It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Haha I'd love a new car! Not that I can drive anymore but new things are always nice.
I've been away for a few days, visiting my mother for her birthday, nightmare 8 hour train ride from hell though coming back lol, there was a shuttle bus service between a couple of stations due to work on the train tracks, and I was pointed to the wrong bus, ended up miles away from where I needed to be, on my return to the correct train station I had missed my train!

I got stopped by a ticket inspector on the train I jumped on and he wanted to fine me £80 for being on the wrong train, I told him to go # himself and call the cops because I wasn't giving him my name or anything if he wasn't a cop, and he would not be able to kick me off the train without physical violence.
I also told him the missed train was with the same company so they have suffered no actual loss as there were plenty of seats, so if they want cash from me they'll have to go through the civil court system and sue me.
He pissed off then, knew I knew my rights...jumped up little prick in a suit.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Hope that you had a great trip and found your Mother well.

Also, hope you were able to mitigate some of the feuding...

Have a wonderful day! It's sunny here but, don't feel like going out much. We trade the sunshine for windy and the cold for rain so...

< 3

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Ah thank you, it really was lovely

I nearly cried a tear when I saw my mother and hugged her...glassy eyes for sure lol
I've sorted the family feuding politics out as well, forced everyone to meet up and play nice with each other haha, two older brothers especially, it was troubling me that they had fallen out...laughing like mates again by the time I'd done my quick hit visit and had to catch my train.

...crap British rain and grey skies here haha!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I will always miss Mom.

Feeling a bit "empty nesty" today. The girls are out keeping the roads hot and I'm sitting here back and forth between you tube and ATS.

They'll be leaving soon, you know and I would be lucky for the situation you and your son have of living next door.

*Sigh*, I rather think that they will wind up elsewhere like the youngest at college with her girl and the oldest deciding that living in my basement as the crazy cat lady is really not a good option for her future LOL.

Of course that would allow me the freedom to follow my dreams but, how does one ever leave their children? I mean really?

(still no wine glass emoji after all of these years!
)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I nearly cried for you!!!
Lil guy next door all independent is brilliant, I phoned him earlier wanting some junk food like crisps/chips or cookies because I couldn't be arsed walking to the shop, result, got my junk food haha.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

a reply to: BoneSay
Languages are interesting aren't they

Molly just popped in my head lol but I call her moll molls now, crazy street cat disappears for days but always comes back, follows me down into town sometimes haha, like a dog would.

There you are!

Have a safe day at work you clumsy one...geez, we'll be having to wrap you in bubble wrap like a football player soon...

No bubble wrap for me haha, managed 3 days work this week, well 2 and a half but all good, no collapsing lol...I've sent you a PM, just a shout because the 'envelope' icon never shows it anymore.

Well, didn't see the message until just now LOL

I'm a dummy and the envelope wasn't lit so...You know...

Anyway, I'll email tomorrow, been busy/hectic at work.

I'll fill you in on all of the latest gossip! Pics included, maybe...

< 3

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Hey lady! Just wanted to reach out (for a time when you are able to come back) and let you know that you are thought of.

When you get straightened out, you will always be welcome and don't let folks get you down. We've all been there at some point, trying to figure out, perhaps, who we are in this world and you will change and grow and learn and I have experienced this personally and through raising my two daughters who are now women themselves navigating this uncertain plane.

Changing everyday and growing and learning and it is a beautiful thing to witness.

You are blossoming and it is a beautiful thing as well, allow it to happen freely and try to keep your chin up and a smile.

((hugs)) from the North!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lol, the envelope doesn't light up anymore, you ain't the dummy haha!
Pleased you saw the post.

< 3

EDIT
I'm crashing out now folks, pity timezones play such a part in online communication. Back for the banter in the morning lol
edit on 3-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Lol, the envelope doesn't light up anymore, you ain't the dummy haha!
Pleased you saw the post.

< 3

EDIT
I'm crashing out now folks, pity timezones play such a part in online communication. Back for the banter in the morning lol

Sweet dreams when you get there

And, yes, to the time zones!
LOL

*shakes fist in the air*

Looking at the same moon...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looking at the same moon when thousands of miles away, I love that!!!
I asked the landlady of that pub out for food and we're hooking up in the next few days, she needs to sort cover for the bar first.
Total electricity between us haha, dangerous as well, she is involved with local old school gangster types so I can't mess up or I'll get my kneecaps done in, or a beating at best lol.

...funny how we can be attracted to people for more than looks, just a look in the eyes, a sparkle, a twinkle, a smile.
I'll visit TN one day and will see how our eyes talk to each other over a game of pool in your local bar haha!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
In nice and early today - mandatory Full English I think with extra bacon.
Piping hot tea and a first cursory glance at The Racing Post.

Haven't been popping in as much recently, real life stuff seems to interfere sometimes.

Going to have some 'me' time today before you guessed it - pub!

Hope everyone is ok.

One of the coolest Northern tunes;

Guess its Northern Soul all the way this morning;

A timeless classic;

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Top tunes mate

I'm off for a full English in a minute at the £2.50 pub, I haven't cooked a thing since they started the new deal. Had a roast beef dinner yesterday after work, no way could I be arsed with that when I can pay £2.50 with no washing up to do lol

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Can't fault you mate.

Couple of sociable as well while you're there?

I can't do that, if I went to the pub now I wouldn't leave until throwing out time, or even beyond.

Enjoy and have one for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Lol it turned out into that tonight, 3 meals and 3 pints for 15 quid (son and girlfriend) lol my son said he ain't working tomorrow because we were on it haha!
Three people got told off by the landlady for using the c word, she won't have it and you'll be banned if you do it again after the warning lol

edit on 5-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Evening all, totally random but I might be getting a dumper truck tommorow and just had to tell people.

It's an old benfield from 1960 holds a good ton, road legal and is tax and mot exempt. Has a crank handle start Perkins engine so should be fun on a cold morning.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Mate that sounds cool as!
I just Googled it and I want one haha, what sort of work are you gonna be using it for? You still in the building game or more agricultural these days?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'd like one of those. I could drive it along the roads down here in deepest Wiltshire at rush hour and when a queue behind me tails back a few miles and I get hooted at etc I could mutter under my breath "you'm bloody townies doan unnerstan' our cundry ways".

That's what the local farmers seem to enjoy doing with their tractors.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Haha, tractors down this way do 50mph now, people with horse trailers are the worst!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

😜👧🏼🤷

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: BoneSay

Hey lady! Just wanted to reach out (for a time when you are able to come back) and let you know that you are thought of.

When you get straightened out, you will always be welcome and don't let folks get you down. We've all been there at some point, trying to figure out, perhaps, who we are in this world and you will change and grow and learn and I have experienced this personally and through raising my two daughters who are now women themselves navigating this uncertain plane.

Changing everyday and growing and learning and it is a beautiful thing to witness.

You are blossoming and it is a beautiful thing as well, allow it to happen freely and try to keep your chin up and a smile.

((hugs)) from the North!

Thank you so much, so far i'm doing good, learning again how to act as a family 😂..

So weird lmao.. but things are happening somehow

Thanks for your kind words, i really appreciate them

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join