It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ClearlyNotMe
Oh wow that track was amazing, thanks for posting, I'm gonna check them out

I was at the beach yesterday, didn't go in the sea, summer is finally dying and it's getting cooler.
I sang this to myself walking through fallen leaves in my street..

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Cheers for posting it CNM

I've heard it before and yes it's good isn't it.
@crayzeed sorry the cheese toastie was late, rugby yesterday and we won so a few too many ales meant I wasn't in the cafe last night.
Hope you have cheered up now.

Found this version of same song, so magical, i don't even know what to say, those guys were something else

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Oh wow that track was amazing, thanks for posting, I'm gonna check them out

I was at the beach yesterday, didn't go in the sea, summer is finally dying and it's getting cooler.
I sang this to myself walking through fallen leaves in my street..

Kind of hits like 60's songs, not sure but sound is so cool, loved it, nice music on this place, i think i need another beer

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Magical really is the word!!
Beautiful voices and harmony

Some gentle tunes in the cafe today, loving it.
...got no alcohol licence here still but cheeky Irish coffees all round on this sunny Sunday morning.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Nice chilled tune here, I've met Cathy the vocalist at a couple of parties over the years, she's a truly lovely person.
Her best performing is live when she freestyles to a dj though, I get spellbound.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Nice chilled tune here, I've met Cathy the vocalist at a couple of parties over the years, she's a truly lovely person.
Her best performing is live when she freestyles to a dj though, I get spellbound.

So beautiful, amazing voice, and i have been to beaches and small towns just like that, it is so beautiful and amazing just being there he he

I don't know much people like musicians and stuff, but i bet it must be so great to have friends like that, she's very talented, takes you places with her voice

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Lots of my friends are musicians/singers/dj/producers, I am lucky for that, I love live music although I only sing to myself lol
Music is like a basic human need, I can't imagine a world without it...I wonder if there is even a person alive who doesn't like any music!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Lots of my friends are musicians/singers/dj/producers, I am lucky for that, I love live music although I only sing to myself lol
Music is like a basic human need, I can't imagine a world without it...I wonder if there is even a person alive who doesn't like any music!

I have another world lol, kind of from other places not western hehe

Anyways, i like to play this one song, tells a few things from past times, nice days in the end, kind of those things you have to live and learn and later feel happy about because otherwise you would have missed real life

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Good tune, know it well

Reminds me I haven't seen Trainspotting in a long time, may watch it tonight.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Taking it easy after a heavy weekend, just for a change.

An extra large Parmo ordered, listening to some Original Ska and Rocksteady whilst watching Grand Prix and football on muted TV.

edit on 16/9/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Mellow beats man

I'm on a hot beach when I shut my eyes.
I've never been into formula 1, the cars are too fragile, I like rally and touring car racing.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Can't beat relaxing to a bit of original Ska.

Grand Prix is ok, but I do like the Singapore GP as its visually quite spectacular with it being held at night.
Muted TV though, just finished re-reading Magician by David Eddings.

Much needed downtime.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You're right about Singapore it is a fantastic track, saw a bit of it at my mates house.
Same mate actually introduced me to ska years ago, I kinda missed it jumping into the rave scene in my teens. Great music genre

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Answered on a couple of posts about depression and suicide. I have been there and came back so I can empathise. but it brings things up that's best forgotten.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
In that vein I have my own list of tracks I will play if I want to cry, I think we all do. Same as the music which makes us happy.
Freeborn has posted loads of stuff in this thread which I've never heard as well, to be fair loads of folk have and I'm loving the jukebox choices.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Good tune, know it well

Reminds me I haven't seen Trainspotting in a long time, may watch it tonight.

I kind of took this one for me, even if it doesn't belong much for me but oh well, i so much wish it as the song says so

I think i'm the kind of person that keeps drinking it all even after last round has been called and people are going away

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hey - not seen that film, now on my list. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
One of my favourite sad songs. Great guitar too - makes me want to give up playing!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Jeff Beck said the same thing when he first saw Jimi Hendrix play live. Jeff Beck persisted and (IMHO) sounds better than Jimi now.
edit on 17/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

ETA Search youtube for Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's. Mindbendingly good. IMHO.
edit on 17/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I do like Joe, he's great.

edit on 17/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah - will search that one out. Went to Ronnie Scotts once, loved it!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join