It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Londons on Fire!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Haha good shout!
I love the gulls to be fair, they wake me up every morning like a natural alarm clock, but why they are protected goodness only knows, there are zillions of them.
The council give us gull-proof sacks for our rubbish that is excess for our wheely bins, otherwise they'll just rip them open and rubbish is strewn around the street.
I was BBQing yesterday and had 3 sat on my wall looking down waiting for any chance to steal food, they really are the thugs in bird life.
I can't blame them nesting on our roofs either, we stole their cliffs building houses on them. They are fantastic thieves though...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

And his mate Glenn Freys classic beauty....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Mate - lets keep the songs authentic, otherwise I may have to slip a falafel or 2 into your English Breakfast

high school memories..
Seals & Croft

Oh wow, never heard this version before, I really like it, love matey's voice!

...didn't deserve to be lost at the bottom of the last page.
EDIT
I like falafels

edit on 25-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It's an EU directive to protect gulls. I'm not one for random killing and I'm closer to hippie ideals than most. Look after the environment, don't litter etc.

The gulls though are becoming pests like too many pigeons or having vermin in the streets and alleys. Get urban gulls right back to about 10% and use the dead to feed the growing number of rough sleepers lol. "Get your free bird burgers! Try these new gull down sleeping bags!!"

That video is f****** awesome! Reminds me of the penguin off Wallace and Grommit.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It surprised me, dragged me into the 80's feel again, loved the girls hair in the video haha!
I forgot about shoulderpads in their dresses and tops lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Get urban gulls right back to about 10% and use the dead to feed the growing number of rough sleepers lol. "Get your free bird burgers! Try these new gull down sleeping bags!!"
Food and warmth, could fill a thousand sleeping bags with the feathers of gulls in my street!
Pity we can't legally hunt them though, I don't hunt for sport, I only kill things to eat them, mainly rabbits and fish, but free gull breasts would be cool as. I'd be eating gull every day if I was allowed to kill them.
Not as much meat as you'd expect though, the zillions of feathers per square inch make them look bigger than they are.

I caught one in my garden trying to steal my BBQ'd food last week, had him by the neck and gave him a bitch slap before throwing him in the air to fly away lol

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I suppose all the overnight pizza, litter and puke off pavements leaves the meat a little...grim?

Urban pigeons are said to be nasty to taste as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The one gull I've ever cooked and eaten was nice enough, maybe a fish eater not kebab fan. What am I saying, they'll eat anything, even each other lol
Got my mind thinking about Alfred Hitchcocks 'The Birds' hadn't watched it for years so been browsing clips on youtube.
I was genuinely telling the woman to 'Get out FFS!' watching this scene. I reckon the film still holds its own even in the cgi world of today...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Mate - dont tell me you didnt have one of these shirts with the buttons on the side?

www.i80s.com...

Shirts with zippers – Some of these had buttons as well. The zippers or buttons were put on the shirts in a way that it opened diagonally from the shoulder area. When opened the shirt would have this triangular shape flapping on your chest.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Wasn't life so much easier back then?

Apart from the usual girl/boy/love/lust dynamics?

And though I know all about those men
    Still I don't remember
    'Cause it was us
    Baby, way before then, and we're still together
    And I meant
    Every word I said
    When I said that I loved you I meant that I loved you forever

Dance in bars and restaurants,
    Home with anyone who wants,
    Strange he's standing there alone,
    Staring eyes chill me to the bone

edit on 25-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Looking after the grandson today until its pub o'clock later on tonight.
Currently introducing him to the world of Avatar.

Doubt I'll be popping in today apart from perhaps a couple of flying visits.
So I'll grab a regular coffee for me and a fruit shoot for the grandson.

Had some Social Distortion on earlier, the bairn had me bopping around with him so here's a taster of the legend that is Mike Ness and Social Distortion

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Couple of interesting tracks there mate

I hated the 80's, I was a kid and my family was poor. the 90's was my favourite for carefree fun, illegal raves/free parties, lots of dancing and laughter.
I really like the Grace Jones track, didn't know she was a singer, I'd heard of her but didn't know what she was famous for lol

a reply to: Freeborn
Haha loving the energy of Social Distortion, I bet a live gig with them would have been wild!
Grandson minding eh? I bet that's nice, I've got it all to come now my lad has settled down with his girlfriend in the house next door to me, I'll be the first shout for babysitting for sure.#
He's not planning on kids but neither were me and his mother when she became pregnant with him lol

Coffee and fruit shoot coming up, enjoy your day.
I'm out for a bit now, gotta deep clean my bathroom (the joys), but the cafe is still open if anyone wants to pop in for a chat or stick some tunes on the jukebox

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well Perth's just gone through a mini-storm, the nights winding down ( trans: the missus has hit the TV ), in the spirit of the Cafe lets keep it Euro Centric and get some girls dancing for us

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

thanks for that about Chepstow/

LOL about Kangaroo - so expensive here in Oz, like our seafood mainly for export I guess.

I'd check twice to see if that was real roo meat you're paying for.

inews.co.uk...

Lidl is the last UK supermarket to agree to pull kangaroo steaks from its shelves, following Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and, most recently, Iceland

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

They were the original writers
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Someone mention Europe?

Final Countdown

It's a lovely old hymn, isn't it?

Can I have a Knickerbocker Glory, please? They look lush and I haven't had one since I was a kid in Wimpey's.

Loved the Top of the Pops dancing. Jimmy Saville, though. Looking back it should have been obvious, really. Someone (probably Viz) said the reason they put all that jangly jewellery on him was much the same as why they put bells on cat's collars.

I'm feeling grumpy cos of this heat so am going to grump. What is it with SUV's? They are all #e and you can't tell one from the other. I recently had an insurance hire SUV - a Ford Kuga. No idea why they gave me an SUV to replace a 2 seater soft top. Too big without having much more space than a normal car and it handled like a drunken badger with an inner ear infection. First diesel I have driven and hopefully the last. Like driving a bloody van. Actually I hired a VW Transporter van once and that was quite fun to drive.

The TV adverts for SUV's get on my thruppenny bits too - its all beardy hipster twats grinning and looking incredibly smug and pleased with themselves.

I feel better now. "Nurse - the screens!"

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

My grandson is great, proper lads lad....never be a Generation Snowflake kind of kid.

Seems like I make a better granddad than I ever did Dad....was always too busy earning a crust when my daughter was younger. I was the epitome of 'worked hard, played harder'.
Still playing hard...just not as often.

I got into The Stone Roses very early as my brother lived in Manchester in the mid80's to late 90's and I was lucky enough to go to The Hacienda in its prime....great times.

So, another couple for the jukebox, Stone Roses featuring Reni at his very best.

And the song that probably got me going to raves...I had a lot to learn!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
@ TheConstruKctionofLight
Lol, I don't care what I'm eating so long as it tastes okay, I've eaten allsorts, deep fried tarantula, bats, and unknown insects. I'll try anything while travelling, if it's good for the locals...
I liked the top of the pops vid, but I'm with oldcarpy, Jimmy Saville has tainted the brand somewhat. There's a youtube showing him actually feeling some girl up live on air!

@ oldcarpy
Heat getting to you mate? Come west to the coast, nice sea breeze.
PMSL "beardy hipster twats grinning and looking incredibly smug and pleased with themselves" haha I get ya! Jump in that paddling pool and cool down before you boil over and kick the cat!
On Saville, me and my twin sister wrote to his 'Jim'll fix it' show when we were 8, we thank our lucky stars he didn't write back.
...knickerbocker glory coming up, on the house for making me laugh at the hipster twats!

a reply to: Freeborn
I'd love to be a grandad, I almost have empty nest syndrome since my son got his own house, even though he only lives next door lol. He's 21 and not a snowflake either, two of my most common lines to him were "Who ever told you life was fair?" (my dad's line to me when I was a kid) and "Suck it up buttercup", he actually despairs with snowflakes his own age and older still bumming off their parents. He couldn't wait to move out haha, but I left home at 16 so it could be genetic free roaming spirit.

Hacienda??? Jealous as #! I never made it there but it was the temple of dance which we all knew about and that we should have made a pilgrimage to! Don't get me wrong I had massive fun at raves and an amazing converted church nightclub in Devon which had an entertainment licence until 8am but no drinks licence. People only drunk water anyway, and this was before the days of RedBull so they'd serve caffeine and energy drinks pouring scoops of powder in and mixing it.
I only really drank water, I was able to dance and stay up all night with my own sweets.

Now the Stone Roses! Again, part of my life...they'd be played after crazy nights chilling on someones sofa playing Sega.

EDIT
I just played Insanity and I've had goosebumps on my arms and flashbacks of memories I haven't thought of in a long while. Nice one mate, that will always be a classic!
edit on 25-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join