It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Another (very) random one for the jukebox. I love Grandaddy and this is a Grandaddy/Joe 90 mash up:

Stray Dog and the Chocolate Shake

That Knickerbocker Glory was ace. Iced coffee please?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Haha, that was a silly track and video, I liked it a lot, cheery vibe to it. Good random selection.
I haven't had a Knickerbocker Glory since I was a kid...iced coffee coming up.

You up to much today? I was going to deep clean my bathroom, I started it but too hot, I'll do it tomorrow instead, procrastination and all that. Right now I'm hiding from the sun and will nip to the local shop when it goes down.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

How about a couple of slices of cheese on toast before the other half gets in to take over grandson sitting duties and I get to go to the pub for a couple(?) of dustbusters!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Be two minutes mate, any particular sauce? Worcester? Take your pick, by the cuttlery.
Pub o'clock eh, pity we can't get a licence for this place, ah well, bring your own works, so long as people buy food lol

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

....any particular sauce? Worcester? Take your pick, by the cuttlery.

People think I'm a heathen....no sauce for me, bit of cayenne pepper or freshly ground garlic salt and chilli.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That works for me!

Melted cheese on toast, the original fast food. Well, that and it's sibling and working partner, soft boiled egg.
We do a special at the caff, runny yolk fried egg on buttered toast with melted cheddar cheese on top, try it sometimes, perfect hangover food.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Special for me, please. Too hot to be doing anything. Work today, off tomorrow.

We have a gravelled area with a table and umbrella. Have found that if you hose down the gravel as it evaporates it cools you down. Top tip!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Omelette and salad today mate.

Going to be another scorcher, got to make the most of it - thunderstorms forecast all day tomorrow for these parts.

Got the grandson again today till, surprise surprise....pub o'clock!
Promised him we're going to play football today with a couple of his mates and their parents - think it'll kill me - hopefully he might have forgot because he hasn't mentioned it yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I think playing football in this heat would finish me off. Let's hope he does forget. Watering the garden is about all I can manage at the moment. The Mrs keeps on about me finishing the gravelling but no thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: InTheLight
Here you go...
...loving the French artist as well

All tunes welcome here.

Thanks, that's one fine looking cafe au lait. Ah, I love coffee.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

He still hasn't mentioned football, he's engrossed in Minecraft at the moment and he said he's going to 'kick my arse' at Mario Kart 8 later.

So it's a mug of Ringtons Tea for me and I'm going to watch a documentary on David Copeland....and maybe a quick nap!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Good luck. The nail bomber DC?

Iced coffee, please.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yeah, the London nail bomber....he really is a piece of #.

Been watching a few of these real life crime documentaries recently. As interesting as they can be after a while it all starts getting rather depressing. There seems to be no limits to mans capacity to hurt other people, sometimes for little or even no reason.
But its like a sort of morbid fascination, I just keep on watching another one.....

I'll be ready for a drink tonight when I get to the pub, not that I ever need an excuse!

In the meantime I'm going to have a cold drink and watch the weather....the sky seems to have darkened considerably and there's a 'smell in the air'.....I think the thunderstorms are going to hit earlier than forecast!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Special coming up, you won't be disappointed

Good tip with the gravel and the hose, it's not so bad here because I'm right on the coast on a cliff so got the sea breeze flitting through my house with all the windows and doors open. My house is a burglars paradise right now, all the windows are open full all the time, even when I'm out lol. There are million £ houses in my street though, I'm one of the poorest in my converted 200 year old stone cattle shed, so burglars are unlikely to target my place when the pickings across the road are much more attractive.

Omelette and salad on it's way, give you some energy for football

You got anywhere close you can go swimming like a lake or river? This is the weather for it, I'm going in the sea for a dip later, my son wants to do a bit of cliff jumping and I haven't jumped for a few weeks so the cliffs are calling me!

a reply to: InTheLight
haha

I treat coffee as a drug for the morning, I buy the cheapest nastiest instant coffee, pour it into a mug, add hot water then gulp it down as it makes me shudder! Honestly, it is purely a drug for me, the rougher the taste the better the shudder lol
...but when I'm staying in a hotel or whatever, a 'posh' coffee is nice, I can appreciate quality even if I am generally a savage with my coffee.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Has anyone here given up smoking?
I'm on my 3rd day, I just stopped and gone cold turkey, it's crazy, feel all light headed.
Totally craving a hit of nicotine now though, I feel like a right junkie lol

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Started smoking when I was

9 years old, now fast approaching 53!

Tried to go cold turkey a couple of months ago, was mental.
Started feeling terrible, light headed, the shakes, muscles aching, hot and cold sweats.

So now I'm trying to cut down, and its working - now I'm only smoking when I'm out.
I go out 4 or 5 nights a week, only smoke 4 or 5 a night so 'buying' between 20 and 30 a week at the most....or on OP's!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's nuts mate, I feel all shaky, jumpy, and lightheaded, absolutely gagging for a cig at the moment lol, but it comes and goes so I'll run with it. Many years ago I blew tens of thousands on a bad coke habit but when I'd caned all my money I just stopped, so I know I can do this but the withdrawal is pretty bad in the short term.

20-30 a week is not too bad, I was doing 50g of tobacco in hand rolled cig's every week. Shop in town sells it illegally smuggled in £13 a pouch, like old school dodgy traders, under the counter in brown paper bags lol

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did you call in a request this morning?!
Heard this on the way to office...

I don't think you all gave them any love except, maybe, for I'll be there for you (love the lyrics!). I heard this on FM quite a lot when I was younger.
The image that all of us have of each other (one country to the next) is pretty funny sometimes.

Let's see...I'd love a cat head biscuit with espresso gravy just like the ones at Biscuit Heads in Asheville near the Biltmore where a week and a half of chores was made not as bad with stunning views deep in the smokies.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I used to sell a few fags and a bit of baccy here and there but don't bother anymore, no money in it now and that many people getting grassed up - the potential penalty outweighs the potential profit.
And there's that much snide stuff going around, too easy to get a 'bad' name.
Selling fags draws attention, I like to fly under the radar.

Coke?
Can't really talk about such things here, don't want to contravene T&C's and get this thread shut down.

I used to love my first cigarette of the day.....once I realised that I could overcome that then it was no problem not smoking.
The problem with me is when I'm out drinking.
Drinking and smoking go hand in hand with me, back to the very early 80's when I first started drinking in pubs.

One of the pubs I used to have had no outside smoking area and it was on a main street with a 24 hour garage over the road.
Lots of bagheads, sessioners etc used to go to the garage all through the night so it was common for a police car or two to be parked there too.
Now I have never been a respecter of our antiquated licensing hours and most nights there'd be someone drinking with me after hours, at weekends there was many a time it'd still be packed out at three or four in the morning.
Jukebox would be playing, people playing pool etc - just general traditional pub life.
The coppers never minded people going to the garage and coming back in. In fact I was told that they didn't mind the after hours drinking, called stoppy backs up here, as long as they didn't get called for fighting etc, (which they never did, some 'handy lads' and local characters but they all knew the script), but, and here's the thing, if they ever suspected that anyone was smoking in the pub they would clamp down with a heavy, heavy hand.
It was a smokers nightmare.

I made sure the next pub I got had a large outside smoking area at the back of the pub away from prying eyes and no residences as such nearby.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Has anyone here given up smoking?
I'm on my 3rd day, I just stopped and gone cold turkey, it's crazy, feel all light headed.
Totally craving a hit of nicotine now though, I feel like a right junkie lol

Yes, I finally, totally gave it up in 2000 after 7 unsuccessful tries and I started smoking cigs at age 12. I got the monkey off my back and I'm loving it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join