It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
movie is Battle for Sevastopol, i remember i watched on Netflix

I just watched it with English subtitles, brilliant film, really enjoyed.
Trailer for anyone interested...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BoneSay
"Lamb" are not local but we have mutual friends, Lou's voice is as beautiful live as it is recorded.
Lmao at doing what Mexican cops say or foreign spy!

I like the Crystal Castles track, will search a bit more of them.
...and every 'Arnie' movie is funny, I can never take him seriously. Total Recall is hilarious and cheesy, but a good watch.

Lazy Sunday for me, few drinks with a mate now just getting ready for Monday, might actually do 5 days this week working, not looking forward to it but gotta pay to play so has to be done. I've got a brilliant tactic now, my son who lives next door starts work before me so he knocks my door when he leaves to make sure I wake up lol, if I don't answer he'll come in and shout at me to get up.

Lol my brother does the same, we about 8 hour difference in time so when he goes for lunch at about 2 pm he calls me and wakes me up, at 6 am, then i drag myself to the shower, eat something half asleep and go out lol

Nothing better than someone taking care of waking you up lmao

People are going to think something is wrong with you, working all days and all that

I also liked this song from Crystal Castles, it is a bit weird but they sound great

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Pmsl

I buy the cheapest coffee for the morning to work, I treat it like a drug

Coffee is a drug and is addictive, but I always bought the finest coffee as a reward for working so hard.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I drink instant and only have nice coffee with an Irish occasionally. If I lived on proper coffee I would be bouncing off the walls!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I drink instant and only have nice coffee with an Irish occasionally. If I lived on proper coffee I would be bouncing off the walls!

I didn't live on coffee, just two in the morning and a cafe au lait in the afternoon.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have hiked over 20 miles in the last few days in a new pair of boots.
They need some breaking in.
I have some serious blisters and swollen redness.
Ouchies.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Haha, it is pretty lame how pathetic I am getting up in the morning, I've always been the same, since school.
I like that track as well, and yes weird, but I have a place in my musical heart for weird so all good.

I only drink coffee in the morning, one dirty black cup in bed after first waking, then one before I leave for work. I agree, more expensive coffee has a nicer taste, but it really is just a drug to me. Now tea on the other hand I am fussy about that, can you believe some people actually put the milk in before the boiling water?!!! Heathens, I tell thee!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Oh man, new boots is a killer! Do you have good wilderness to hike where you are? Bears and snakes n stuff as well?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Haha, it is pretty lame how pathetic I am getting up in the morning, I've always been the same, since school.
I like that track as well, and yes weird, but I have a place in my musical heart for weird so all good.

I only drink coffee in the morning, one dirty black cup in bed after first waking, then one before I leave for work. I agree, more expensive coffee has a nicer taste, but it really is just a drug to me. Now tea on the other hand I am fussy about that, can you believe some people actually put the milk in before the boiling water?!!! Heathens, I tell thee!

For me it was all about rewarding myself, and still is.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another weekend successfully negotiated, finished off with a Vindaloo at 1.00am.

All is good.

Fancy a bit of good old fashioned panackelty with some crusty bread, don't suppose you've got a pan on the go?

A mixed bag of tunes for the juke box then I'm going to settle down, read a book and then maybe watch some crap tv.

Dexy's cover of a Northern Soul classic - for me its the best version I've heard.

A Scooter classic.

edit on 8/10/18 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
After work pint on a friday with the lads is my reward.
Coffee is a mere tool to help me get up and out for work

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

After work pint on a friday with the lads is my reward.
Coffee is a mere tool to help me get up and out for work

I have many types of rewards too, fine coffee being the main one during working hours.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Good weekend then

I had to google panackely, that looks amazing mate, will get chef prepping ready for the morning, it will be tomorrow's special on the menu!
I don't know any of those tunes so will have a listen, nice one.
I actually worked for a monday haha, definitely chilling tonight. I'm watching youtubes of people refusing to give details to UK cops when they have no suspicion of a crime lol hilarious, but then I found this random film from Plymouth, no idea of the backstory, might have been a prop for a US show at the theatre or something. Can't imagine any reason for an NYPD car to be there.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lol I consider Mc Donalds coffee to be 'fine' compared to the brew I make from Tesco's Value brand.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Lol I consider Mc Donalds coffee to be 'fine' compared to the brew I make from Tesco's Value brand.

McDonalds does a nice cup of coffee, I would have to agree.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
McDonalds does a nice cup of coffee, I would have to agree.

Yes, and with a breakfast double sausage and egg muffin it sets me up well for any jobs when I'm working out of town, even better if it is a long drive so I can have a nap and shut my eyes in the passenger seat.

@freeborn Good tune choices for the jukebox

...I'm still watching random people arguing with UK authority on youtube, funny as and my fave are refusing to give details to a cop unless he has reasonable suspicion of a crime, I do it every time just because I can, not that you ever see any cops on the beat anymore lol

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Texas hill-country.
My left ring toe is wrapped in bandage.
It is an act of will to not noticably limp.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm imagining rattlesnakes cactus and tumbleweed now!
Maybe a Stetson or three?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm imagining rattlesnakes cactus and tumbleweed now!
Maybe a Stetson or three?
Sombreros and Gilligan hats. Shotguns and pistols.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds like my world minus the pistols, we aren't legally allowed to play with them.
Go on though tell me you have rattlesnakes cactus and tumbleweed yeh?!

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join