It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I just can't get used to the thought of bacon and marmalade butties!

What next, sausages and strawberry jam?

I like the 60's garage sound and there's no better exponents than The Elevators.

I knew Roky Erikson had his fair share of problems - obviously far too many hallucinogenics - but I didn't know he was still active and was unaware of most of his activities after The Elevators until reading up on him just now.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Bacon roll good choice.
Well I watched psychomania to the end and still haven't a clue what the toad was about.
Occult toads and 70's fashion in one thread haha.
The women were prettier in films back then, no fake Botox n stuff, beauty through natural imperfections.

I'm gonna go through the other suggestions later, nice one folks, cheeky Irish coffees all round.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Chef won't serve it for him on principle, he has the marmalade in a side bowl.
You're a brown sauce guy aren't you?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Big Macs

Burger King kicks the crap out of McDonalds!

But neither comes anywhere near the burger van that parks a five minute walk from my house.
Carpet burgers are the absolute dogs bollocks.

They do every type of burger / sandwich etc, all reasonably priced.
And a decent bit of banter and craic off the couple who own it....just a shame they're Smoggies!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I am indeed a Brown Sauce man, ideally Big Daddies or HP.

I can live with ketchup on a sausage sandwich and chips but never, ever on Bacon Butties, that is truly sacrilege.

I like a bit of Mustard - Colemans English is best - occasionally, especially with Beef or Ham or a good old Taylors Pork Pie!

Condiments can make or break a meal or snack.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hold on a minute CCG, I thought you didn't have an alcohol license. No Irish coffees legit. You must keep it under the counter.
Please put "Black Dog" by Babe Ruth on for me thanks. Oh , and I'll have a special coffee that might come from Ireland.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree burger king but also best burgers around are a van at a local builders merchant.
...and sorry mate, ketchup on a bacon butty for me, brown sauce on a jacket spud with cheese.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Ssh about the coffee, could be mods mooching around!

EDIT
That was an unusual tune, proper angry tripping rock...I liked it.
edit on 19-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hell CCG I don't even know how to put videos on here and you find some obscure ones. It's no good I'll have to test you. let me think about it a few days.
"Badge" by Cream?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

We have sausages; all meat sausages. Bangers are kinda meally, I dont know if they have any meat in them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Haha easy!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well done. I was at the final at the Albert Hall. Couldn't get home afterwards and had to kip at the railway station. Can't do that now.
Leave me, leave me, I'm thinking.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Haha that sounds an interesting story, I've slept at loads of train stations!
I didn't a couple of years ago though, paid nearly 200 quid for a taxi home, driver let me smoke a herb and drink beers as well, but only on motorways and A roads, a proper laugh.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

We have sausages; all meat sausages. Bangers are kinda meally, I dont know if they have any meat in them.

You are right mate, some sausages only have like 30% meat in them, they are a filthy pleasure but at home I buy 97% pork bangers now.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You're never going to lose weight eating 90% pork bangers! Never!

We have to carefully manage caloric intake such that we have enough room in the daily allotment for Beer! Beer is, obviously, one of the three major food groups. And it sits at the top of the food pyramid because its the most important of all foods we consume. So be sure to not over eat trash foods like pork so you have room for more................................BEER

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Lol having a pint or three with mates goes without saying!
Do you have pubs you can just walk to in Texas?
It seems from all US mates they drive miles to meet friends.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The worst part is, they were of the patty/cheese/bun/ketchup variety. Like the ones that come in the old school McDonald's #2, just without the chopped onion.

We have a place here in my area called Burgerville. They musta lobbied for the creation of "National Cheeseburger Day", which was yesterday. They were selling the little #2-style cheeseburgers for $1 all day.* It was also my wife's birthday, and since we have a kid who still gets excited about things like "National Cheeseburger Day", we went out for #2's. (My wife doesn't know yet, but she's getting a nice, kid-less dinner and night out this weekend. Probably pull out all the stops, straight up just take her to Burger King or something.)

I overestimated my hunger and underestimated the effects of four little cheeseburgers. It was the fries! that did me in.

Pretty tasty, but damn was my belly protesting by morning.

*I'm reasonably certain you can still get nearly identical food products at McDonald's for $1 all day, every day. Does anyone know if McDonald's promoted their #2's yesterday?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anybody here? Looks like no one is here... taking this chance to play a random song from my favorites...

I'll be the weirdo in the room for a bit lmao

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I love power bass, and breaking windows too, maybe i'll bring the volume all the way up, hope there are no security cameras around

edit on 19-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Just bring her to the banter cafe, tomorrow's special is cheese, leek, and potato bake with salad, honestly it's to die for.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join