It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
British bulldog was an amazing game! Basically had a chance to fight without getting the cane as punishment. I got my collar bone fractured in one game many years ago...yep, banned in schools now...elf n safety.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
My predictions;
Theresa May will continue proving just how useless a Prime Minister she is.
Jeremy Corbyn will continue proving how much of a twat he is.
At some point somewhere something devastating will happen in the world.
CCG will at some point wind up some of our overly sensitive members and continue to antagonise our colonial cousins from across the pond.
Haha you must be soothsayer as well!!!
...I'm behaving for a while, been skating on thin ice, don't want to get banned, I like it here.
I can't imagine ever going somewhere like GLP, it is such a crap site

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Those were the days. Surprised rugby in schools is not banned but didn't they try to ban tackling or something?

Our annual 6th form boys v staff game used to be a bloodbath straight from kick off.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yes, you had better play nicely with our American cousins and our Scots brothers for a bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Haha 6th form against staff, brilliant.
My son started training and playing rugby for our town club aged 6. They start on 'tag rugby' with detachable straps hanging from the waist to snatch off instead of tackling, but age 8 it became full contact.
He was frustrated in primary school because it was boring tag rugby up until secondary school. They had a Welshman sports teacher with a full WRU coaching ticket, but no, elf n blooming safety again.

...I'll play nice with the US and Scottish members but some of them are so easy to wind up I can't help myself.

EDIT
I think all boys should play rugby, it helps them get their aggression out and toughens them up, learning how to take a knock on and off the pitch in the big scary world. They exclude boys for fighting now, even in self defence. Zero tolerance they call it, absolutely ridiculous, how on earth do boys learn pecking order and defence skills when they grow up and someone starts in a pub?
No wonder there are so many snowflakes...my son grieves for peers in his generation.
edit on 10-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Or Hockey. Never seen so much blood as when a guy got smacked on the nose by the ball.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hell yeah, my twin sister played hockey, they were more vicious than the boys!
...us lads used to enjoy watching the hockey, for appreciative sporting reasons of course.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

British bulldog was an amazing game!

Bulldog is still alive and healthy, my 8 year old Grandson plays all the time.
He's told me most of the school join in and he loves telling me stories about it....especially if he wins!

I'm behaving for a while, been skating on thin ice, don't want to get banned, I like it here.

I've learnt to try and read my post through before posting. As a result I frequently reword posts and sometimes even delete it altogether.
I don't want to get banned either.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Late one for a school night!
I'm in bed with phone and cat haha, so close to crashing out. Have a good one mate.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Got in from the pub relatively earlyish, wide awake so checked ATS and replied to a couple of posts.

Think I'll be going to my cot soon, few things to do tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
You were being good on a school night haha, well done.
How did your day go?
I have had an abscess developing in my mouth, noticed it yesterday, bit sore, rang the dentist, got seen in half an hour (I live 5 minutes walk away), on antibiotics now. Gotta have a tooth worked on in a fortnight.
Dentist told me to avoid alcohol though so watching my son play rugby at a home game tomorrow will be proper boring when everyone else has a pint in their hand lol

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I feel for you Cornish, I hope it won't cost you too much money. Do you intend to try and save the tooth?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Have you got an NHS dentist?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I feel for you Cornish, I hope it won't cost you too much money. Do you intend to try and save the tooth?
Ah thanks

I will try, but it is a crown from maybe a decade ago, last had similar trouble with it about two years ago, had antibiotics and fine until this week.
Tooth pain is a mad one, like it is too close to my brain to deal with it...broken ribs are easier to cope with than pain in the head, like it is further away from the brain so can be switched off?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Ah thanks

I will try, but it is a crown from maybe a decade ago, last had similar trouble with it about two years ago, had antibiotics and fine until this week.
Tooth pain is a mad one, like it is too close to my brain to deal with it...broken ribs are easier to cope with than pain in the head, like it is further away from the brain so can be switched off?

If the infection starts travelling up towards your eyes don't hesitate to go to the hospital for an anti-inflammatory needle.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Have you got an NHS dentist?
Yes, fantastic service. Today from a phone call at 12:15pm I was on the dentists chair at 12:45, had an investigation, an x-ray, and it cost me just under £22. Week supply of antibiotics cost £8.
I'm happy because by Monday I know my cheek would have been swollen like a tennis ball and I'd be in agony.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ah thanks

If the infection starts travelling up towards your eyes don't hesitate to go to the hospital for an anti-inflammatory needle.
That happened to me with the same tooth a couple of years ago...this is gonna sound gross but I sterilised a craft knife blade in boiling water and lanced it, squeezing my cheek to get everything out.
It was like a scene from a saw movie in my bathroom mirror. It was late at night and I had to do it lol

If push comes to shove then I'll go for an implant, expensive but I have two already from injury. They are worth the money, like real teeth.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ah thanks

That happened to me with the same tooth a couple of years ago...this is gonna sound gross but I sterilised a craft knife blade in boiling water and lanced it, squeezing my cheek to get everything out.
It was like a scene from a saw movie in my bathroom mirror. It was late at night and I had to do it lol

If push comes to shove then I'll go for an implant, expensive but I have two already from injury. They are worth the money, like real teeth.

I suppose if you are already on antibiotics and have quick access to a dentist, then lancing it yourself in a sterilized way should not be a problem.

From what I've read about tooth implants they would be my number one choice too.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
I perform 'surgery' on myself if I have to. Badly cut my hand a couple of years ago. I strapped it up after putting wound close plaster things on it. If I'd gone to the hospital they would have stitched it and I wouldn't have been able to work because I would have broken the stitches or my flesh.
Instead, I sticky stripped and strapped it every day, with a surgical glove over, then a work glove. The wound opened up every day but healed by the micro millimetre. Took maybe a month before I didn't have to do the routine every morning and evening...it is an ugly scar but I was able to work, and being self employed no work means no money.

...Tooth implants are amazing! My two front top ones were a result of knocking them out in a sailing accident many years ago, they are like real teeth. If some guy punched me in a bar and broke them I would have such a rage I would feel no pain lol

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

But if you used the same strapping and glove on stitches, then you would be able to work and not rip the stitches and avoid an ugly scar.

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129 >>

join