It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wrong edit
edit on 16-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: skunkape23

a reply to: InTheLight
WTF is an inch?
2.54 centimers.

WTF is a centimer???!

Oh wait he said centimer not centipede
lmao

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
good morning banter, can i have that centipide pls?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

And here I was thinking centimer is like oldtimer....you know

child (0-10)
teenager (10-19)
young adult (20-25)
adult (25-65)
old timer(65-99)
centimer(+100)

How you measure things with that unit is beyond me...

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
A reminder to never ride a dirtbike at 5 am through the city while under heavy rain just because you are feeling frustrated and angry.. :/

now my left knee is twice its normal size, hand all messed up

Lesson learned

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Metric is king of units!
1 litre of water weighs 1 kg
0C is frozen water, 100C is boiling water
A cubic metre of water is one metric tonne, and 1mm makes way more sense that a sixteenth of an inch lol

Haha you nutter!!
I haven't done stupid # like that for years lol
I miss having a bike, fastest I've ever ridden myself was 160mph when I was 15 on a CBR1100, totally illegal of course but I didn't care about such things back then.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

a reply to: operation mindcrime
Metric is king of units!
1 litre of water weighs 1 kg
0C is frozen water, 100C is boiling water
A cubic metre of water is one metric tonne, and 1mm makes way more sense that a sixteenth of an inch lol

Haha you nutter!!
I haven't done stupid # like that for years lol
I miss having a bike, fastest I've ever ridden myself was 160mph when I was 15 on a CBR1100, totally illegal of course but I didn't care about such things back then.

Must be awesome, too heavy for me but i can imagine the thrill

i had just bought a nice helmet couple weeks ago, it fell off after i rolled and i could not find it. had to get moving so someone will have a new helmet this morning :|

farewell beautiful helmet, our time was short but i loved you while it lasted

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I wasn't wearing a helmet when I was racing around on the CBR, it was in the days before CCTV and our cops had crap cars which could only do about 100mph max so you could escape easy lol. I figured if I crashed at high speed then I'd rather die instantly so didn't bother with the helmet.
EDIT
I ditched the bike eventually after a chase when I got a dead end, no escape so swam across a river and flicked the bird to the cops when I got to the other side lol, nearest bridge was a mile back upstream they had no chance catching me, I disappeared into the housing estate.

edit on 16-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I wasn't wearing a helmet when I was racing around on the CBR, it was in the days before CCTV and our cops had crap cars which could only do about 100mph max so you could escape easy lol. I figured if I crashed at high speed then I'd rather die instantly so didn't bother with the helmet.
EDIT
I ditched the bike eventually after a chase when I got a dead end, no escape so swam across a river and flicked the bird to the cops when I got to the other side lol, nearest bridge was a mile back upstream they had no chance catching me, I disappeared into the housing estate.

lmao that sounds so cool, i never ventured above 100 km/h

don't know about cctv here, hope there were none, otherwise i'll be in trouble very soon

Lmao about the crappy cop cars, reminds me of the cop on the Stylo video from Gorillaz lmao

what happened to the bike? Would be sad if it was a complete lose

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Cops impounded the bike, probably got sold in auction, it wasn't registered in my name.
They had crap cars back in the day though, it was easy to escape lol, I drove through malls in chases, proper movie type situations haha, not suggesting it as something to do though, just stories of days past.
EDIT
Watching the Stylo vid haha yes! That was my world!

edit on 16-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Been an absolute crap couple of weeks or so.

Lots of stuff happening in real life.....including four people close to me dying in separate circumstances.

One the partner of one of the few cousins I actually like and have time for.

The other three all good friends who I'd known for about 40 odd years....one of them was one of my closest friends during my teenage years.

'Business' stuff all sorted one way or another, just got to deal with things and get on with it.
The world doesn't stop turning for anyone.

Anyway, there's always beer...and the Only Band that Mattered;

Bollocks to it, go for the treble with a song that contains some of the greatest lines ever written.....you'll know when you hear.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Mate what a nightmare, good tunage choice though.
My mates missus had a stroke and fractured her skull a few weeks ago falling down the stairs, proper good mates like my bro and sista, I just walk in if the front door is not locked, she was having a laugh again just now though, made me smile.
...just missed some crazy guy with a machete in town, my son phoned me knowing I was out, I didn't see anything but I would have run like # if I had lol, nobody hurt, he got tased by cops.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I saw your posts about your mates missus....one of my mates died falling down the stairs pissed.
He was 54.
I didn't say anything before because I didn't want to seem like trivialising what you were going through.

Its all a veritable #storm....but you just got to come through it.

My cousins partner died after a long and very courageous fight against cancer....not really a surprise, just sad.
Possibly a relief in some ways....but not for my cousin and his kids.

Another mate died very suddenly of a massive heart attack at 52.
Had a few pints with him a month or so back.
Proper character who'll get a good send off.

Don't want to go into the details of my other friend.
Very dear to me and will be sorely missed.

My other issues have bizarrely proved quite a welcome distraction and they have all been boxed off and sorted....one way or another.

Life goes on mate, got to take what comes at you and deal with it head on.

Life's too short, life's too precious....it ain't a dress rehearsal, one chance only at it.

Anyway, I don't come here to whine on about my woes; one last song for my dear friend....

A great band with a live version of a song that always makes me smile;

And finally another song from back in the day that always puts a smile on my face;

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Don't want to go into the details of my other friend.
Very dear to me and will be sorely missed.
I know your pain, lost my mate and working partner a few years ago, we were the dream team, I spent more time with him than his missus, the twat fell off a cliff watching sunrise off his nut...only now getting over it with a new guy I'm working with, he's #ed up emotionally as well, killed his brother after he fell from one punch. Did 3 years for manslaughter.
Irish coffees on the house.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Slainte my friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Back at ya mate

This our song, we used to sing it to each other lol, I inherited his De Walt site radio, I cherish it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Got to laugh.

As varied my taste in music is I have to say my friends tastes were horrendous at times.

One of the 'better' one's.

A group of us would be in a house drinking cider and playing records, 45's not 78's!, bit of punk, bit of Ska, bit of all sorts really....then we'd be asked to play this and some really cheesy disco....imagine the responses....but we always did.

Good days.....

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Haha I like that, chilled and relaxed.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Cops impounded the bike, probably got sold in auction, it wasn't registered in my name.
They had crap cars back in the day though, it was easy to escape lol, I drove through malls in chases, proper movie type situations haha, not suggesting it as something to do though, just stories of days past.
EDIT
Watching the Stylo vid haha yes! That was my world!

But now i have been influenced.... will have to go check if i can do that too
lmao

YouTube down today around these parts, lame lame lame stuff :/

First i did not get it at all lol, this came up when coming to check what's up, all videos showing up like this

:S

No video today so i offer this mexican food from a Cantina we got today, was very good actually

And bikes are way so much fun, will never give up on them

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Back at ya mate

This our song, we used to sing it to each other lol, I inherited his De Walt site radio, I cherish it.

I love that song he he he

Here's my Mexican song for the day, now that the Tube is back

The guy looks like a completely poser whimp, but i did like the song so here it goes

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join