It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I always thought Shakira was Mexican ha ha ha, turns out she's from Colombia

No matter what, she's so awesome, this song hits me he he, sorry to get all dummy here, i kind of going through dumb stuff. I need a beer

edit on 1-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Ah I knew she was Colombian but never heard this track, I only knew 'hips don't lie' haha.
Sounds lovely singing in Spanish even if I don't understand what she is saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Ah I knew she was Colombian but never heard this track, I only knew 'hips don't lie' haha.
Sounds lovely singing in Spanish even if I don't understand what she is saying.

I am kind of falling in love with her voice

this is the original track, from when it was like 1996 or something

Beautiful voice, i wish i have found her before, she's so different in that picture

edit on 2-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Couple of your local pasties please and a large brew please.

Getting a bit nippy up here the last few days, had a coat on this morning when I was out and about and just turned the heating on!

Going to read a book for an hour or two before going to pick the grandson up from school.

A night of relaxation is planned - maybe watch the darts and listen to some music.

A couple of tunes for the jukebox;

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A friend from Chile just showed me what real Mexican music is like, i repent of my ways, this is way beyond what i assumed, i don't even know now..

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Getting a bit nippy up here the last few days, had a coat on this morning when I was out and about and just turned the heating on!

Going to read a book for an hour or two before going to pick the grandson up from school.

A night of relaxation is planned - maybe watch the darts and listen to some music.

A couple of tunes for the jukebox;

Ohh that first song is so amazing, thank you so much i did not know about that band, but so cool

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh some fantastic tunes on the jukebox today!

Pasty coming up for you Freeborn, got a special delivery from an independent baker at Bodmin moor, the ingredients are a secret but a lot of cats have gone missing in the area lately.
@BoneSay, I bet you've never tried a pasty have you, maybe an export market to Mexico after Britain leaves the EU lol

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I thought nothing roamed Bodmin Moor apart from The Beast Of Bodmin?

Real Cornish Pasties are one of the foods of the gods.

More music coming up later I think.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

It is fairly nippy today (and yesterday). To the point my heating also went on, causing me to sleep in this morning as it was so toasty.......(obviously down to the heating and not my alcohol infused late night).

It has left me in need of a kobe beef on a bed of quinoa wrapped in a blanket of ciabatta. Or something.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha, when my son was little he asked me what was in Homity pies, I replied 'Homity's' and explained that they were vicious mammals with big teeth, the size of a small dog living in a colony on Bodmin moor. They had to be hunted to keep their numbers down. He believed me for a year or so, funny as #, I've bull#ted him all his life about stuff like that.
He asked me another time why a baseball bat always lived at the top of the stairs and I told him it was in case Boris the spider ever got out of the attic, big spider about 2 foot across, hence big stick, the Boris stick as it was called.
We were laughing about it the other day actually, he told me he used to run past the attic hatch whenever he went to the toilet lol.

...yes, bad dad, twisted dad

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
It has left me in need of a kobe beef on a bed of quinoa wrapped in a blanket of ciabatta. Or something.

Haha, don't let oldcarpy hear you say that, he'll say that's hipster food for sure!
...still not had to put the heating on down here yet, and it's a gorgeous sunny day.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I did hear him say that and I have called the Police. Quinoa - I always assumed it was pronounced "Kwin-oh-ah" until I was in Waitrose the other day. Yes, yes, I know, but in my defence I was only buying fags.

Still getting over my Kale smoothie experience. What was I thinking?

Chilly nights here, have lit the fire last couple of nights. New cat is loving it.

Pasty and a mug of tea please. I wonder if marmalade goes with a pasty? Probably not.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Yes, yes, I know, but in my defence I was only buying fags.

i... that means a bad thing om this side of the world

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yes, and I bet you can't spell "Aluminium", too!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Do you know, I've never actually been into a Waitrose so I can't comment. Sounds like a hipsters dream though, do they charge double the price for cigs there?
You got an open fire then? I used to have one years ago, really miss it, got no chimney on my house, it's a converted cattle shed lol
...pasty with marmalade, you got me intrigued now, I may try it, possibly with a cheese/onion/potato pasty not the traditional ones.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Haha!
Fags = Cigarettes
...don't listen to oldcarpy, everyone knows its spelled aluminio

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No, they are pretty cheap.

Waitrose is the only place you can find organic Unicorn food. Not really that many hipster twats in there, more your middle class twats. We have a pub nearby that is often full of London upper class shooting folk in silly clothes braying at each other at the top of their voices. Unbearable.

Where is the pleasure/skill in shooting bloody pheasants? You can just run the stupid things over easily enough if you have some sort of a downer on them. I stopped the other day as one was in the road and van man behind me went mental at me.

Got a log burner. Pretty essential as we only have those economy 7 heater things. only small but it heats the whole house.

Let us now how your pasty/marmalade experiment goes. Not well, I'm guessing.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Lol at middle class twats, and yes pheasants, I've eaten loads from fresh roadkill over the years, stupid bleeders you'd think they were suicidal or something. For the legal record I didn't crash my own car into the birds, I know that would be against the law to take them home then...honest guv.
Right I'm off into town, nearly out of cous cous and tofu...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You could also pick up some Quinoa.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

wooaa shakira in banter cafe. my favourite topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join