't want that guy as a neighbour couldn't rely on him for sure.

I'm up for work again, done well this week, but it's gone cold here, hate it, wish I was in Mexico lol

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Haha triggery world! I think the guy in the drug thread just doesn't like me for whatever reason and wants to argue.
You are right, when cops are an hour away citizens need to look out for each other, I wouldn't want that guy as a neighbour couldn't rely on him for sure.

I'm up for work again, done well this week, but it's gone cold here, hate it, wish I was in Mexico lol

Get some good coffee lol, so nice for the cold days!

I bet that's the guy that always complains about neighbors looking up for everyone else but the day he gets mugged he yells for help and no one cares then he complains about lack of humanity and how everyone did not care about him at that time lmao

I bet once he gets stabbed he won't mind other people getting in the way and taking the guy down, or maybe he will just lay down and wait until the cops arrive an hour later and maybe he can make it. Dumb guy lol

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Mexico has become a bad place lately, it seems like everything is going to hell here, i don't want to get much into that but recent events related to the country on the north turned things bad around these places :/

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Lmao! Probably lives in a gated community with private security.
I live next to a gated community, TV celebrity there as well, they don't really like me because I haven't painted my house in 5 years lol.

...Mexico has some issues right now yes, about 6 million threads about it on ATS

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My tune for the day...
I'm knackered, been plastering all day, two full coats walls and ceilings.
Got a trainee/labourer now though and he's picked it up well, really enthusiastic and see's things that need doing before I need to ask. Nice guy as well, we share many traits so I enjoyed the banter as well.

I'm getting tired of plastering these days but as the only one who does it on the team of boys I/we share work together with I need to train someone up before I can hang up my trowel lol
Such a nice day, I've never really trained up anyone in my various career lives, my main teaching experience has been as a father, so I adopted a similar mindset and was all encouraging like "That was good, but to make it easier for you try doing blah..."
I proper smiled inside when he thanked me for teaching him today, I enjoyed teaching him, I really want him to learn how to make ugly crap plasterboarding work look beautiful with a trowel. Plastering/rendering is my art, I love shaping the material, especially freestyling with sexy curves instead of straight lines...ah, I digress lol
...he hasn't got Meniere's disease like I have (means I can't drive anymore) so he is also my driver now, he's a keeper haha.
Nearly the weekend folks

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My tune for the day...
I'm knackered, been plastering all day, two full coats walls and ceilings.
Got a trainee/labourer now though and he's picked it up well, really enthusiastic and see's things that need doing before I need to ask. Nice guy as well, we share many traits so I enjoyed the banter as well.

I'm getting tired of plastering these days but as the only one who does it on the team of boys I/we share work together with I need to train someone up before I can hang up my trowel lol
Such a nice day, I've never really trained up anyone in my various career lives, my main teaching experience has been as a father, so I adopted a similar mindset and was all encouraging like "That was good, but to make it easier for you try doing blah..."
I proper smiled inside when he thanked me for teaching him today, I enjoyed teaching him, I really want him to learn how to make ugly crap plasterboarding work look beautiful with a trowel. Plastering/rendering is my art, I love shaping the material, especially freestyling with sexy curves instead of straight lines...ah, I digress lol
...he hasn't got Meniere's disease like I have (means I can't drive anymore) so he is also my driver now, he's a keeper haha.
Nearly the weekend folks

"That was good, but to make it easier for you try doing blah..."

Unlike lots of people that would yell that it is done wrong and to get the hell out of the way and do something else lol

Jobs like that are cool, where you can express in ways instead of just doing repetitive mindless work like bagging stuff at a store or driving all day delivering pizza

Not saying it is bad work but i think it's a lot nicer to do work that people will enjoy and will exist even after we are gone

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I love seeing work I did with my mate who fell off a cliff, I see it every day, makes me smile and feel sad depending on my mood.
I loved encouraging the guy today, really connected with him as well, he totally gets how the plasterers are making the final finish, something beautiful, hiding the # work the plasterboarders constructed lol.
I'd never criticise, only ever encourage, it is the way forward!
Really enjoyed today, and just got a text from the guy saying thanks again for teaching him...I replied I enjoyed our day and get ready for the big walls and ceilings we have to do tomorrow lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Teaching people is not easy, I've taken a young lad from the village under my wing, he's 23 with learning difficulties and babied and told he's daft his whole life so it's hard getting him to stop believing he's useless.

On the upside he's a nice lady and I barely pay him anything really, he was the stepkids mate and they all kinda left him behind when they grew up and he carried on coming round every night and was helping for free as he gets lonely.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Teaching people is not easy, I've taken a young lad from the village under my wing, he's 23 with learning difficulties and babied and told he's daft his whole life so it's hard getting him to stop believing he's useless.

On the upside he's a nice lady and I barely pay him anything really, he was the stepkids mate and they all kinda left him behind when they grew up and he carried on coming round every night and was helping for free as he gets lonely.

So cool you are helping him so much, sometimes just some bit attention can help someone a lot, and feeling apreciated and useful can turn things around for some people

Kind of get how he may feel about the abandonment and feeling useless part but with help he will probably get over that in not too long

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Always wanted a Chihuaha but could afford one, now things are different so...

50% trembling, 50% anger management issues, so perfect! lmao

So went to get groceries and forgot the actual food but got the most essential stuff instead lol

Just kidding, i don't cook at all so i get all the food from the cook lady next block and just freeze it or pick it up daily from her kitchen place and so my fridge always looks like this

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Aw that's nice NS, the boys I work with always look past disabilities as well, we have a lad with severe autism works a couple of days a week, show him something once and he will follow instructions to the letter. He's even learning how to banter and piss-take. Work has been brilliant for him, as you say same, he was 'babied' in his special needs school.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Haha crazy looking dog, my cat would eat that!
I more noticed your clothes in the background lol, do you have an outfit for every day of the year?!
Lmao at your fridge, mine has just cheese ham and bacon in it, yours is a cornucopia of junk!

...can you send your cook lady around to my place please, I'll have Tapas for dinner after work tonight yes!

EDIT
What is the big round thing on the bottom shelf of your fridge, is it a cake? Share with the class yeh!
edit on 2-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Haha crazy looking dog, my cat would eat that!
I more noticed your clothes in the background lol, do you have an outfit for every day of the year?!
Lmao at your fridge, mine has just cheese ham and bacon in it, yours is a cornucopia of junk!

...can you send your cook lady around to my place please, I'll have Tapas for dinner after work tonight yes!

Chihuaha are crazy dogs lmao, but she's awesome too, weird and not from a good breed but i love her imperfections, she unique in that way

Sometimes kind of like the dog version of sphynx cats

Lol about the clothes, yes i can't part with any of them, but i only use like 12 or so at the time, others are from past months and even years, but can't give them up so just keeps adding up. I need a bigger room for all of them lmao

She only cooks hipster food so probably would not be a good fit out there lmfao

What is the big round thing on the bottom shelf of your fridge, is it a cake? Share with the class yeh!

Yes! lmao, imposible to live without one of those. Always have one around, who doesn't love cake?

edit on 2-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hipster food haha you nut!
Have a good day, I'm freezing my ass off waiting for my lift to work, so glad it's Friday.

EDIT
Lmao, yes cake is food of the gods! We share cake at work, cut into slices with a plastering trowel usually...typical scruffy builders lol
edit on 2-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hipster food haha you nut!
Have a good day, I'm freezing my ass off waiting for my lift to work, so glad it's Friday.

Here some cake

Not same one lmao but from last week, it was chokolate and so tasty, but i could not find the exact same one this week :/

Have Friday off so sleeping until 1 pm or so lmao

Maybe i should start eating real food as you all say, then i may stop being a walking bone lmao, don't know but will think about it

edit on 2-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

OMG that looks like filthy luxury, jealous as # haha!
Enjoy your lay in bed, I'm gonna sleep until midday for sure tomorrow.

...my lift is here, gotta work and pay the bills now.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

OMG that looks like filthy luxury, jealous as # haha!
Enjoy your lay in bed, I'm gonna sleep until midday for sure tomorrow.

...my lift is here, gotta work and pay the bills now.

Honestly i was living on a tuna can a day about a year ago lmao, so now i have some support and can feel a bit safe i try to make the best out of it

Have a good day and weekend too

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My song for this Friday, i had hear the song several years ago but now i kind of get a different feeling about it. That guy was awesome and as usual i learned he has died long ago, nothing good lasts forever and it's sad

This song is beautiful < 3

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Love your Friday song

I am proper tired, so glad Friday is done with haha, doing nothing tonight except ATS, I'll think of a happy weekend song to celebrate!

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join