It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Any international members reading this thread wanna share some local music or menu suggestions for the cafe?
It is an international cafe, the chef is an illegal from Albania and head server is an Australian who has overstayed her tourist visa.
...it explains why low prices here

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Never kept chickens but always fancied doing so.

I used to have an allotment but they didn't allow keeping animals of any kind....which was pretty ironic as the site was almost overran with rabbits!

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I couldn't even master the stylophone - not that we mention that anymore due to the Rolf Harris connection.

Wouldn't mind trying to learn the melodica, that might be manageable.

Here's Bernie Summers playing the melodica on Your Silent Face off the mighty New Order's album Power, Corruption and Lies

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18/9/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha that was brilliant!
Lol at the Rolf Harris connection we can never speak of, I was only glad Tony Hart was never accused of being a paedo/sex criminal, that would have destroyed my childhood memories.
edit on 18-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

EDIT
Me and my twin sister wrote to Jim'll fix it when we were 8, so glad he never got back to us.
edit on 18-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Tony Hart and Johnny Morris - childhood legends.

I have a friend who won a Blue Peter badge....I always tell people he was on Jim'll Fix It and he gets quite annoyed....which always makes me embellish the story even more.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Johnny Morris ffs!!! I'd be absolutely gutted if he was found to have been a paedo, childhood legend...Sir David Attenborough would be a wounder as well.

Rolf though, I nearly said "Can yer tell what it is yet?" to a guy at work the other day and stopped myself.
...glad the chuckle brothers weren't paedos either, was chatting to my lad when one died recently, he said he'd be gutted.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nice place you have here

I would like a Mokka coffee, whatever you have to eat and later on a beer, if possible, for take out lol

Also please play this song as i'm feeling like crap right now and i have lost someone i loved dearly, so i just came here to forget about all things, hope you have some beer hidden somewhere because i really need one right now

edit on 19-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Welcome to the Café and to ATS. Sorry to hear about your loss. Cornish does not have an alcohol licence, unfortunately. Great song.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Welcome to the Café and to ATS. Sorry to hear about your loss. Cornish does not have an alcohol licence, unfortunately. Great song.

Thanks, everything getting better, hope I can stay around

Lots of great songs here, I do love LP a lot

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Sorry to hear you have lost someone, although we have no licence to sell alcohol here I always keep a few bottles of Tribute ale in the fridge.
Here's one free on the house, and a song...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You from Russia? Do you have "banter" over there? Hope you do stay around. The Café is a great place to chill.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Sorry to hear you have lost someone, although we have no licence to sell alcohol here I always keep a few bottles of Tribute ale in the fridge.
Here's one free on the house, and a song...

Thanks, I love that band and song, fits so much right now..

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Bang on about chilling here yes.
I fell out with someone in a different thread and invited him to come here instead of going off topic there...he didn't turn up but the offer stands lol

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You from Russia? Do you have "banter" over there? Hope you do stay around. The Café is a great place to chill.

We do, a lot
sometimes goes into crazyness but no harm meant to anyone

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Beer at the beach listening to the waves always fixes my soul.
When my dad died years ago I was sat at the shore crying to myself and two cops arrived worried I was suicidal.
I explained and they smiled that they totally understood, one touched me gently on my shoulder and they went on their way.
The ocean fixes my heart when I need it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Speaking of crazy, I know a couple of Polish boys who come from a village on the border, and every weekend they would hook up with Russian boys for drunken fist fights.
After that they just party and drink vodka together lol

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
To go with the mood;

Large mug of coffee please whilst I read The Racing Post.

And a couple more Transplants songs for the jukebox.
Guess I'd better add a disclaimer - adult themes!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Beer at the beach listening to the waves always fixes my soul.
When my dad died years ago I was sat at the shore crying to myself and two cops arrived worried I was suicidal.
I explained and they smiled that they totally understood, one touched me gently on my shoulder and they went on their way.
The ocean fixes my heart when I need it.

The beach is a place I like but usually have to avoid a lot lol. I'm sorry to hear about your father, I can see how the ocean would help, I do love the sound even if the sun kills me slowly out there

One of the most magical nights I have ever had was sleeping at the beach, until i got stung by a small beast from hell 😌😜, but going to sleep with the sound of the waves and the far away lights of the city is one of the best things in the world

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I love sleeping on the beach, and we don't have critters that bite or sting here!
My beach has a family of friendly seals who play with you as you swim and beg food when you have a barbecue. Seals love burgers and sausages lol

@freeborn - more top tunes mate, Homity pie is on special today if you're peckish.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I love sleeping on the beach, and we don't have critters that bite or sting here!
My beach has a family of friendly seals who play with you as you swim and beg food when you have a barbecue. Seals love burgers and sausages lol

@freeborn - more top tunes mate, Homity pie is on special today if you're peckish.

You're lucky, where I am there are lots of the crawly things

Anyways loved to be here, have to go out now, see you around

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Haha the trade off is usually that places with crawly bitey stingy things don't have crap weather like Britain does!
Pop in later with a tune or food suggestion for the menu

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join