It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Haha I'm still hanging around, couldn't sleep, loving this track, think the bass may have woken my neighbour up
😂
EDIT
My next door neighbour is my 20 year old son so I don't care if I wake him up, payback from sleepless nights when he was a baby lol
edit on 19-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Haha I'm still hanging around, couldn't sleep, loving this track

Me too, a lot, that's more or less what i hear when i don't listen to rock and classic music

think the bass may have woken my neighbour up
😂

That would be lovely
haha

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

My main diet of music is electronic with dirty bass. I like all genres but house/psy-trance/breaks gets me.
This is an old favourite for when I'm singing to myself vacuuming the carpet or in the shower lol

edit on 19-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix youtube link

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

My main diet of music is electronic with dirty bass. I like all genres but house/psy-trance/breaks gets me.
This is an old favourite for when I'm singing to myself vacuuming the carpet or in the shower lol

So cool, found this one from them too,

Didn't know about them, or can't remember, but looked them up and they are on Spotify

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Some great music in the cafe, I love all the different genres from EDM to rock and folk.
Even pop haha, your username is like Beyonce lol my favourite track of hers...

EDIT
I love this video, the guy in it must be a free diver, if it's not cgi then he must have let all the air out of his lungs to perform it. I do it sometimes, swim to the bottom then breathe out to just float in the current like a jellyfish. It's dangerous because you have to judge how much oxygen you have left in your blood before swimming back up...nearly killed myself a couple of times mistiming it over the years lol
edit on 20-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Some great music in the cafe, I love all the different genres from EDM to rock and folk.

EDIT
I love this video, the guy in it must be a free diver, if it's not cgi then he must have let all the air out of his lungs to perform it. I do it sometimes, swim to the bottom then breathe out to just float in the current like a jellyfish. It's dangerous because you have to judge how much oxygen you have left in your blood before swimming back up...nearly killed myself a couple of times mistiming it over the years lol

Love that song, i would never be able to do that, not a good swimmer he, but i like to watch. I guess there are special effects but still i have seen people do this for real and it looks amazing, i don't even know what to say, please take care

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's the most amazing feeling when you breathe out and just float in the current looking up at the daylight.
My best experience was in the south China sea under a shoal of jellyfish, they were beautiful...I mistimed that one, my lungs were bursting to breathe in and my muscles were burning as I swam back up...one more second and I think the breathing in reflex would have taken over.
Disclaimer: I don't recommend people doing the same as it is dangerous lol

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It's the most amazing feeling when you breathe out and just float in the current looking up at the daylight.
My best experience was in the south China sea under a shoal of jellyfish, they were beautiful...I mistimed that one, my lungs were bursting to breathe in and my muscles were burning as I swam back up...one more second and I think the breathing in reflex would have taken over.
Disclaimer: I don't recommend people doing the same as it is dangerous lol

About when i was 11 or so i was drowning once, because i could not stand up and lake was too deep, my mom jumped and took me out, i was already not good with swimming but was trying to learn well and eventually it never happened, i just could not get how it worked

I just wonder but that day i think i felt the same way, that any second i was going to give up and just let go, it felt terrible, i remember seeing how i was just going down and unable to go up again, no matter how much i tried to swim up. Until she showed up and took me out i was just slowly going down

So i don't know but i sometimes feel like it must be beautiful to be there like that, i didn't let air go out that time, i already knew that, i tried to keep up but failed, but in the end that saved me i guess. As for swimming right now, i just can't do it

It is very dangerous to try things you don't really know how to do, i also would say the same, to not try unless they already know well what to do :S

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

EDIT

Suddenly i remember mister psycho-chad from some time ago that got crazy obsessed, and this song reminded me, like Charlie Brown cartoon and the teacher speaking. I also thought about some people and clothes and where to use them, lmfao...

Song doesn't go her he he, sorry, just wanted to have some fun and i had forgotten this song exists

edit on 20-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Saved by your mother is a cool story

I have flashbacks of being saved by my brothers when I was 3 or 4, they were jumping in the river and I copied them even though I couldn't swim yet. I remember the feeling of calm and stillness under the water almost magical, but they remember it as panic to save my life lol.

I love swimming underwater, always have, there is a deep bass sound in the ocean compared to say a swimming pool. I can't really describe it but it is an amazing feeling and probably why I have never lived away from the ocean...I reckon I'd fade away and die if I lived inland!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Saved by your mother is a cool story

I have flashbacks of being saved by my brothers when I was 3 or 4, they were jumping in the river and I copied them even though I couldn't swim yet. I remember the feeling of calm and stillness under the water almost magical, but they remember it as panic to save my life lol.

I love swimming underwater, always have, there is a deep bass sound in the ocean compared to say a swimming pool. I can't really describe it but it is an amazing feeling and probably why I have never lived away from the ocean...I reckon I'd fade away and die if I lived inland!

xaxa, same here! i first thought, oh well i'm jumping in and will learn to swim, i'll show them! And 5 minutes later...

I only remember how nice the waves sound at night, that's for sure magical. But when i go to the beach that's all i do, get a bit in the water get crisped then sleep at the beach at night, i don't go into the ocean he he.

I am well and happy living on dry land lmao cold weather suits me oh so nice
I wish i could change that and live like you do but for now i don't think it will happen
There are some nice places around here just like where you live, maybe some day i will venture

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Lol at the track

I remember that crazy guy, he got banned but I'm suspecting he came back under a new name, I see some angry posts from a new member seems similar style.
...I'd trade my cold ocean for your weather and warm water any day, but you can keep the crawly bitey stingy critters though, I'm not into them lol

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Lol at the track

I remember that crazy guy, he got banned but I'm suspecting he came back under a new name, I see some angry posts from a new member seems similar style.

Lol, i wish i could find him he he, but i can't get in trouble anymore

...I'd trade my cold ocean for your weather and warm water any day, but you can keep the crawly bitey stingy critters though, I'm not into them lol

Owwwww but they are so small, and silent, and crawly! And they go into your shorts and sometimes walk in your head, and hide under your pillow, how not to love the small hellish things?

Have a good day, i have to go sleep now, school a few hours away :s

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sausages and marmalade are a "thing":

The Sausage Shed

With strawberry jam? Errrrrm, umm......Bleurgh!!!! - not so much.

You can microwave some marmalade in a pot, smear over sausages and marinade for a couple of hours and BBQ them. Yum.

How about condensed milk sarnies?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Haha nope, keep the crawly things, that's definitely one good thing about Britain!

@oldcarpy
You've got me tempted to try the sausages and marmalade idea now. Should be on the cafe menu, could attract the hipster market, new customers n all that.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Hipsters? On second thoughts, sausages and marmalade is a disgusting idea. Yuk.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Popping in to take refuge in a safe haven away from the Brexit doom and gloom!

Large mug of piping hot char and a tuna and mayo Panini - strictly no sweetcorn!

Time to relax to one of the greatest pieces of electronic music ever;

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was quite enjoying giving the Brexit pot a good stir, actually. Looks like the remainers are too busy frothing at the mouth and biting the carpet to actually post at the moment.

Can I have a milky coffee and a bacon Panini - didn't know they were on the menu? And none of that disgusting marmalade that came with my last bacon sarnie, thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yeah, I like having a bit of a verbal ruck with Remainers every now and they....but it always gets to the point where I just think 'is it worth it'?

Don't know if you were around during the Scottish referendum but I had some rare old debates with many of our Scottish contingency...the majority of them are really good lads, even Solo, who you can have a good bit of craic with.

Knew you'd see things my way eventually about the marmalade thing....but I think the threat of hipsters was the thing that really turned it.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
@freeborn Top tunes mate

Order coming up, what's wrong with sweetcorn?!

@oldcarpy Lmao my hipster association with marmalade put you off yeah?! To be honest I remembered you slagging down hipsters in a post somewhere so couldn't resist.

That Brexit thread haha! I've read through the whole lot, usual replies I expected. Some of the remainers seem really angry don't they, and every Scottish member is pro EU.
I was going to reply but I just starred you boy's comments as they sum up my position as well.

Brexit won't affect the banter cafe though, we only employ illegal immigrants here anyway, it's what keeps prices down.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join