It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Absolute legends. We were a very thirsty lot, mind.
Haha, I bet that's said at every Wurzels gig!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: WarriorMH
I just had a look on wiki and interestingly the top ten nations for alcohol drinking are all Eastern Europe/Eurasia, and Britain comes only 25th. That surprised me seeing how everyone in Britain seems to be pissed up at the weekend!
Link

For some crazy reason I feel proud my country shows up at number 4 lmao

Is there a price to win?

I also assumed the UK would be closer to the top, for some reason ha ha

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Haha, I get ya!
I do wonder if the Russian 'registered sale' of imported or wholesale alcohol figures are skewed by the amount smuggled out to the EU.
Smuggled Russian alcohol is cheap and a big market in the UK, even more so since they have to compete with the Eastern EU nations. I bet the amount Russians actually drink is less than the total figure Russian business produces. The illegal imports must run into hundreds of millions.
EDIT
I'm from a part of the world where smuggling has and continues to be something people take as part of society, for hundreds of years.
It is a cultural thing, these parts are different to urban Britain...and always have been.

edit on 24-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Haha, I get ya!
I do wonder if the Russian 'registered sale' of imported or wholesale alcohol figures are skewed by the amount smuggled out to the EU.
Smuggled Russian alcohol is cheap and a big market in the UK, even more so since they have to compete with the Eastern EU nations. I bet the amount Russians actually drink is less than the total figure Russian business produces. The illegal imports must run into hundreds of millions.
EDIT
I'm from a part of the world where smuggling has and continues to be something people take as part of society, for hundreds of years.
It is a cultural thing, these parts are different to urban Britain...and always have been.

here were i live now there is a lot of russian beer brands, i never tasted most of them, will do here lol. had to come all across the world to be able to have russian beer lmfao

i bet a lot of other countries also follow the same approach to foreign beer and other stuff because i have seen foreign brands very expensive in some places but also cheap on small places and not even on the menu so they must be buying from 'other sources', those sales are definitely not counted on how much people drink because i'm pretty sure they don't even report taxes for those
edit on 24-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What is this taxes thing you speak of?!
...gotcha, that time you pay the man to play the gig.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What is this taxes thing you speak of?!
...gotcha, that time you pay the man to play the gig.

lmao, yes indeeeed ha ha

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I do pay taxes obviously, but I pretty much only take payment in cash when I work so there is always a temptation to not declare everything to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
I hardly ever use one of these though lol...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I do pay taxes obviously, but I pretty much only take payment in cash when I work so there is always a temptation to not declare everything to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
I hardly ever use one of these though lol...

I don't know what I would have to do once I'm required to pay taxes but from what I have read online it is a royal pain in the *ss to handle

if there's no way to trace cash back to you then I think most people would not pay. Is the other guy that paid you required to declare spending if he paid you for work you did? That would let them know then, right? That it happened and you missed the payment on that income?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Going to play this song for a bit

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ooh I'm liking 'Broadcast' never heard of them before, on play in the cafe now though.
...and taxes in the UK, everyone who is self employed lies to the queen lol, I defy any ATS member who says differently, they are just covering their arse or trying to make out that they are good citizens...or they are 'employees' and just jealous that they don't have the opportunity to lie about their income lol

'Broadcast' remind me of 'Air', a French electronic duo...

Alternative tracks in the cafe tonight, love it!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Ooh I'm liking 'Broadcast' never heard of them before, on play in the cafe now though.
...and taxes in the UK, everyone who is self employed lies to the queen lol, I defy any ATS member who says differently, they are just covering their arse or trying to make out that they are good citizens...or they are 'employees' and just jealous that they don't have the opportunity to lie about their income lol

'Broadcast' remind me of 'Air', a French electronic duo...

Alternative tracks in the cafe tonight, love it!

Air, i know that band! they played a song called Sexy Boy. I loved that song for a long time lol, i had no clue what they were singing about lmao but the music was great i just love them

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
As i had a few undeclared glasses of *wink* i must play this song now, sorry for the bother, i must go sleep i guess, i'll grab an uber now

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I really liked that, bit sad but nice.
Crazy all the music from around the world we'd never hear except for on random threads like this on the internet lol
Old favourite of mine...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
QUESTION: What guarantees rain on the weekend?
ANSWER: The UK having a national holiday Monday.

Anyone up to much under these grey skies? Have a coffee and a bacon sarnie and put a tune on the jukebox.
I'm annoyed with myself, forgot to buy tobacco earlier so gotta walk into town again when all I was looking forward to was chilling at home with the cat. First world problems are great aren't they lol.

EDIT
I've decided to give up smoking again so I'm not walking to the shop yay. Watch this space lol, see if I crack tomorrow!
edit on 26-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I really liked that, bit sad but nice.
Crazy all the music from around the world we'd never hear except for on random threads like this on the internet lol
Old favourite of mine...

That's a nice song

One of the nicest things about living far from town must also be one of the biggest problems, not many things around you lol, so if you go buy stuff and forget something you have to go all the way back to town for it?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Yes!
I live on a cliff top 287 steep stone steps down to civilisation lol keeps me fit!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yes!
I live on a cliff top 287 steep stone steps down to civilisation lol keeps me fit!

I can imagine every day on the way back, so much fun

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Haha! Yes, that horrible looking half corpse is me exactly when walking home after a night out!!!
...the blood is usually mine because I've fallen down many steps here, it seems after a drink or two they get steeper!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Haha! Yes, that horrible looking half corpse is me exactly when walking home after a night out!!!
...the blood is usually mine because I've fallen down many steps here, it seems after a drink or two they get steeper!

I bet lol, I would just sleep two steps or so
on the way back lmao, someone would have to pick me up at some point, totally wasted

I think I am not right I'm sorry, I don't want to be this bad, i want to be good in life, I think I got myself into an idiotic toxic thing,. I'm so sorry

edit on 31-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Cornish, be careful what you say on here about sshh you know who taking sshh you know what out of your wages as they listen in. Please can I have a marmite on toast and could you find a small track for me from long ago. I think it was some old peasant Kazakhstan women singing a Rolling stones track Honky Tonk Women.
And I fancy trying the new weight loss fad banana skin tea.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join