It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Full English coming up, the perfect cure for the morning after.
3 am, I'm impressed, I've not done a late one for a while, was it a party, club, or lock-in?

EDIT
Oh and segregation of diners will be decided on a case by case basis regarding such things as man buns, manicured beards, and suit jackets with leather patches on the elbows. Seems reasonable.
edit on 21-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Hmm, man buns? Manicured beards?

Am i in Shoreditch?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Haha one of the regulars complained and he does spend a few quid here so the hipster crowd became an issue.
Shoreditch pmsl!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

3am is quite regular....its when 3 becomes 4 which then becomes 5.....and so on that it becomes a bit of a problem.

Full English is a great pick-me-up, on the rare occasion I'm genuinely hungover rather than just tired I go to the best known hangover cures; angostura bitters and tomato juice followed by a bowl of hopefully homemade chicken soup.

Good to see you've considered the hipster situation.

They seem to be getting everywhere, I've seen quite a few in York!

Hell, they've even been spotted in Smoggyland.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My son plays rugby for our town, and his girlfriend knew what she was getting into as a WAG before she moved in with him, but he was in the poo last weekend when he crawled in at dawn after the match social at the club lol
Try a nagging Mrs when you have a sore head!

...and hipsters yes, I nearly sold myself out, even stopped and considered cous cous at Tesco's the other day

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Shoreditch? It's getting more like Hoxton every day. Hoxton tw@ts - it's not a "Pop Up Restaurant" - it's a sodding Burger Van.

Is this the sort of food you plan to serve them?

21 Hipster Foods

I must admit, I once had a Kale smoothie from Waitrose. Don't ask me why. Like drinking liquidised grass cuttings. Not pleasant.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Couscous holds absolutely no appeal to me.

The worst meal I can imagine - apart from jellied eels which is truly revolting - is couscous with tofu, why would someone possibly want to eat that?

I can only guess it has something to do with pretentiousness?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

"Pop Up Restaurant"

Literally got a genuine little giggle out of me that.....never heard it before and I'm going to steal it, I know a few burger van owners.

Hoxton tw@ts -

Hoxton Tom must be horrified.
en.wikipedia.org...

Got to say I don't like London.
Camden is great and had some good time with mates in their locals but as a whole I think its rotten and I just don't like it.

Hardly representative of the rest of the UK.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Tofu? Yuk. Jellied eels - revolting - lots of sharp bones. Rollmop herrings - make me feel sick just thinking about them.

Perhaps Cornish could rent out some yurts and offer courses in Yoghurt Weaving while he's at it?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Haha that is totally hipster fayre!
Honestly I've seen the light mate it's staying as a greasy spoon.

@freeborn
I've never actually tried jellied eels, just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe in total economic collapse and starvation conditions but until then no.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I remember Oi!

London just scares me now whenever I have to go there. Anywhere inside the M25 is just hellish.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Thank you thank you.

To celebrate I'll have a full English, please. I think I'll give up on the Brexit thread soon, it's only going round in circles. Maybe I will find some Flat Earthers or Moon Hoax loonies to play with.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Flat Earthers lol, I don't even click on those threads.
...might start a thread on organic yoghurt knitting though, you've inspired me

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

My neighbour is a flat-earther.... Shhh! He started to explain it to me and I just shut my mouth and didn't disagree. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Whenever I could do with a laugh I sometimes have a look at a FE vid on YouTube. Did you know that the ISS and satellites are fake? So is space, apparently. There is a glass dome, etc. Honestly, you should read some of the comments. Unbelievable stuff but very funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Best not try to argue with him. You will never get the time back.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
You actually know an FE person in real life?!!
Haha I'd have to argue wouldn't be able to stop myself.

@oldcarpy
I can't even watch the vids, they do my head in.
Have none of these people ever flown somewhere far away.
Nope, flat Earthers are banned from the cafe as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Nope, flat Earthers are banned from the cafe as well.

Can we include creationists on the barred list.....and I'll volunteer for door duties to ensure house admittance rules are adhered to.

I dipped in the flat earth thread early doors and have checked it out once or twice since - mental, and over 40 pages of the nonsense.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No, never met one. The flying thing - they have answers for that - totally rubbish ones.

Perhaps you should get customers to fill in a form "Are you, or have you ever been?:

1. A Flat Earth believer.

2. In possession of a Flat White, stupid beard and ridiculous SUV at the same time.

3. From Hoxton.

4. To a "Pop Up" restaurant.

5. Etc"

Speaking of looney websites, this is a hoot - I thought they were for real, at first:

Landover Baptist Church

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Haha yes it's a deal!
Mandela effect folk are banned as well, how can they do banter with the memory of a goldfish?!
You'll be busy on the door what with hipsters as well, is £15 an hour and a meal on duty okay?

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join