It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Yes! His girl paid £45 for new eyelashes yesterday, me and the lad were like wtf?!
Looks absolutely stunning though, beautiful work whoever she got them done by.
She is a glittery girly girl, I love her to bits, meeting her mother for first time on Christmas day, dinner at my ex wife's home...Jerry Springer life much haha!
EDIT
...and yes the same moon 💖

edit on 23-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Yes! His girl paid £45 for new eyelashes yesterday, me and the lad were like wtf?!
Looks absolutely stunning though, beautiful work whoever she got them done by.
She is a glittery girly girl, I love her to bits, meeting her mother for first time on Christmas day, dinner at my ex wife's home...Jerry Springer life much haha!

Ha! Same here!

Life would be boring without some Springer episodes on occasion LOL

Now, how to smuggle myself first to the UK and then into the baggage to Amsterdam!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Haha yes! 😂
Come to his birthday party Friday night at the rugby club bar as well, will be a right laugh, live bands and DJ's.
I'll buy you a few sambucas we'll get trashed partying lol
EDIT
...free food as well, go on jump on a plane!

edit on 24-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

go on jump on a plane!

That day will come friend, one of us will be first!

I DO need a beach vaca soon but, was hoping for somewhere a bit warmer...

ETA: Been reading this thread through bloodshot eyes...interesting opinions if not odd.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-12-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Lol yes not the warmest here right now!
...I've commented in that thread, it is interesting people have such beliefs and conviction.
I forget some people are against gay marriage etc until I read it on the internet.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Lol yes not the warmest here right now!
...I've commented in that thread, it is interesting people have such beliefs and conviction.
I forget some people are against gay marriage etc until I read it on the internet.

Interestingly, as we laid my SIL to rest Friday, it occurred to me that she was the only spouse of my sister's that I ever really knew well. They were together for nearly 48 years which is a milestone in a same sex OR traditional union. She was 67 when she passed and my sister is 84 and she was hopelessly devoted for all of those years. Why shouldn't she deserve the same "benefits" of marriage that you and I would? It's ridiculous to me but, I grew up with it and it was not something un-normal for my family. My parents were staunchly religious and she was always called my sisters friend or roommate but, always loved by all of us. I am almost positive that the "sexual" side of their relationship stopped years ago and let's face it, that's truly what folks struggle with...they were companions and truly devoted. They were more "in tune" and more "in love" than most folks I know!

Me and my youngest (YOU know the one!) laugh and joke often that it DOES run in the family after all

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry to read about your Friday.
...and yes love is a beautiful thing no matter the people in love.
My grandmother lived with her 'companion' all my childhood, they died within weeks of each other.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I worry about that with my sister...she is so small and fragile and I just feel that she is strong enough and has enough energy to carry on, it is worth it.

No disrespect to anyone with their beliefs but, not everyone is a christian. My sister and SIL were christian and had began attending church again a few months ago.

My youngest has her girlfriend practically living here with her for all intents and purposes and they are both Christians. My oldest who is 100 percent non believing Atheist is also 100 percent heterosexual. Oh the irony!
LOL

I am unsure but, I am all for love!
I suppose one thing that has always bothered me is that some folks seem to pick and choose what they want to follow out of the "good book" and that, to me, seems to be living a lie...I'm a all in or all out sort of gal.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If she wants to carry on then she will

...you live in a much more religious world than I do. I only know two people who claim to believe in God, my dear old mother and my son's grandmother, neither of them go to church though. There is a beautiful couple hundred year old stone built Anglican church in my street and maybe 12 pensioners shuffle out every Sunday, how it survives I have no idea.

Regarding sexuality/gender etc, it's really tolerant here, people only care are you a decent kind person, nobody cares who you love or identify as. I like it here for that reason among many.
How many are you cooking for on Christmas day? I may end up getting two dinners if I play my cards and timing right lol, going to my mates after the early meal at the ex wife's...they cook top food, and my mates missus' cauliflower cheese is to die for!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I hope that someone is cooking breakfast!

I am so hungry and not even smoking at the moment LOL

On a lighter note...The smokies were still recovering from storm Diego and it must have dropped a lot of snow. There was still some on the mountain tops and piles of snow in the ditch lines and parking lots when I was there this weekend.

So pretty to see but, sooooo glad that it isn't part of my daily life!

My diet AND stomach have been a little messed up since my surgery but, today I am brave...some sausage (and I don't know for sure what you all call sausage! I want "country sausage"), some toast and jelly. No eggs for me, if you remember me and runny eggs! LOL

Sausage gravy and biscuits would do also! Think the Armenian can rustle up some of that?!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

How many are you cooking for on Christmas day? I may end up getting two dinners if I play my cards and timing right lol, going to my mates after the early meal at the ex wife's...they cook top food, and my mates missus' cauliflower cheese is to die for!

No cooking this year! We're moving into a new house and all hands on deck!

I DID buy some deli meat while at the Evil Empire today (wal mart LOL) and THAT and some chips if I'm feeling generous will be Xmas dinner

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You are up late as well!!!
Breakfast on the house, and a cheeky Irish coffee as it's Christmas.
I sacked the chef, got a new one from Bulgaria, he's legal to work here so I have to pay him minimum wage but he's worth it lol
...I'm going for a breakfast at the pub about 11am, full meal, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs (runny yolk), 2 sausages, 1 hash brown, beans and 2 toast, all for £2.50. I've almost stopped cooking because every meal is £2.50, even the roast chicken dinner!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You are up late as well!!!
Breakfast on the house, and a cheeky Irish coffee as it's Christmas.
I sacked the chef, got a new one from Bulgaria, he's legal to work here so I have to pay him minimum wage but he's worth it lol
...I'm going for a breakfast at the pub about 11am, full meal, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs (runny yolk), 2 sausages, 1 hash brown, beans and 2 toast, all for £2.50. I've almost stopped cooking because every meal is £2.50, even the roast chicken dinner!

I've seen that in your posts about your new dinner hook up!

I recall posting that the Biscuit Head was my fave breakfast joint but, have since changed teams...
The Early Girl is nothing short of fabulous and it is bacon gravy with the biscuits...it is soooo good.
You can get shrimp and grits for breakfast ( I k now! Before 11!) and... the spinach and potato cakes with tomato gravy are to die for just, in my case, expect "the look" when you don't prefer to have the included eggs.

Oh I'm so hungry now, for sure. Think of me at breakfast and raise a toast. Have the chef whip us up a mimosa since you don't have a liquor license (lame AF).

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ah no way, moving at this time of year! Good luck with it!
No Christmas dinner though, you should buy a frozen micro meal and pretend haha

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Very reasonable AND I can get it delivered!!!

Oh, delivery boy!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

the spinach and potato cakes with tomato gravy are to die for just, in my case, expect "the look" when you don't prefer to have the included eggs.
That sounds amazing, just googled it, that's going on the Banter Cafe menu!!
...I'm hungry now as well, bowl of cereal methinks before my pub breakfast lol

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Haha you nut, I don't think they deliver to the US!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yes! That's them, compared to the Cumberland Plateau...Asheville NC is the place to eat LOL...

And damn about that delivery...foiled again!

Perhaps Papa Johns is still open?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I prefer Dominoe's pizza

...heck I like all pizza though lol

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

My brother Dave who killed himself recently used to have a saying...

"Sex is like pizza, even when it's bad...it's still kind of good..."

Funny memory from a funny guy!

thanks Dave!
edit on 24-12-2018 by TNMockingbird because: forgot the little quote thingies cause it is kinda an official quote and all!

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join