It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Marmite on toast is coming under duress because it is minging, and for the public record I pay all my taxes, just it is always a temptation not to when being paid in cash. It's a good job I'm a trustworthy little worker bee.
I would never ever deprive the relevant authorities of my hard earned cash, it is a celebration of love for the Crown every April when I do my tax returns.
The Banter cafe takes card payments now, and it all goes through the till/register lol

Now, the tune, best I could find is this, am I close?!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
The tune? Close but no cigar. the song was just women. Sorry I only deal in cash, only because I can never remember numbers. Someone tried to clone my card a couple of years ago so I don't have one now. My missus deals with the finances and she gives me money when I ask for it.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hmm, I'll do some more searching then, you have me intrigued!
Lmao, no cards etc, I only use cash as well, I pay enough into my current account to cover bills and any online shopping but cash is king to me. I look like a pauper if you see my bank statement lol.
I could do with a Mrs controlling me and finances though, I blow cash all the time like there is no tomorrow, and sack working off if I feel lazy (self employed)...but saying that I would have to find someone really really special to give up being single again. Rules n stuff, buying soft furnishings, saving for the holiday together, I'm not sure I could do it again lol

...looking for that track, you sure Kazakh? Any more witness evidence to help with the investigation?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Hmm, I'll do some more searching then, you have me intrigued!
Lmao, no cards etc, I only use cash as well, I pay enough into my current account to cover bills and any online shopping but cash is king to me. I look like a pauper if you see my bank statement lol.
I could do with a Mrs controlling me and finances though, I blow cash all the time like there is no tomorrow, and sack working off if I feel lazy (self employed)...but saying that I would have to find someone really really special to give up being single again. Rules n stuff, buying soft furnishings, saving for the holiday together, I'm not sure I could do it again lol

...looking for that track, you sure Kazakh? Any more witness evidence to help with the investigation?

I'm getting some good tips here about how i will handle the guy, if ever i need to. lmao

Please don't stop posting, this is good stuff

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've searched and searched for the track but I'm beginning to think you're right. Or is it that, eerr I can't remember the term what they are using now about how you remember something but it's quite different now.
I'll have a quick pint and a pickled egg. Give WarriorMH one while they cogitate.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's just come to me. The Mandela effect. But I'm quite old and Mandela is recent guy, so I'm probably suffering from the Mao Tse Tung effect. That could be why, after a hard night, I can only remember Chicken Chop Suey with Fried Rice when I go into the Chinese takeaway.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH
Lol, guys are simple to manipulate. I have a twin sister, and although it is easier being a bloke dealing with blokes, if I was a girl I'd control loads of stupid blokes easy.

Or is it the Mandella effect? lol
I've searched man and the one I posted is my best still...maybe youtube don't have it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not been in for a while as have been busy. Bacon sarnie - brown sauce and a coffee, please?

Mandela Effect - don't get me started on that!

Apparently on the latest ME thread the film Cowboys & Aliens used to be Cowboys vs Aliens due to ME time shift or some such bollox.

How is the no smoking thing going?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Locally farmed bacon coming up, local organic place had an offer on.
I haven't even clicked on that ME cowboys/aliens thread haha, I assumed a load of bollox.
...smoking again, I lasted 3 days this time, will stop again after this pouch of baccy is finished, maybe I'll last 4 days!

New chef started today, here's his promo vid from LinkedIn...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Good luck with giving up.

Love the Swedish Chef.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cheers man, just keep trying is all.

I love the Swedish chef but I wonder if some folk would call it racist now lol, you know how some folk are offended by everything these days.
Childish fun to be honest, I often watch old muppet show clips and still laugh

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Having just seen you on the dive pub post I have to inquire if you run a dive cafe. That is not a derogatory remark as I like dive type cafes better than the little twee old lady clotted cream cafe. This is the result of drinking coffee in an awful lot of transport cafes, when transport cafes were transport cafes not service stations. As I have had some best tasting coffee with globs of grease floating on the top.
PS. Put Donovans Mellow Yellow on the box for me.

edit on 5-9-2018 by crayzeed because: Added sentence.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Haha yes! This is a greasy spoon caff!!
We just don't have an alcohol licence here.
...you are right as well, the best cafes are on the road for workers, I've been beaten by some 'builders breakfasts' a few time, none of the £4 for an artistic coffee bull# in places like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

30 degrees?! I'm melting at 26 lol, Britain can't cope with hot weather, we all drop to our knees praying for mercy from the God of fire in the sky!

EDIT
Time for a summer tune on the jukebox methinks...old one, before I was born lol
Dem be some poke chops! Good times to that tune.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Have you got Swedish meatballs?

Or is it just the way you walk?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Haha yes

Any balls you like in this cafe mate

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23
Haha yes

Any balls you like in this cafe mate

LMFAO, i love that cartoon

"It would be boring if we all agreed with each other" Yes lol,

also

"Everyone looks at me like the crazy person i am" and it goes both ways lmao

Ну, увидимся позже, хорошо?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMHНу, увидимся позже, хорошо?

Schwarzenegger: Я вернусь

Don't order the food today at the cafe, new slave staff on duty who haven't been beaten enough yet to behave...warning swear words if anyone will be offended lol...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Not been in for a while.

Ham and Pease pudding stottie and a mince pie please.

Just been reading a thread on 'The conclusion of humans' and DEVO sprang to mind;

Original version, under produced but a great video;
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join