It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Order on its way Stotties fresh this morning.
Good tune man got an angry vibe to it, you pull out loads of stuff I've never heard.
I hadn't clicked on that thread, just about to make a cheese leek potato bake now though so I'll have a look in a bit.

My son is laid up with a rugby injury from the weekend and only lives next door so it's some comfort food for him...he may be a 6' 4" prop forward animal but still my lil boy haha

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Good tune man got an angry vibe to it, you pull out loads of stuff I've never heard.

Listen to lots of different stuff, will try to sort a couple of tunes out a bit later.

I hadn't clicked on that thread, just about to make a cheese leek potato bake now though so I'll have a look in a bit.

Sounds very nice.
Threads a bit predictable really, then again most threads are nowadays.

My son is laid up with a rugby injury from the weekend and only lives next door so it's some comfort food for him...he may be a 6' 4" prop forward animal but still my lil boy haha

Yeah, we're stuck with them for life.....and wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Look forward to the tunes mate

Bake in oven, hour or so good scran will be ready, I'm impatient though.

Funny you say we got them for life, since my lad moved out next door I only feel like dad again when he needs advice or whatever like now injured. Will be good rugby this weekend, home game and he is off the pitch for a week so will be watching with me.
His drinks are free at the clubhouse bar so should be a proper craic!

Oh and public announcement my laptop broke today so everyone is safe for a while of me starting any threads haha, too much effort on my old phone.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just read that thread, yep predictable but some interesting end of times scenarios to mull over with a brew.
Couldn't think of much to comment myself, extinction level events are pretty rare so I don't expect to see one, I'll be gutted if I'm wrong though of course!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Quick cup of coffee before I take the grandson to the quacks.

Bit later than expected but a couple of tunes for the jukebox.

My mate Mike drumming for Echo and the Bunnymen on Jools Holland;

The great John Lydon at his best;

Even get a bonus track; an all time punk classic to stir things up a bit;

edit on 12/9/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

First two are favourites of mine

Tell your mate I'm impressed, drummers are the unsung heroes you'll often see me watching at live gigs.
Couldn't get the last one to play and my device won't let me view it on YouTube for some reason.

Hope grandson is okay, how do you manage to get a GP appointment these days, bribery or sorcery?!
I got dentist later, first stage of a couple of implants plus two prior implants which are cracked to be broken and rebuilt.
I'll have a smile again soon haha.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Fixed the link on the third song.

Tell your mate I'm impressed,

Unfortunately he's no longer with us.
He started off drumming for a Scarborough band called Little Angels which he left to play with The Cult.
He drummed for Page & Plant and got a couple of writing credits with them.
Drummed with a few more bands as well.
He was once voted third best drummer in the world by some industry magazine.
He was a very gentle and humble guy.....sorely missed.

en.wikipedia.org...(musician)

drummers are the unsung heroes you'll often see me watching at live gigs.

I know a few drummers, I'll post some of their stuff one day.

All I could ever manage was a bit of basic bass, enough to do a few Sex Pistols covers.
But that was all back in the day......tried to play one a few months ago and you'd have thought I'd never picked one up before, well it had been over 30 years since I had done!

Hope grandson is okay,.....

He's fine thanks.
Growing pains....my daughter, who is a theatre nurse, thought it might be septic arthritis but the Doctor said its highly unlikely.
Poor bugger is in agony when he runs, its hard to watch as he is very active and he never moans or complains.

It should go away in a few days or so.

.... how do you manage to get a GP appointment these days, bribery or sorcery?!

It pays to know people.

Hate the dentist.
Not the actual procedure its afterwards when the mouth is numb and its like you've had about three diddlies!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dead Kennedy's brilliant

There is no way I could drive playing that, I'd lose my licence in 5 minutes!

I read up on your mate, wow he worked with some big names. I bet he had some fun in his time though...and interesting stories.

Know what you mean about numb mouth after dental work but worth it, I've had a crap smile for ages....looking forward to being Don Juan again with silky words and dazzling teeth lol.
...side story, I broke my front teeth sailing years ago, then a couple of grand on implants later I ended up in a bar fight and they got broken again, I won the fight because pure rage took over about my broken teeth nothing else mattered!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So, to matters of utmost importance....well certainly regional importance.

Is it;
Lands End
Land's End
or
Lands' End

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Officially? Land's End, apparently, but does anyone really care?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sack Land's End off, too commercial, go to The Lizard, great camping and actually further south.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Does anyone care?

You wouldn't have thought so would you....but apparently some people have nothing better to do with their lives, or in their jobs.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Surely it just is what it is.....names change as language and time changes, no big deal.

Hopefully I'll finally get to go to Beautiful Days next year.
If so I'll try fit in a visit to The Lizard and one or two other places as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Beautiful Days yes!
I couldn't make it this year, still hearing about it from mates who did though.
...just got back from dentist with two beautiful top front teeth again...no injections either because they are repaired implants so felt nothing...one new implant to come and I'll have my beautiful smile back soon lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I vote for the Lizard too. Cadgwith is a great place to stay and the Lizard is a great place to explore. Have stayed at the pub there which is very cosy in the winter and rented a place right on the beach where the fishing boats are. Cooked a fantastic Bait Box Stew from local fish there.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Good times man!
Where would you recommend in your neck of the woods? I've only done the usual famous stone circles, and Avebury is the best in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Officially? Land's End, apparently, but does anyone really care?

Yes. Poor grammar and / or spelling should result in "re-education" camp stays. For repeat offenders, Kim style artillery gun endings.........

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How about this?

The Wurzels at Stonehenge Inn

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Harsh, but fair.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Come on mate, police caution first then a couple of lame fines.
Save the artillery death for extreme aggravated grammar abuse...except for their/there/they're offences, that should be mandatory prison, full length terms.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'd string 'em up, Guv, only language they understand.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join