It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

But if you used the same strapping and glove on stitches, then you would be able to work and not rip the stitches and avoid an ugly scar.
No, the area of the wound meant using my hand would likely rip the stitches out, honestly, it was a bad one in a bad place on my hand, base of thumb, I had to bleed every day if I wanted to work, and stitches would have ripped for sure.
I know, crazy talk but needs must sometimes lol

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: InTheLight

But if you used the same strapping and glove on stitches, then you would be able to work and not rip the stitches and avoid an ugly scar.
No, the area of the wound meant using my hand would likely rip the stitches out, honestly, it was a bad one in a bad place on my hand, base of thumb, I had to bleed every day if I wanted to work, and stitches would have ripped for sure.
I know, crazy talk but needs must sometimes lol

Alrighty then.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Haha yes!
How's life like by the great lakes today? Does it feel like winter yet? Still 13C here, sunny day. Night time low of maybe 7C.
It is rare for me to see frost in my garden, never mind snow lol

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Haha yes!
How's life like by the great lakes today? Does it feel like winter yet? Still 13C here, sunny day. Night time low of maybe 7C.
It is rare for me to see frost in my garden, never mind snow lol

It is cold now and I want to curl up under my faux fur blanket and hibernate.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine living in your cold winter world!
Maybe I moan about the crap drizzle rain here but at least it is warm in comparison to your world.
I haven't put the central heating on, just got a hooded top on...hood down lol.
If I had guests I'd warm the place up, but quiet one tonight, just me, the laptop, and Molly the cat.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I might let my daughter's three cats in my room to cuddle with me for body warmth and good lovin.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Haha, Molly the cat cuddles into me for my body heat!
She totally uses me, was by my chest under the quilt this morning in bed...I just shooed her away for trying to steal my pizza...go catch a mouse.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hola!

Vine a decir que te quiero mucho Tone!

Nos veremos un dia, cuidate mucho!

Gracias por tus hermosas palabras, me hacen sentir amada y feliz, eres un verdadero amigo

Adios

edit on 12-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Gran amor de vuelta a ti!
Espero que superes tus retos actuales.
Te veo pronto

...I had to use google translate haha, you with your 3 languages should be proud!
Pop back to the cafe when you get the chance < 3

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Gran amor de vuelta a ti!
Espero que superes tus retos actuales.
Te veo pronto

...I had to use google translate haha, you with your 3 languages should be proud!
Pop back to the cafe when you get the chance < 3

Gracias gracias!

Lmao

Spasibo for sure

"i'll be back"

Started to get into a dumb argument in a new thread i created as a goodbye to politics but as usual dumb people showed up, better logout now, i know i will be called on this one anyway but i could not resist lol, anyways i can't deal with the crap right now so i'm going off now

Have a nice time guys!

@TNMockingBird, send pics of Tone going crazy on the woods, and if there are bears i would like to see him munching on one of them once the British food runs out at your place!!! LMFAO! < 3

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Haha

I have had a good afternoon, watched my son play rugby for our town today and he scored a try! (like a touchdown in American football)
The exclamation mark is because the position he plays is prop forward and it is not a position to score, it is a power role winning the ball to feed it to backs (runners) who score all the points usually.
Put in perspective the record international prop forward try scorer in the world has scored 27 tries in 148 games and over 14 years.

Proud dad today, although he did get sent off for 10 minutes (sin bin lol) after a bit of a fight on the pitch, it was a brutal match today though.
He'll be mentioned in the match report in the local paper, that will be one I'll be keeping.

Any other members on ATS into rugby? I watch all our town's home matches, but only travel to away games if it is around the 1 hour drive mark away. Rugby clubs are really friendly places, there is good food and a bar in every club so you can have a pint watching the game.
Very cold today though, I didn't put a thick enough coat on, doh.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I read an email from a friend just now. Totally different worlds we live in.
Arguing with folk online we often forget we're all just humans making it up as we go along.
Sometimes though we connect, even if only digitally.
💜

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
* walks over to the juke box to play an oldie* Love the lyrics to this tune.

Dedicated to Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys😆.. who has a part in this vid.

Those of you not familiar with the Trailer Park Boys, it was a Canadian comedy mockumentary based on characters that lived in a Trailer park. Very funny in its own quirky style of humour. Here is a scene from when Bubbles is trying to get a Rush concert ticket. Whole episode is funny.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Top tune, I like me a bit of rock and guitars every now and then.

...the vid was funny as well, I'm gonna try see if I can find the series online.
Hope your Monday is going well.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My Monday is going well so far, thank you.

Hope yours went well, and the remainder of your week goes well.

The Trailer Park Boys is a funny series, so far I can only find best moments of.

Take care CCG. 😊

edit on 14-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you, I had a lazy late lay in bed then went to the pub for a roast chicken dinner and a cup of tea lol.
Called in a friend's house, did some shopping in town, now chilling at home on the laptop with the cat sat next to me.

Had some good news about my son getting a new job with a big regional plumbing company (he's a qualified plumber for water but not gas), and the company will get him the gas training in their academy. It would cost £3000 to buy that training.
He still wants to be noticed by a bigger rugby club and make that his career but he is sensible and plumbing is his fall back option.
He's only 21 though and the position he plays (prop forward) is one you have to grow into, size and experience, so fingers crossed for him either way. I want him to be a rugby star because he wants it, but he offered me a desk job when he starts his own plumbing business with a fleet of vans the other day. I said yes in a heartbeat lol

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great news about your son’s new job !

I do hope his dreams of playing pro rugby come true. I have a feeling they might.

Off to go see my son and hang out with him a bit before getting groceries.

edit on 14-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you.
When my son left home I was lucky enough that the house next door became up for rent so he is my neighbour!
We see each other every day to say hi and catch up on our news...I'll totally miss him if he moves out of his house.
...he has a good deal where he is though, and a better sea view than I have so hopefully he'll hang here for a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well if you're coming I reckon you better get to learnin' some of the anthems from 'round these parts...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Rally dates confirmed.

Woolacombe. 20 - 23 September.

scooterlab.uk...

Going to try and get to Scarborough, Kelso and Woolacombe and maybe Southport.

The Big 7 Rally looks great, but it might be one too many this year.

www.thebig7scooterrally.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129 >>

join