It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I had to Google ethanol. Now I quite fancy some.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha, you are right about the 'old school tie' though, my son rolled his car a few years ago while drunk, took an electricity pylon out and caused a blackout for thousands of homes. I have no idea how he survived with no injuries but he did and of course ended up in court.

Day of court, son dressed in a sharp suit and wore his rugby club tie (he plays first XV for our town), looking all remorseful and sorry. The magistrate noticed his tie, and scolded him saying he had brought shame on the club, and he should work hard to show that his actions were not representative of a man who enjoys the 'gentlemans' game.
Bit of a lecture from the bench, then a £200 fine and 7 month ban, not even any damages ordered for the electricity pylon, they said it was up to the National Grid to pursue him through the civil court, which they didn't.

It is guaranteed that if he had turned up in a hoody and track trousers then he would have had the book thrown at him, and only proved to me that bull#ting the law and playing the game is the way forward. If the magistrates can identify with you as 'one of the good ones' who just made a mistake then it's in the bag.
Law is a game to me, and legislation is merely guidance...know the rules and it's easy to get by.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I had to Google ethanol. Now I quite fancy some.

Haha, I give it the chemical name on purpose to reiterate the point that 'having a pint' is recreational drug use.
I know it winds up people who look down at pot smokers as well because they like to make out they'd drink the same product if it tasted the same even without the ethanol content.
For the overwhelming majority of ethanol users that is complete bull# and they know it lol

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes, that is true. I do think that pot does make people a bit psychotic/schizo though, especially stuff like skunk etc. It's much stronger stuff now. I am surprised they have not legalised it so they can tax it, though.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I have absolutely no moral objection against the use of cannabis etc, it's a personal choice that I don't use it based on the fact that it completely and utterly wankers me.

edit on 14/8/18 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Such a shame that so many English (I am English) seem to think it's ok to get wankered on alcohol every weekend though. A&E are over-loaded every weekend with drunken idiots. People underestimate the herb, a "soft" drug. It can floor you but not in an aggressive way. As for strength, it's just like alcohol. Plants grown under HPS lamps (high pressure sodium) have ruled the market for the last 30 years or so. At least here in the Netherlands, and with good reason. More bang for your buck. Whisky, if you will.
edit on 14/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey - the pub got closed down for ethanol related reasons so should you guys not be a bit more careful about discussing herbal things?

I was going to order some bacon and hash browns but am now a bit hesitant about what exactly might be in them...…..

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm the same, I don't really touch anything these days, just popped into my local down the road and had a can of Fanta lol, only nipped in because I wanted some baccy and man with the bag was there.
Funny that if Stokes had been stoned instead of drunk I reckon he probably wouldn't have got involved.

@OldCarpy Hash browns are okay, it's just hash cakes you need to watch, but as this Banter Cafe is a strict follower of T&C's you have no need to fear, we only have regular cakes...this a local caff, we'll have no trouble here...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Not kicked the fags into touch, then?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I had a relapse during some major 'issues' which went on last week so I am smoking again for the moment. I said to myself that this 'tax free' 50g pouch of tobacco will be my last (again) so it's likely to be the tail end of next week I'll stop again.
I was angry with myself because I'd been dealing with my addiction pretty well cold turkey, it was a case of "Just one won't harm" deluding myself, then it went to 2, 3, and I bought a pack of 20.
Nicotine is (to me) the most addictive and difficult drug for me to say no to...and I've been around many a bush in my life to be able to assert that.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Good luck with stopping. I know how tough it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Have you tried vaping? It's more cost effective and less harmful.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Cheers man

I have to do it cold turkey though, I'm so lame with my general weakness towards addiction I know if I switch to vaping or another substitute I'll just become addicted to that instead!
I'll do it this year, because I really want to now, and I've beaten a few addictions over the years just going cold turkey so I know I can do it.
I should have bought the cheaper £8.00 (50g) smuggled Kazakhstan tobacco today, it's rough as a badgers arse so I smoke much less and don't really enjoy it...but no, I went for Golden Virginia 'quality' instead, you know, posh baccy!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Have you tried vaping? It's more cost effective and less harmful.

I'd just become addicted to vaping then, I know I would, I'm easily addicted to substances and have to control myself all the time, I've even been addicted to endorphines and adrenaline from running before now, it was only an injury that stopped that lol...nope, cold turkey is the only thing that ever works for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's all good, vaping isn't for everyone. Good luck on quitting

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

It's all good, vaping isn't for everyone. Good luck on quitting

I have tried it though, some are amazing the amount of vapour they produce, a proper pair of lungs full!
Hmm, tune for the jukebox...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Inspired by the posts in another thread; a tune for the jukebox.

genius.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Haha!

The pink speed emptied me
I hate the '80s 'Cause the '80s were #
Cool track man, made me chuckle. It's great hearing different stuff on the jukebox here, genres/tracks I've never heard before.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Renewed faith in society!
I just rang Tesco's thinking I might have left my phone on a busy self-service desk this morning, long shot but yes someone handed it in so if I can show the customer service desk how to unlock it they'll give it back to me tomorrow.
Result! Hundreds of pictures, everyone's phone number etc, think I shall back everything up on my laptop now I realise what I could have lost.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You were very lucky! There is a huge market for stolen telephones, unless you have a phone like mine. I have the cheapest android version, it cost 40-50 euros new.

ETA

edit on 15/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join