It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The landlord is a good mate of mine and more often than not a partner in crime.

He ended up having a very early night Saturday as well.

I was bored rigid Saturday night.....ended up having to have a conversation with the missus.
That didn't last long.

Never again.

Thinking about going here next weekend but I've left it very late and don't think I can get digs.

Going to bust a gut trying to get some though.

Couple of video's of Bridlington 2017.
Got to say, not typical of the music heard on a scooter rally.

ETA.
Flyer from wrong year, put this years flyer up now!

edit on 22/10/18 by Freeborn because: Correct flyer

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
That looks brilliant mate

I've never been that into scooters, more a trail bike man myself, but I admire some of them, the work the riders put into their pride and joy.
I'd go to that rally if I lived in the area though, the scooter scene boys I've always found a good laugh.
...I'm liking the music listed, especially the classic ska and reggae.
Hope you find a room at the inn.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Scooter rally's are great.

Fantastic music, brilliant people.

Next year's national rally dates get announced in January.
If Exmouth is on again next year I'll meet you there!

This years rally;

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ah I haven't been to Exmouth in ages, only £20 for the weekend pass and camping, that is a bargain!
I'll definitely try to make that, jump on a train be brilliant. Shout me about it when you know tickets go on sale, be a good laugh to share an ale or two at that, should be an ATS meet-up, get OldCarpy to come as well, I'll get him mullered on scrumpy.

Exmouth have done well getting the national rally gig, I bet it brings loads of cash into the town.
...I don't recommend their nightclub though, full of Royal Marines fighting with locals and bouncers lol

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ahem. Scooters?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Yeh man!
Did you ever have one or are you more motorbike like me?
Come on, we'll be like mods for the weekend

EDIT
I'm in love with the '60s looking chick on the poster, she sold it to me in an instant haha
edit on 22-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

A mate of mine from Doncaster has the fastest legal road going scooter in the UK.....125mph on ten inch wheels, not for the faint hearted!

He once threw me the keys at about 2 o'clock in the morning after a very heavy session.....one of my wisest decisions when I decided not to take him up on the offer!

Not all Scooterists are Mods.....far from it.

Come on mate, I assure you, you'll have a great time.

Mind you, I won't be riding down....far too old for that nonsense, train or plane for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Exmouth have done well getting the national rally gig, I bet it brings loads of cash into the town.

National rally's bring massive amounts of money into local businesses.
Nearly everyone who goes to these rally's go with every intention of having a really good time.

Gone are the days of fighting between rival groups or clubs and at nearly every rally I've been to police presence is minimal and friendly.

...I don't recommend their nightclub though, full of Royal Marines fighting with locals and bouncers lol

I've only ever been to a couple of nightclubs on a rally, always plenty of scooter orientated group's and do's on.
Few drinks and things in the campsite afterwards....all lends itself to a great time.

There's usually a National Rally at Woolacombe as well, that's near your neck of wood as well isn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

My parents live a 2 minute walk from the Bridlington rally, always see them every year.

And no, there isnt any trouble. In fact the closest to trouble is figuring out how some of the more....er rotund.....are getting anywhere on their scooters!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sounds fantastic and yep yep I'm well keen now. Woolacombe is one of my favourite beaches in the South West, harder for me to get to though as I can't drive anymore, it would be a million local buses lol, Exmouth is easy, train to Exeter then change for the last stage.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Should come to the Exmouth bash mate
ATS banter cafe meet-up would be cool as #, same banter but with beer haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Exmouth sounds good if its on.
Pick Flavian up at York then taxi from Exeter to Exmouth.

Meet you and carpy, and anyone else who fancies it then two days of beer, giggles, music and scooters!

Oh, and taking money off you on the pool table.

Really hope its on now.

Some Rally classics;

Apologies if I've posted any of these before.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'll get the train through from Exeter to Exmouth, cabs are a rip off if I can just switch trains. I'm well up for it haha.
Something fun to think of as #ty winter approaches, honestly if Britain was warm all year it would be the best country in the world.

Good tunes man, 'carpets I know full well, they were part of my afterparty chilling tunes smoking with mates playing playstation...micro machines, mortal kombat, worms et al

Have a think Flavian, Carpy, and anyone else, could be a right good laugh...and I'll make a few quid for my beers beating y'all at pool in between music and scooters.

EDIT
Just saw my son and he's up for it as well, so I've got my wing-man in case you are all secret psycho killers haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just saw my son and he's up for it as well,....

The more the merrier and I'm sure there'll be people there who I know....South Devon in the height of summer, who could resist it?

..... so I've got my wing-man in case you are all secret psycho killers haha

There's nothing secret about it....

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Haha North East meets South West!
I'd love Solo to come as well, reckon he'd be a right laugh if we don't talk politics, he's funny as #.
How many really active Brits are even on ATS? It's like 20 or 30 of us lol, scooter rally would be a great meet-up, loads of time to plan as well, this should be a mission of adventure and laughs!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It'd be great if solo, sapien and sceptic all came.
Get lots of Scots on rally's and Kelso is one of the best rally's going - first time I ever went to a silent disco was at Kelso, literally pissed myself laughing!

There's quite a few Brit members, not as many or as active as before though.

Sadly Nick and blup are no longer with us - never forgotten - but I know they'd have loved having a meet up and will be with us in spirit.

Got to wait until January to see if its on first then start making arrangements.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'd love as many Brit ATS members make it as possible, we all get on pretty well even when we disagree, be a laugh getting pissed up together camping with good tunes though for sure.
Fallen members yes of course, raise a drink or three, I've been around for a while on ATS even if my profile is only from last year, I miss their reasoned opinions in many ways in threads.

...it'll be on for sure, exciting thoughts through winter waiting for tickets to go on sale haha

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'd love as many Brit ATS members make it as possible, we all get on pretty well even when we disagree, be a laugh getting pissed up together camping with good tunes though for sure.
Fallen members yes of course, raise a drink or three, I've been around for a while on ATS even if my profile is only from last year, I miss their reasoned opinions in many ways in threads.

...it'll be on for sure, exciting thoughts through winter waiting for tickets to go on sale haha

I am always lurking whats occouring to save me scrolling up and tiring my thumb?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I was wondering where you were hiding

Dilly Dilly

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Haha yes mate!

You up for Exmouth scooter festival next summer in principle???
Updates in the banter cafe would be funny as #!
EDIT
...camping, music, 2 nights, only £20 tickets all in for the weekend, do it man, loads of time to plan, train changes at Exeter St Davids mainline for Exmouth and only short walk to the thing with a backpack...you could do it easy...you know you want to haha

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join