It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: nonspecific

I was wondering where you were hiding

Dilly Dilly

Been a crazy year mate. In short I quit drinking boxing day last year finally, started taking ssri's which took a while to adjust to, then my stepson was killed in a motorcycle crash in March and the driver that hit him is up for death by dangerous driving, then my other stepsons best mate and kind of my adopted stepson(i think that eplains him? you know how it is) got drunk and fell in the river and died a few months back. So add in setting up a business, keeping the family looked after thtough the combined grief and kinda rebuilding the house theres not been much time for conspiracy and bollocks chit chat lol.

Hows you?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Haha yes mate!

You up for Exmouth scooter festival next summer in principle???
Updates in the banter cafe would be funny as #!
EDIT
...camping, music, 2 nights, only £20 tickets all in for the weekend, do it man, loads of time to plan, train changes at Exeter St Davids mainline for Exmouth and only short walk to the thing with a backpack...you could do it easy...you know you want to haha

PM me the details mate, supposed to be taking the stepdaughters on tour next school holidays as both musicians and performers and have a big old minibus to convert into a tourbus over the winter so if i can get them on the bill its a done dealio.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Freeborn is the man watching when tickets go on sale n stuff, I said same to him shout me.
Van plan sounds cool as #, get it ready for a meet up, something fun to focus on with all the stuff I saw you said happen, sad to hear that mate, life is a #er sometimes.
...but you know you wanna do Exmouth scooter rally, be a right proper laugh haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Wow you have had a rough time bud glad you came through that still with a sense of humour at least and things at home are good for you , know where you are coming from with the adopted son my one tried to kill himself 4 months ago over a girl ? got to him in time luckily , but things with me are good , had 6 heart attacks and still smoking like a trooper and i am on this stupid stoptober ?? 22 days of tea ba humbug

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
You up for Exmouth scooter rally next year then?
It could be a right laugh.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

If i am alive and kicking why not , i am just hoping to get to Christmas again this year

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Same, I haven't planned yet, Crimbo is more a dread at the moment lol
You'll do it!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It will give me something to look forward to and aim for and i could do with going on Manoeuvres for a while ,outer Mongolia is boring me and i feel the need for a holiday so why not kill two birds with one stone

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Exactly man, chase the madness,just £20 weekend camping and pass, train to Exmouth lol easy done!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Sounds good pm me as i will forget and i am planning renting my house and spending a few months in the sun over the winter as i feel this is going to be a cold one like 76 again this year , save on the heating bills as my old bones hate minus 30+ .

It would be good to spend some time going round all the museums down your way and catch a festival , I have friends all along that coast from Bristol to Plymouth , sounds good , its about time the Brits had a party

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That sounds a good plan for winter, I've escaped a few times for 6 month stretches in SE Asia, if I had the cash I'd do it every year, but I don't, I'm lazy and work as little as I need to being self employed. This time of year I always kick myself that I didn't work hard enough to escape the winter, I'm a fool to myself to be fair.

A southwest tour I'd definitely recommend, it's lovely down here. You can camp on lots of beaches for free without being hassled, just stick away from the touristy ones which are managed by the local authorities.
Will def shout when I hear about the Exmouth music and scooter rally going on for sure, Freeborn has got me well into the idea now haha.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I remember my dad gave us a playmobil set and other stuff I can't remember how it was named, from stuff he had saved since he was a kid

i always thought it was magical and like American in ways i did not knew but you could tell it was a different way of playing lmao, i loved it and I don't know what happened to it later on but this son from a Spain band brings up all the imagination and pretend you get out of those toys < 3

i am somewhere right now, don't even know where lol, but i just wanted to say hi now that i have wifi for a bit

edit on 23-10-2018 by BoneSay because: i think the other stuff was lego pieces, and we built houses and boats and stuff like that, it was magical

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

A seed has been sown and there's the basis of a plan coming together now.....

Never spent anytime in the South West and I'm always being told its one of the most beautiful parts of the country and is steeped in history etc.

So....start of with a weekend of excess in Exmouth then tour about the SW for three weeks or so then finish at Beautiful Days in mid-August.
www.beautifuldays.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Haha that was a quirky video

I loved my Lego as a kid, I had boxes of it and would let my imagination run wild.
Good to read you are safe on your travels, free wifi, don't you just love it.
I remember many times not knowing where I was while traveling, nobody who could speak English, and no mobile phone either, great fun!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
That would be a great tour mate, you'll notice the difference immediately because there is so little heavy industry down here spoiling the views. Think Redcar beach without that 'scenic' Steelworks behind it.
I'd love to do Beautiful Days next year as well, gonna have to get my head down working methinks lol
...Panackelty is on special today, all you can eat for a fiver!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Deal me in for an extra large helping of panackelty....and a large mug of piping hot Yorkshire Tea.
Will have a read of The Racing Post whilst I'm waiting.

Obviously fancy taking a trip up carpy's neck of the woods and take in Stonehenge and Avebury then maybe pop over to Bath where my brother lives.
Then maybe a look down to Glastonbury - can't really remember much about the place - then across to Exmoor, Woolacombe etc, down to Tintagel, Port Isaac and down the coast to Lands End.
Then along the south coast taking in The Lizard etc and all the sights, beaches and towns before finishing up at Escot Park for Beautiful Days.

So much to see and do and so little time really.

That's sort of a loose plan, will make definite plans in the New Year once rally dates are announced, they start revealing Beautiful Days line-up and Chrimbo is out the way.
May even have a partner in crime for the full trip.

A bit of music to get in the mood;

Loads more to follow over the coming months.....

As for Redcar.....got lots of very good mates who live in Redcar and it is a good day out on the lash.

A traditional British seaside town, its seen better days but they're very good people who've been sold down the river by a corrupt council and amoral multi-nationals companies and large employers.

The view from the beach is crap though with steelworks, offshore wind farm, oil tankers etc....and the 'vertical pier' is a joke and the source of continual merriment!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
What a cool plan

I've obviously done all those places, (except your brothers house lol), think you'll find The Lizard better than Lands End, but Tintagel, wow, if it is a rough day it's a fantastic visit., how they built it all those years ago with rickety wooden scaffolding goodness knows.

Top tunes again, and Redcar, yes, I bet the closure of the steelworks has stung them all big time. No surprise to me that you've had a few pints that way, I'd be shocked if you said you hadn't!
Vertical pier lmao

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My vote for the Lizard, too. Mousehole is nice but a bit touristy.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Mousehole? The Lizard?

What is going on? Have we morphed into a David Attenborough documentary? Have i missed something? [going for a lie down.......]

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

What's it to you? Pokenose.

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join