It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Ah well done

Even the smallest head wounds blead like a badass don't they. Hope the stranger will get you a new shirt, I know I would if someone patched me up.
I've never patched someone but I have done CPR on someone until the paramedics arrived. Car crash, wound entered a lung on the side so another stranger had to hold it shut with their hand as I gave breaths because my air was coming out of the wound.
We didn't save the guy, but tried our best as you have to. I couldn't be a paramedic, must be traumatic at times.

Now a coffee coupon on the house for you doing something good today.
Some smooth soul for the jukebox...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Did they also scan your neck just in case it is a vascular problem?

Yes, seeing my doctor on Monday find out what his next ideas are lol
The drug I'm on has stablised the symptoms though so I'm well happy, just wouldn't want to be on some drug all my life, hard enough kicking cigarettes haha!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Did they also scan your neck just in case it is a vascular problem?

Yes, seeing my doctor on Monday find out what his next ideas are lol
The drug I'm on has stablised the symptoms though so I'm well happy, just wouldn't want to be on some drug all my life, hard enough kicking cigarettes haha!

Staying alive is hard, so keep it up, we don't want to lose you.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Haha thank you!

I had crazy dreams last night, in one I bought some cigarettes at my local store then immediately changed my mind explaining I was trying to give up. The owner refunded me and said he'll ask me if I'm really sure I want them if I come in again for more lol
Another dream I stumbled across an entrance to a secret base of some kind while working in a basement. I investigated but woke up when some guys in uniforms arrested me...too much sci-fi and ATS I reckon.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I took to eating raw carrots to deal with the increased appetite and found other things to do to change the times when I would have a cig; a sort of replacement therapy, if you will.

I took your advice, bought a load of carrots today and some spicy chilli houmous to dip them in. I've been the last half hour chopping vegetables for a big cooking pot of soup, so I've done a few carrots in mini batons which are sat next to me in a bowl to be dipped as I read ATS.
You got a favourite dip? Anyone else reading this got a fave?
Any type of houmous is mine but I also love garlic and herb or sour cream and chives.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I think dreaming of smoking is normal for those of us who were long-time smokers. One dream I had of smoking was that I lit a cig and then did a long deep inhale where the whole cig turned to ashes in one go.

Right now my fav dip or dressing is Russian. Mayo, ketchup, relish, lemon juice and worcheshire sauce (optional) - or a mixture of some or all of the ingredients to your taste. Sometimes I just make it with mayo and ketchup. But watch out mayo is high in calories at 90 calories per tablespoon, and ketchup is 20 calories per tablespoon, but you can buy lower calorie versions.

www.calorieking.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ooh I'll try that, I've got all the ingredients

I won't worry about the calories though, I took a break from alcohol the same day I stopped smoking, haven't stopped forever but I'm going to do at least a month or two to give my liver a break. 5 pints a night was at least a thousand useless calories I was consuming, and strangely I'm not missing the alcohol, I'm drinking 5 pints of water a night as habit lol, but I'm only craving cigarettes.

Light hearted Cafe related banter here, funny vid a friend from the US sent me of a man who touched the bum of a waitress in Georgia, don't mess with southern women! Can't embed it but the site soesn't have horrible pop-ups...
Guy touches Georgia waitress's bum

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Ooh I'll try that, I've got all the ingredients

I won't worry about the calories though, I took a break from alcohol the same day I stopped smoking, haven't stopped forever but I'm going to do at least a month or two to give my liver a break. 5 pints a night was at least a thousand useless calories I was consuming, and strangely I'm not missing the alcohol, I'm drinking 5 pints of water a night as habit lol, but I'm only craving cigarettes.

Light hearted Cafe related banter here, funny vid a friend from the US sent me of a man who touched the bum of a waitress in Georgia, don't mess with southern women! Can't embed it but the site soesn't have horrible pop-ups...
Guy touches Georgia waitress's bum

Who knows where his fingers went...it looks like they spanned a large area and that's probably what pissed her off the most. Not really touching, rather groping.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Agreed. I'd support any waitress at the banter cafe doing that, then call the police, then take a picture of him, have it on the wall behind the service bar, and ban him for life. I'd also name and shame him on the cafe facebook page lol
EDIT
Curiously, I'm on facebook in a thread where a girlfriend slapped a guy who felt her arse up in the taxi rank queue last night/early this morning, she ranted at him and loads of other blokes gathered backing her up. The groper ran away # scared apparently, hope he learned a lesson on his long walk home wherever he hoped to get to in a taxi.

edit on 29-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's not as simple as that, that these gropers will see the light by getting called on their sexual harassment behaviour simply by being shamed, it's a big problem and getting bigger.

Public sexual harassment...violating a woman's space and boundaries because they feel entitled to do so (misplaced idea that they have all the (abusive) power), and with the idea that nobody will stop them.

Mantouching operates in a similar way. It's an assertion of one's masculinity, at the expense of the personal comfort of those around you. When a man touches a woman without asking, he's doing so because he feels entitled to access to her body. For him, it might feel like a meaningless or friendly gesture. After all, what's the matter with touching the small of a woman's back? It's not like you're sexually assaulting her. But for women, it sends a different message. Nancy Qualls-Shehata of Patheos writes, "Your body is not your own, and any good ole boy can grab your butt and no one will stop him. Oh, and you have to pretend it's OK even if you are seething inside. You have to smile and give him a friendly wag of the finger and hug him."

www.upworthy.com...
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago03990931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That's interesting, in the 'thread' on my friends facebook the general feeling from girls is that it is getting much better over the years and words like dinosaur are being used to describe someone who hasn't caught up with the times. All the girls have said it used to be much worse, especially now the men who would protect women from such gropers vastly outnumber them.
If I'd been with my friend last night I wouldn't even have said anything I'd have punched him in the face instinctively. Touching any girl friend of mine is good enough for me to employ violence, and every local cop would turn a blind eye to it.
Maybe it's a regional worldwide thing. Women in my parts are generally treated equal and respected equally by all, but then take women in say Somalia and some other #hole their lives must be wretched at times.
I also imagine women in some crappy housing estates in London fair a heck of a lot worse than women in my parts.

I read of men who push up against women on packed tube trains and that revolts me, imagine stuck there having to feel him aroused against your back or whatever.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you read the article I posted, it is not that it is getting better (or happens less), it is because women are desensitized to it because it happens so frequently.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'll have a read now

I just took your summary instead of clicking. I can understand that, but honestly the current debate going on in my parts about the friend who got groped last night IS that men here are doing it much less. Certainly every man I know is shocked by last night. I wish it was a public thread, all the blokes contributing are saying the same thing, shocked that # like that still goes on.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'll have a read now

I just took your summary instead of clicking. I can understand that, but honestly the current debate going on in my parts about the friend who got groped last night IS that men here are doing it much less. Certainly every man I know is shocked by last night. I wish it was a public thread, all the blokes contributing are saying the same thing, shocked that # like that still goes on.

I thought the same thing, that it was not happening at work any more. Then a memo went around notifying all workers of a new workshop to educate us all about what exactly is sexual harassment at work.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Gosh I remember staff training about that in the early 90's, and I think the attitude has changed big time with men, but only women can answer that so I've raised the quaestion and posted your link to my friends fb thread asking her and all her friends to do an 'angry face' if they think it's still the same or getting worse, and a 'thumbs up' if they think it's getting better.
She has a zillion fb 'friends' so I'll get back to you with the results.

I agree about the article you linked, interesting read. I have never done anything like that but my generation have been educated about such things for over 30 years now hence why I was actually shocked with the bum grope last night.
The squeezing of cheeks would have made me cringe 30 years ago let alone these days, but of course creeps are still out there but as a man I never see it. I would challenge it every time if I did though.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The thing is CG, there is no way of knowing just how often harassment (in any form) happens when most people just let it go because they think nothing can be done about it. So, when the harassment memo arrived, my first thought was that people must be coming forward and complaining, why else would a workshop be necessary? Just because it wasn't happening to me, I assumed it wasn't happening, except for a couple of men my age (old farts) telling me to smile more.
edit on 17CDT01America/Chicago00910131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ah I agree, that's why I've asked my friend and her friends in what is an interesting conversation. So far I've had about 30 responses in 'reactions' and comments and the consensus is that groping like last night has definitely decreased, but putting arms around etc unwanted still goes on and they all agree they've become desensitized to it.
That being the case it's up to us men to start shouting about it as well. Here's my friend's first reply...

To be honest it does happen quite a lot and I'm inclined to agree that I think for myself I've been desensitized to it. I guess last night I just wasn't in the mood and I'd had enough, especially after already asking him to stop and yet he continued, I guess I felt just enraged that he'd continued even after I told him to # off xx

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
On a lighter note, here's an old favourite Monty Python one of mine, Spam Cafe.
...we don't serve Spam here, it reminds me of being poor as a kid lol, horrible stuff, I remember Spam sandwiches for my packed lunch at school.

Oh, and a tune I heard on the radio earlier, we got it on the jukebox, lots of happy memories with this one...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Nice hangout! I like it.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think aliens are about to overtake our planet.

testing... This is only a test courtesy of the Illuminati broadcast system for the deaf.

'you said I could post anything so I am'.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join