It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Sweetcorn is disgusting....one of the few foodstuffs I dislike.

Anything that comes out the other end the same as it went in has to be wrong!

OMD were my guilty little secret, when I eventually started telling people I liked them I was amazed at how many people agreed with me.
Some of their later releases are excellent as well as the earlier stuff.

Here's a live version of Cars with Gary Numan guesting with Nine Inch Nails;

And a live track by Ultravox;

edit on 20/9/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sweetcorn is disgusting....one of the few foodstuffs I dislike.

Anything that comes out the other end the same as it went in has to be wrong!

I liked sweetcorn. Now you've ruined it!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was going to say that about sweetcorn but did not want to put people off their food. Was going to say something about rodding a drain but the picture has already been painted.....

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Guilty little secret lol, I know what you mean.
I'm loving the Gary Newman haven't heard that in a while.

Oh, and Google the results of people who only eat sweetcorn for a few days, funny as #!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I used to use sweetcorn a lot as fishing bait and ended up munching quite a bit so don't need to Google that

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I see you could not help yourself - popping in to the Brexit thread to give someone's cage a rattle.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yes, it was the Hipster thing. Proud to say that I don't speak Starbucks.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Haha!
Made me want some now, I've got a couple of cobs, may roast them in butter later.

New addition to the menu coming up Brexit Buns, hard on the outside but soft in the middle, keeps everyone happy.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, couldn't help myself, it's always fun stirring the pot.
Especially when folk are so angry about it lol

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Followed by hard cheese and sour grapes, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Haha yes with a bitter lemon marinade

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I see that the Jocks are getting triggered in the Brexit thread.....

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yes, good to see Soloprotocol back though, he can be quite funny even if I disagree with him. Pity he doesn't pop in the cafe for some banter.

And I couldn't help myself...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Good choice. It's a lovely old hymn, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well, i guess that depends on where you live. The US only has three real and walkable cities, New York, Boston and New Orleans. However, in those cities, the "bar" scene (we dont call them Pubs) pretty much died with the smoking bans. I guess San Antonio would qualify as a walkable city if you are very rich. All in all, the bar scene in the US, from what I have seen of late, is pretty lame, and if you are over 50, you can forget about it. No one wants to see old people in bars.

My son works a Theatre Bar in far north of Houston. Thats where they have a cinema with a bar outside the screening room. Makes great money. He told me just last week that a group of Houston Cops were in and they were telling him that what they do now is that when they pull someone over for DWI, they get the check out reciept and their legal department and the use the reciept as evidence to close down the bar the person who got the DWI last had drinks at. So that is killing the bar scene as well.

There really isnt much social life in the US outside of work. The way it has to be done is to check into a Hotel with a bar or near a walkable venue like the French Quarter in New Orleans. Pretty expensive so its just for vacations.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, good to see Soloprotocol back though, he can be quite funny even if I disagree with him. Pity he doesn't pop in the cafe for some banter.

And I couldn't help myself...

Showed my six year old daughter some Europe the other week.......told her it was compulsory in Britain in the 80s for us to have similar haircuts. She bought it hook, line and sinker. My 9 year old on the other hand knows daddy can be full of sh!$

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well, i guess that depends on where you live. The US only has three real and walkable cities, New York, Boston and New Orleans. However, in those cities, the "bar" scene (we dont call them Pubs) pretty much died with the smoking bans. I guess San Antonio would qualify as a walkable city if you are very rich. All in all, the bar scene in the US, from what I have seen of late, is pretty lame, and if you are over 50, you can forget about it. No one wants to see old people in bars.

My son works a Theatre Bar in far north of Houston. Thats where they have a cinema with a bar outside the screening room. Makes great money. He told me just last week that a group of Houston Cops were in and they were telling him that what they do now is that when they pull someone over for DWI, they get the check out reciept and their legal department and the use the reciept as evidence to close down the bar the person who got the DWI last had drinks at. So that is killing the bar scene as well.

There really isnt much social life in the US outside of work. The way it has to be done is to check into a Hotel with a bar or near a walkable venue like the French Quarter in New Orleans. Pretty expensive so its just for vacations.

That sounds really depressing. Can't imagine not being able to walk to your local........

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Wow I can walk to loads of pubs near my home, must be because of our little roads and the old urban design of the place.
The smoking ban and cheap supermarket alcohol has definitely closed some pubs but it has levelled off now.
Outside smoking areas are thriving as well, some are great with shelter from the elements and heaters, constructed just right to not be classed as indoors under the law.

Speaking of the law that's some shady trick of the cops! I'm against drink driving but prosecuting the bars seems a bit off to me, well unless they can prove they saw someone drunk getting in the driver seat.

If you ever make it to the UK then you'll have to go on a classic 'pub crawl' it's all about one pint in as many pubs as you can walk to.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No proper sausages, no local, and Trump. Jeez, fella, we feel your pain.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Speaking of pubs....it'll soon be that time again, just a few tonight though, nothing heavy.

I'm planning an easy weekend....but I've had a few phone calls and I have a feeling its all going to go tits up.
Anything after 1am will be viewed as weak willed failure.

Still got plenty of time to sneak back into the Brexit thread a throw a few things into the mix.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join