It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes - throw a dog a stick and they will fetch it. Throw one for a cat and they are like "you threw it - you get it".

Most of our cats have had sci fi names - Muffett was Boxey's daggit in Battlestar Galactica (although we later found out it was Muffit but never mind), Gizmo was from Gremlins and Jones was Ripley's cat in Aliens.

Hopefully the name Muffett will continue!

We have also had Eric, Limpet and Merlin, bless 'em all.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Haha I googled it and remember Muffet from Galactica film!
I haven't seen that for years, may watch it later.

'Limpet' is cute as well, lap cat difficult to get off?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The remake series of BG is very bingeable.

Limpet was never a lap cat. We read a thing about a dog that lived with a cat and they loved each other. One sad day the cat died and the owners buried him in the garden. The dog was distraught and dug him up, brought him back in and sat licking him clean for ages thinking it could bring him back to life.

The cat was called Limpet. Wife liked story and so Limpet.

When we first got Limpet he was a kitten so as we had Muffett and Jones in the house and Muffett was jealous we had to lock him in the bathroom when we were out. We came back from work one day and no sign of him in there looked everywhere and was no way he could have got out. Puzzled. Eventually I looked at the dressing gowns hanging on the back of the bathroom door. He was fast asleep in a pocket. I wanted to call him Pocket but SWMBO was not having it.

Muffett tried to bully him but Jones protected him.

When we first let him out we had a wildlife pond so covered in duckweed Limps thought it was solid - took a running jump into it and found out it wasn't.

Muffett was sat nearby and I swear she did the points and laughs thing. Never seen a cat laugh before or since - but she was rolling about in stitches.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh my gosh what a story!
I hope I'm not breaching ATS T&C's here but I'm ashamed to admit I had a cat who was a stoner when I was 16/17 living in a crappy bedsit.
I blew some smoke at him one time, and after shaking his head he came back for more. At parties he'd follow the bong around for secondary smoke.
Gosh I feel terrible now, but he had a happy life, and I was in a different place in my life then, still legally a child but living and working independently.

...his name was Squidgy because he was black like squidgy black pot lol

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This weekend I put a couple points on the board for my fledgling business. As I await my clients' response, I believe that the Machine exceeded their expectations in all but one way...and I learned from the experience.

It's been twenty years in the making, the Machine. To finally see it almost fully-functional brings tears of joy to my weary eyes.

I feel odd. What is this sensation? I feel...great!

A rarity indeed, but in the spirit of celebrating hard-fought victories:

CCG, Gimme a milk. Chocolate.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
Sounds cool as, what does the machine do? Or is it a secret?
Milk chocolate on the house, hot or cold?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is a machine for collecting, arranging, editing, and enhancing a volatile, but beautiful substance: human emotion.

It works up a hell of an appetite.

All glibness aside, I am a producer/musician. This weekend, I finished the first two big productions to come out of my project studio. I am transitioning from avocation to vocation...twenty amazing years of work and I feel like a MAN, so let's have that chocolate milk hot this time.

edit on 10/12/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Cool story mate, share some tunes on the jukebox from your world.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I was going to order some food but I am not hungry now, for some reason.

My angelic friend apparently went full retard on me but his post got pulled for a serious t & c violation so I didn't see what he posted. Think he may have got a ban. Can you tell if a poster gets a ban or is canned somehow?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Pmsl!
You can't tell if they have a mere posting ban, but you can with a full on proper ban, you will be unable to 'star' any of their posts and their 'star' 'post numbers' scores disappear from the details under their avatar.
Wish I'd seen that, you in the winding up mood today?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

soon enough

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Cornish invited me here. I'm wearing glittery make up and have extremely unkempt pubic hair so you KNOW I'm a nice honest guy, the sort you fella's can take home to meet your mum.

She'll #ing love me.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Haha no deception with you then!!!
Good to see you here, I started it as a digital pub thread first but couldn't get the alcohol licence off mods so it had to be a greasy spoon cafe instead.
Now when are we protesting in London about deceptive female makeup and how it scars us when we see they ain't the same in the morning?
I bet some men need counselling after reading that thread lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Good to see you here, I started it as a digital pub thread first but couldn't get the alcohol licence off mods so it had to be a greasy spoon cafe instead.
Now when are we protesting in London about deceptive female makeup and how it scars us when we see they ain't the same in the morning?

I wonder if they have an issue with actors too. I mean, that's a kind of deception, acting, pretending to be somebody else. Probably only a problem with female actors though. But not ones that wear make up, they're ok. Or are they?? I just don't know!
Excuse me while I try not to masturbate over some home erotic imagery and blame my self loathing on what ladies like to do...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I wonder if they have an issue with actors too. I mean, that's a kind of deception, acting, pretending to be somebody else. Probably only a problem with female actors though. But not ones that wear make up, they're ok. Or are they?? I just don't know!
Excuse me while I try not to masturbate over some home erotic imagery and blame my self loathing on what ladies like to do...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Don't go there with actors, I was a method actor in my youth and young adulthood, total deception!
Ban makeup, shaving, and cleaning teeth I say, who the # supports this awful deception painting faces to enhance beauty, bastards.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
More deception!!!
webneel.com...

That's no tiger!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Good to know I'm not only crazy person with those ideas lmao

So yesterday we had a pre-christmas party, which in Mexico is called a pre-posada

First time ever i get to attend one, never been here this time of year before

it was awesome, it lasted until about 5 am

then i was taken home, got there almost 6 am, went into the kitchen trying to grab something to eat, had the munchies and stuff lol

Mom suddenly pops in and asks me if i'm getting ready for classes and i had to say yes and then got something to eat and coffee and had to go out again and pretend i had just woken up

Pretty sure she knew i spent all night away πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘

Took my bike and rode away and slept on a bench in the campus lmfao, good memories of sleeping under a bench some time ago πŸ€”πŸ‘»

Just got home again, i'm gping to sleep for two days straight lol

also got some of my grades back, not genous stuff but made it through nice so far lol

Sorry, had to remove more than half of the pic, i already learned my lesson about online privacy lol. that full pic would give away too much and expose my location

as you can see i have a 3 in calculus, then got better then down to a 7. 3 is very much an F, then the 7 is a D πŸ€•β˜ οΈ

But in general doing very well, good enough above the minimum to keep the visa lol, πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

Now time to go crazy for a while lmao, vacation time πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄β›·οΈβ›·οΈβ›·οΈπŸοΈπŸοΈπŸοΈπŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΉπŸΉπŸΉπŸΊπŸΊπŸΊ

πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This song i identify a lot with, my scars are my amulet

This time with lyrics CCG
.. Not very great but good enough, also the song is not too difficult to it is much more accurate for songs like this

lyricstranslate.com...

My Christmas only wish has been given, i will go back to home for the remaining days of December
, first time in almost 5 years, i'll see you guys in January
< 3

Hope everyone will have a great time, and happy new year in case i don't have a chance to tell it so at that day, also i'm not like Christmas celebrating person lol but i wish you all who do to have a very happy day and love you all very much < 3

CCG i will send an ugly Lyko cat your way one day, so you won't be able to get rid of it and will learn to love how ugly he is LMFAO

You'll be stuck with the guy/girl, no returns...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
More deception!!!
webneel.com...

That's no tiger!!!!!

Hmmm, something is wrong.. Wait a minute..

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join