It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack
Welcome to the cafe, complimentary bacon sandwich and coffee coming up, grab a seat at a table I've picked a Monty Python sketch for you on the big screen.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

haha love it!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
I think aliens are about to overtake our planet.

testing... This is only a test courtesy of the Illuminati broadcast system for the deaf.

'you said I could post anything so I am'.

Haha yes, anything goes here!
Aliens are welcome too, but they might have to bring their own ingredients though our chef may be international but he ain't intergalactic lol

I often wonder if I'll ever live to see contact from another world. I often wonder have we already been contacted but it is being kept hush for whatever reason.
It wouldn't freak me out to be honest, if they are friendly then cool, and if they want to kill us all then meh, it's not like I can do anything about it so I'd just have a smoke, have a party with mates, and wait my turn.
Friendly would be better though, I'd even consider intimate relationships with one if they could speak English and I got on with one well enough.
All except 'wibbly-wobbly' type blob aliens...but then enough drinks and who knows lol!

...and before anyone starts, don't be calling me wibbly-wobblyphobic, I'm not okay!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
I think aliens are about to overtake our planet.

testing... This is only a test courtesy of the Illuminati broadcast system for the deaf.

'you said I could post anything so I am'.

Haha yes, anything goes here!
Aliens are welcome too, but they might have to bring their own ingredients though our chef may be international but he ain't intergalactic lol

I often wonder if I'll ever live to see contact from another world. I often wonder have we already been contacted but it is being kept hush for whatever reason.
It wouldn't freak me out to be honest, if they are friendly then cool, and if they want to kill us all then meh, it's not like I can do anything about it so I'd just have a smoke, have a party with mates, and wait my turn.
Friendly would be better though, I'd even consider intimate relationships with one if they could speak English and I got on with one well enough.
All except 'wibbly-wobbly' type blob aliens...but then enough drinks and who knows lol!

...and before anyone starts, don't be calling me wibbly-wobblyphobic, I'm not okay!!!!

Hey not a problem, I'll bring my own private Chef. He's very good at cooking stuff.

I've wondered the very same thing, part of me believes they're here now, walking about right under our noses, watching us.

I suppose we'll have to wait to find out what's coming next. I hope their funny, I couldn't handle living with a humorless alien race. The boredom would kill.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I like Spam. You can buy Spam fritters. Haven't tried them though, the Mrs gave me one of her looks when I suggested getting some.

Can I have an Ice Coffee, please?

The heat has gone for now but is supposed to be back up in the 30's at the end of the week. Disappointed that we had no thunderstorms here. I like thunderstorms.

Dee-lite! a proper tune. Has memories for me, too.

I had a hankering for Heinz Vegetable Salad - anyone remember this - came in a tin? Discontinued. Easy to make, just dice carrots and potatoes, simmer until just right and add frozen peas at the end, run under cold water to stop it cooking and going all mushy and season with salt and white pepper. Then add salad cream - NOT mayo. If you make up a batch (go on, you know you want to) store it in the fridge but without the salad cream cos it goes all runny.

I'll get my coat....

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Never had an alien encounter (as far as I know!) but did see a UFO - as in unidentified not as in spaceship:

My Weird Experience

The really freaky thing was that it happened again years later just as I was telling my wife about the first one.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Excellent, our chef has been after a day off for ages, starting to complain about the EU laws about maximum working hours or somethingI told him to get back to his station and stop whining.

Aliens among us, that's an interesting one, reminds me of the film They Live, an old classic but still good today, I watched it a couple of weeks ago for the millionth time.
Nothing would surprise me anymore, but I'm with you, if they are gonna coexist they must have a sense of humour and like a bit of pisstake banter otherwise they'll be banned from the cafe until they become a protected group by government of course, but then I'll just change the ban reason to anyone who hasn't got a sense of humour...I'm sure we'd get around the law like that haha

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
You love your iced coffe don't you, it's just regular coffeee I serve cold and mark up the price 25%. Tell you what as you are a regular customer I'll give it you on discount but don't tell anyone else yeh, a man's gotta earn the coin.

When the heat comes back Heinz Vegetable Salad will be on the menu for sure, I'll tell chef to knock it up and source some of that poor people's Salad Cream, they sell it in Bookers by the gallon for about £00.99 pence a tub.
I may even try some myself!

...I saw that thread of yours, I've never seen anything weird, except things like Morris Dancing and marmalade on sausages and bacon lol

edit on 30-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Morris dancing. Can't stand it. It's just not normal.

Bacon. Mmmmm. Bacon sarnie with the usual marmalade and brown sauce, please?

Nothing wrong with cheap salad cream.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have this movie, love it. Roddy Piper talks a lot about the alternative stream of things.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Haha we agree about Morris dancing then...the rest, hmm, not so much lol
...order willl be 10 minutes, chef has gone for a dump and to read his Daily Mail...I know but he is cheap so sacrifices n all.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Not the Daily Fail!

Here's an Ode to Dan.

edit on 30-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ah nice one

I'll have watch later, it's always interesting stuff like that. They Live is a top movie though, the fight scene when he's trying to get matey to put the sunglasses on is hilarious!
You know of any similar movies I may have missed?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Haha yes!
I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it...I might do it to piss chef off lol

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Haha yes!
I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it...I might do it to piss chef off lol

lol.. funny. But the guy and his cloned fake brother is entertaining don't you think?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ah nice one

I'll have watch later, it's always interesting stuff like that. They Live is a top movie though, the fight scene when he's trying to get matey to put the sunglasses on is hilarious!
You know of any similar movies I may have missed?

The fight scene is interesting, the guy he fought with the black dude, ended up being a life long friend with piper. They laughed a trifle doing that scene. There's a few movies, not all are quite like this one but I have a couple of favorites. One is The Martian Chronicles, another is V. the older series from the 80's.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
lol,he's from Albania and hasn't got a visa, I can do what I like with him, hence his 18 hour shifts.
He's happy enough, got a nice sleeping area in the pots and pans walk-in cupboard

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

lol, he's albanian? He sounds as british as the Prince of Cra.. Wales.

Atleast he knows a swindle when he sees it right?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I didn't think spam was that bad, just really salty is all. I remember once while teenagers my girlfriend and I were allowed to have a party in the upper floors where she lived and we made spam sandwiches for the guests. When the teenaged guys arrived (they arrived first) they descended upon the food (there were three trays stacked up high with sammies) liked cluster flies and ate them all in the twinkling of an eye then asked if there was any more. lol
edit on 17CDT10America/Chicago043101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yep he integrated well, he had to or immigration would be crawling all over him, he's even developed a fake Cornish accent!
Prince of Wales lol, I'm no royalist, but if he becomes king I think it could be funny as knowing what a big mouth he is because as monarch he isn't really allowed to have any public opinion.
I secretly hope he will be king if only for the interesting times it could create. Say if he starts being outspoken and criticising the government over issues the people agree with he could play a blinder. He'd have the people supporting him, and the tabloid press. He may not create a 'constitutional crisis' by refusing to sign off an act of parliament but he could get them to drop some by being vocal about it in the discussion process.

I'm dreading when the queen dies though because I'll be expected to pretend to be sad for weeks or face the wrath of royalists. I remember when Diana got ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ died, there was this shrine outside the town hall and while walking past with my mate I stupidly said too loud "look at it, pathetic, it's not like anyone actually knew her, people die every day". Well, a few women overheard me and freaked out started running at us with faces of rage shouting, so we ran like #! What else could we do, it's not like we could have fought back lol, actually chased us down the road!
Yep I'm dreading when Liz pops it.
edit on 30-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: multiple typos lol

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join